Freaks and Geeks Forums

NBC (ended 2000)

Had it continued...

OddSparkles

[21]May 12, 2007
    • level: 11
    I don't know about Daniel and Lindsay being a couple. Actually, I don't know about Lindsay being in a relationship period. I think if she got together with Daniel, it would have been pretty much like the relationship she had with Nick. They seem to be to much "foreward" for her, like they know too much how it is to be a couple when she's just a beginner. She would need a boyfriend at the same level as she is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wittyscreenname

[22]May 13, 2007
    • level: 16
    Right, but at the same time, this beginner boyfriend would also have to somehow be as deep as she is--because I don't think that she would constantly be disappointed with someone who isn't questioning things as much as she is...So, I don't know where she would find that, lol.

What are everyone's thoughts on Neal's brother? lol

OddSparkles

[23]May 21, 2007
    Neal's brother... you want to kill Neal don't you?? Poor guy... first the nasty divorce then his brother takes his lady... But they would be great together if you don't consider Neal's feelings!!

wittyscreenname

[24]May 21, 2007
    Aw...I must be insensitive...I never considered Neal's feelings at all!

I did kind of like Lindsay and Neal's brother, in some strange way...but yes, it would be kind of torturous for Neal to have to witness his life-long love/obsessive crush date his older brother.

gnomesie

[25]May 23, 2007
    • level: 10
    They def. would of made Neal find a girl. Also follow up on his fathers relationship.

wittyscreenname

[26]May 23, 2007
    But how much would Neal's girlfriend suffer if he was still pining after Lindsay? 'Specially if his brother were dating her...

rockinlibrarian

[27]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    ^ Maybe a real girlfriend would be just what Neal needs to finally get OVER Lindsay. He can't pine after his childhood crush forever.

wittyscreenname

[29]Jul 13, 2007
    ^ Such a challenge! He's been infatuated with her since he was five years old!! He has a box full of letters that he wrote to her but never sent! Poor guy...I wish someone would pine after me like that

...or not.

OddSparkles

[30]Sep 13, 2007

That would be kind of freaky to have someone truly so in love. It really wouldn't do it for me, it would most likely scare me away even more! Also, now that I think about it, Neal would probably have been disapointed if he started dating Lindsay. I mean, he idealises her (is that a word in english or just a strange direct translation from my brain??); anyway, he thinks of her in a certain way and once he would get to know her better, I'm pretty sure she would have been different from his dream girl. I'm not saying he wouldn't like her anyway just that, she wouldn't be exactly what he expected and that might change his feelings a bit.

wittyscreenname

[31]Sep 16, 2007
    Kind of like Sam's disillusionment with Cindy? At lesst Neal knows both sides of Lindsay, having grown up with her and seen her through some less-than-flattering situations.

Odd, it's been awhile! Where've you been?

davepuddy

[32]Sep 17, 2007

After Neal told Lindsay how he felt at the keg party, I would think that at some point Lindsay would pull him aside and let him down as gently as possible. That seems like something she would do, considering how sympathetic she is toward people.

That way, Neal could have avoided making a fool of himself around her in the future. For example, the time Neal was eating dinner at the Weirs'. He asked her if she had seen the movie Ordinary People, and when she said she hadn't, he replied "Oh, you have to see it. I cried."

Then he tops it off by saying he's going to see it again, hinting to Lindsay that they should go together. She more or less rolls her eyes and tells Neal that he should go see it with Sam.Poor guy.

Yeah, Neal definitely needed to get a girlfriend. At the very least he should have gotten a female ventriloquist's dummy for some companionship.

OddSparkles

[33]Sep 17, 2007

Hahaha a female ventriloquist!!! Why not??

WSN, I was working AND falling in love!! So I didn't really have a lot of time to come by but I checked a couple times these forums and nothing was happening so I didn't write either. But now school has once again started and, even though grad school is a lot more work then I expected, I still have time to pretend to work and spend time on tv.com! How about you, had a good summer?

wittyscreenname

[34]Sep 19, 2007
    Summer was all right. I was scooping ice cream and NOT falling in love But yes, now I'm back at uni, too, and keeping busy with course work.

I got my cousin to watch the entire series with me and she absolutely adores it...I'm so proud! I'm glad I watched it all agian--in order for once. There were so many little teensy details that I'd forgotten!

davepuddy

[35]Sep 22, 2007
    Had the show continued......

Freaks and Geeks 1987:

Lindsay finally gets together with the guy she was always meant to be with......Mr. Rosso!

rockinlibrarian

[36]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 3
    davepuddy wrote:
    Had the show continued......

Freaks and Geeks 1987:

Lindsay finally gets together with the guy she was always meant to be with......Mr. Rosso!

*snort*

But actually... I think you're right.

wittyscreenname

[37]Sep 23, 2007
    Hahahhahahahh!

Wow. Just wow.

But strangely, it's not *that* hard to envision!

OddSparkles

[38]Sep 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA!

He certaintly did like her a little too much!

wittyscreenname

[39]Sep 25, 2007
    And remember in "The Little Things", she said that Mr. Rosso was actually pretty good looking in a suit. (To which Kim replied "Yeah, if you're attracted to guys that look like Jesus."--might not be exact quote...)

rysiv

[40]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 1

Hello everyone. I am a new F&G fan; I just finished watching the series for the first time less than an hour ago. I am fortunate tha my roomate had the series on DVD and I have already purchased my own copy.

I do not think that Lindsay would go out with Daniel. I think that Lindsay and Kim had too good of a relationship for Lindsay to go behind her back and date Daniel. Lindsay had a good heart and would not do that to her best friend.

I believe that in a second season Nick would have broken up with his current girlfriend (it's obvious that he still liked Lindsay from the look that he gave as she left the bowling alley) and there would have been a lot of "will they or won't they?" drama between them.