Freaks and Geeks Forums

NBC (ended 2000)

Had it continued...

wittyscreenname

[1]May 2, 2007
    • level: 16
    Just for the sake of creating more topics, had Freaks and Geeks been aired for a second (or more) seasons, what would everyone  have liked to have seen in terms of the show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HilljaFuFu

[2]May 2, 2007
    • level: 22
    I would've liked to have seen Ken continue to have a bigger role in the show. I also would've liked to have seen less of Nick.

Other than that, maybe something going on with Lindsay and Daniel behind Kim's back. That would've been some excellent drama.

LoserMike

[3]May 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    Graduation at the end of the second season for Lindsay and maybe some of the freaks.

OddSparkles

[4]May 2, 2007
    • level: 11

Lots of drama for Neal and his family.

Hilljafufu, why would you want to see less of Nick? I liked him, more then Ken actually. For me it would be the opposite: Less Ken, More Nick.

wittyscreenname

[5]May 2, 2007

I don't know, I would have seen more development for Ken and Amy.

And...we all know it wasn't over for Lindsay and Nick, but I like the thought of a Lindsay and Daniel thing, as was mentioned, because didn't we all think that that's was originally supposed to happen at the beginning of the series?

As much as Neal annoys me, I would be really interested in seeing how his family issues get sorted out, with the [probably] messy divorce and all.

And then Desario associating with the geeks...whatever will have become of that?

Oooh, and the Weir family dynamic after Lindsay gets back from following the Grateful Dead tour instead of attending the academic summit...how different do you think that would be?  Would Lindsay and Kim be different?

wittyscreenname

[6]May 2, 2007

LoserMike wrote:
    Graduation at the end of the second season for Lindsay and maybe some of the freaks.

Sorry to double post, but I thought that Lindsay was only 16 in the first season...wouldn't that mean that she would graduate in season 3?

LoserMike

[7]May 2, 2007
    wittyscreenname wrote:

LoserMike wrote:

Sorry to double post, but I thought that Lindsay was only 16 in the first season...wouldn't that mean that she would graduate in season 3?

Wasn't she a junior and Sam a Freshman?

HilljaFuFu

[8]May 2, 2007
    wittyscreenname wrote:

I like the thought of a Lindsay and Daniel thing, as was mentioned, because didn't we all think that that's was originally supposed to happen at the beginning of the series?

Yea,  I've gotten the impression that Busy Phillips becoming a regular cast member altered that.

wittyscreenname

[9]May 3, 2007
    LoserMike wrote:
    Wasn't she a junior and Sam a Freshman?

You're probably right. I don't know any of that Freshman-sophomore-junior-senior stuff...I don't even know the order, except that freshman is first and senior is last. *shrugs*
    HilljaFuFu wrote:
    Yea, I've gotten the impression that Busy Phillips becoming a regular cast member altered that.

Yeah, that makes sense...I think it was in Beers and Weirs that we figure out that,oh...Lindsay was misled if she thought that she would get to be with Daniel...seeing as he and Kim are making out on her bed.

Oops, nevermind...I still wonder what effect Desario would have had on her...Imagine Girlfriends and Boyfriends with Daniel instead of Nick? Somehow I don't think it would have ended with the couple simple holding each other.

OddSparkles

[10]May 3, 2007
    wittyscreenname wrote:

Oops, nevermind...I still wonder what effect Desario would have had on her...Imagine Girlfriends and Boyfriends with Daniel instead of Nick? Somehow I don't think it would have ended with the couple simple holding each other.

Strangely, I feel the same about that relationship although, Daniel wasn't SUCH a bad guy and I don't think he would have pushed Lindsay into doing something she clearly wasn't ready for.

wittyscreenname

[11]May 4, 2007
    True.  But with Daniel, Lindsay might have *thought* that she was ready.  But I agree, Daniel isn't totally the scuzzbag that the show initially makes him out to be.

OddSparkles

[12]May 4, 2007
    Yeah but then again, the same thing usually happens in real life when you see, for exemple, a deliquant. You only see the bad sides before you get to know that person but when you do, you're always surprised to find softer sides to their personnality.

wittyscreenname

[13]May 4, 2007
    I suppose you're right, again! Wow, I really need to get a boyfriend. ...Sorry, that's slightly off-topic, isn't it? :S

OddSparkles

[14]May 4, 2007

Might be off topic for this thread but it's top-of-the-list topic in my life too!!! And ok, that was off-topic too...

wittyscreenname

[15]May 4, 2007
    lmao!! Awww...okay, gotta focus on the topic now and get our minds off those things.

Whatever happened with Bill and...Vicky?

LoserMike

[16]May 12, 2007
    Neal has to get some. After all the things that happened to him, he needs to release all that frustration. Though, I think he's gonna be the only one out of the geeks to hook up with another geek. Sam hooked up with Cindy and Bill hooked up with Vicky, both hot cheerleaders.

wittyscreenname

[17]May 12, 2007
    I think Neal deserves a nice geek girl The problem is, he's still pining after Lindsay. It's tough being in love with someone who sees you only as a sibling's friend.

OddSparkles

[18]May 12, 2007

Plus, honestly, I think only a nice geek girl could get Neal. He's very much in his special world and has a very strange humor that the geeks get and appreciate but to the rest of the world, it's "geek humor". But I do agree that he would have needed a girl to help him go through all that was going on in his life.

wittyscreenname

[19]May 12, 2007
    I have no doubt that he would've found someone in the second season. I don't think that TPTB would be so cruel as to leave him lonely and frustrated forever.

RoryJamesSaywer

[20]May 12, 2007
    Ya i agree Neal deserves a girl after all that happened. A nice geek girls would be good for him. I also like the Daniel and Lindsay idea.