Frasier

Three Valentines

Aired Unknown Feb 11, 1999 on NBC

• Brilliantly acted and written three-part exploration of the trials and tribulations of romantic pursuits.

Absolutely brilliant three-part episode showing the different Valentines’ Day experiences of Niles, Frasier, and Daphne and Martin. I love David Hyde Pierce’s physical comedy in the first segment where he absolutely destroys Frasier’s apartment trying to iron out a crease in his pants. But I think the best by far is Frasier’s segment where Kelsey Grammar perfectly conveys the confusion that men always feel in trying to scope out exactly what intentions a guy’s date has for the evening. Such an insightful episode about the confusion of dating, the woes of creating the perfect romantic atmosphere, and the need we all have to be found attractive by another human being. A+ (97)
  • Valentines seen from 3 different perspectives.....Niles, Fraiser and Daphne and Martin. The trials and tribulations of love and the things we do for love.

This is a wonderful episode. It is a wonderful growth episode for Daphne and Martin and some more hilarity from Fraiser, but in my humble opinion, Niles (David Hyde Pierce) steals the show.
    The opening bit had me holding my stomach and begging for it to stop. The chain of events, and how it keeps going is pure genius and is very very funny! I won't go into details in case your one of those folks living in that proverbial cave, but be warned, you will laugh and laugh HARD!!!!!

David Hyde Pierce surely MUST have won an Emmy for this one?
    This man has a fantastic comedic timing. Not only for this one, but
    it shows in all of the series! Do they give Emmy's for casting? Because
    who ever decided to cast him for Fraiser should get an award!

BRAVO!!
  • This was the episode that made me fall in love with the show!

Valentine's Day experiences for Niles, Frasier, and Martin and Daphne comprise this episode. First, Niles' cozy dinner for two at Frasier's apartment is ruined when the couch catches fire. Next, Frasier can't figure out whether his ambiguous dinner companion sees him as a co-worker or a romantic prospect. Finally, Martin and Daphne dine together, commiserating about their loneliness.

This was the first show I ever whatched of Frasier. It was brilliant!I had always loved Kelsey Grammer in Cheers, but had never gotten around to whatching the spin off. I've been an addict ever since! I can't wait until Valentine's comes back around! Thank goodness for reruns.