Freaks and Geeks Forums

NBC (ended 2000)

2nd to last episode.

rivarle

[1]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 4
    Wow, what a great show.
    It's been awesome going through this series.
    I like to think of this show as a meta-prequel to "How I met your mother", in that we get to see a totally rad Jason Segel as a highschooler.
    As a diehard MST3K fan, I was blown away by the Joel appearance.
    However, at this point I'm only two episodes away from finishing the series. I kinda don't even want to watch the last episode so that I'll always have something to look forward too.
    I did the same thing with Firefly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

davepuddy

[2]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    Good to see a new post about F&G; this forum has been pretty dead lately. I understand what you mean about not wanting to finish the episodes. The premature cancellation of the show certainly leaves one wanting more. When you do give in and watch, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The final episodes are excellent.

Maybe you already know about it and have seen it, but there is another show that you may be interested in that F&G can be considered a prequel of. Judd Apatow, a key part of the F&G team with Paul Feig, created the sitcom Undeclared, which aired on Fox two seasons after F&G. It was kind of a college version of F&G.

Seth Rogen (freak Ken Miller) was a regular cast member, and Jason Segel had a recurring role. Other main F&G stars had guest appearances: Busy Phillips (Kim), Martin Starr (Bill), and Samm Levine (Neil).

Other familiar Freaks and Geeks faces appeared as guests on Undeclared. These include Neil's brother, Cindy Sanders, the math teacher, Alan the freshman bully, and Sara, a girl who appears briefly in some F&G episodes and figures prominently in the final episode (which you haven't watched yet). Also, major movie comedy stars Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and Ben Stiller make guest appearances as well.

Personally, I wouldn't put Undeclared on the same level as Freaks and Geeks, my all-time favorite show, but it is a pretty entertaining show, and certainly worth a look for a Freaks and Geeks fan. Enjoy the final two episodes.

InstantClubHits

[3]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    I watched every episode of Undeclared...it was no Freaks & Geeks...but it was funny. And I loved all the appearances of Freeks alumni!! Glad that it too made it's way to dvd.

twofathomsdeep

[4]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    while it definitely sucks f&g got cancelled, the last episode is so perfect to closing the whole thing up. i just kind of look at it as one really long movie. undeclared is good, too. it's not freaks and geeks, though.