Frasier

Where There's Smoke There's Fired

Aired Unknown Apr 30, 1996 on NBC

• Frasier must cure the smoking habit of the new owner's fiancee. It so happens it is Bebe Glaser, Fraisers unscrupulous agent. Bebe makes things very difficult indeed!

Another CLASSIC episode! Fraiser must cure Bebe to curry favor with Big Willy Boone the 85 year old Texas near billionaire ($600 million). Big Willy being the new owner of KACL! Of course Bebe sees a good thing when she see it and latches on for dear life. But her craving for the cigarette is too strong and everyone jumps in to help her kick the habit.
    Along the way, we get one of the funniest moments in TV. I call it....

The Bebe Glaser Smoking Exultation!
    Her short speech listing the glorious virtues of smoking is a hilarious delight!
    She sells it so good that she turns what, on paper, would have been a minor laugh into a delicious, Dionysian, lascivious, carnal and ridiculously hilarious moment!
    If Harriet Sansom Harris doesn't deserve an Emmy for this I don't know what does!
    She not only sells it, but the steak AND the sizzle and the cutlery, and the dining table and......*Whew* I need a smoke!! Great Frasier moment!!