Freaks and Geeks Forums

NBC (ended 2000)

The Cast

kopeckee

[1]Feb 24, 2006
    • level: 20
    Seth Rogen The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005) (co-producer..James Franco a number of things ..Linda Cardellini Nurse Samantha Taggart on ER .John Francis Daley on the short lived Kitchen Confidential" also Boston Public" Jason Segel now on How I Met Your Mother" also Samm Levine popped up on that one.. i wish we could have gotten a few season more of this show...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bart8787

[2]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 8
    you forgot john daley. he was in waiting and he was great

benchervin

[3]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 9
    Sam Levine, who played Neal, is not even listed here in the cast page.

wittyscreenname

[4]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 16
    He was previously listed, but Neal's name was misspelled 'Neil'. I lodged a complaint with Fufu...He must still be in the process of editing it...or maybe something went horribly wrong...*shrugs*

wittyscreenname

[5]Jul 23, 2007
    Linda Cardellini was also in Brokeback Mountain, Grandma's Boy, the Scooby-Doo movies, and some sketch shows, such as Human Giant and Robot Chicken.

Seth Rogen and Jason Segel both appeared in Knocked Up.

Busy Phillipps joined Linda as part of the ER cast.

Sarah Hagan (Millie) guest starred on an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

...And I think that we already have a very similar topic somewhere else in this forum.

HilljaFuFu

[6]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 22
    wittyscreenname wrote:
    He was previously listed, but Neal's name was misspelled 'Neil'. I lodged a complaint with Fufu...He must still be in the process of editing it...or maybe something went horribly wrong...*shrugs*

Yea, I tried to edit it whenever you first told me about it and didn't do it right. The new submission system is supposed to make editing the cast and crew easier, so I'll give it another shot. Sorry, I should be more alert with these issues.

wittyscreenname

[7]Jul 30, 2007
    No, no, no don't apologize. I knew you were on the case, I just figured that there were some issues with the submissions system, like you said.

davepuddy

[8]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 10

kopeckee wrote:
    Seth Rogen The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005) (co-producer..James Franco a number of things ..Linda Cardellini Nurse Samantha Taggart on ER .John Francis Daley on the short lived Kitchen Confidential" also Boston Public" Jason Segel now on How I Met Your Mother" also Samm Levine popped up on that one.. i wish we could have gotten a few season more of this show...

This is pretty obscure, but here goes. You mentioned Daley on Boston Public. A guest star on F+G, Rashida Jones, went on to be a regular in Boston Public, playing a young school secretary. On F+G, she was Kim Kelly's friend who kept writing "geek" on Sam's locker and got caught by Kim fooling around with Daniel. Jones is the daughter of legendary R+B music producer Quincy Jones.

wittyscreenname

[9]Aug 3, 2007
    Oooh yeah! Nice catch, there! I never would have picked up on that!

davepuddy

[10]Aug 3, 2007
    Thanks. As I watched the episode, I couldn't remember where I saw her before, but seeing her name in the closing credits jogged my memory. This really isn't important, but I have a question about this forum. Why is it that, as I type this, it doesn't say ONLINE NOW beneath my name, even though I am signed in and posting? Last time I checked out the forum, it said I was online even though I wasn't signed in! No big deal, just odd.
    Edited on 08/07/2007 8:03am

davepuddy

[11]Aug 3, 2007
    Oops, now it does say online now; my question is answered, I guess.

wittyscreenname

[12]Aug 3, 2007
    ^yeah, it can be strange sometimes; on some odd days my level will drop back down to one and I will have 0% level progress and such, but these things tend to fix themselves after a while...

davepuddy

[13]Aug 8, 2007
    In the second episode, Beers and Weir's, Allen Covert appears as the guy at the liquor store who sells the geeks the non-alcoholic beer keg. Covert is a buddy of Adam Sandler's that often has a small role in Sandler's films. He recently had a leading role, opposite Linda Cardellini, in the movie Grandma's Boy.
    Edited on 08/08/2007 10:24am

davepuddy

[14]Jan 18, 2008
    I guess this post further cements my status as a jock, a sworn enemy to both freaks and geeks, but I must do it anyway.

Go Packers!!! Defeat the Giants on Sunday to advance to the Super Bowl, with a triumphant victory much like the one experienced by the McKinley High Norsemen over Lincoln in the 1981 Michigan high school basketball playoffs.

I resurrected this particular thread, about people who appeared in Freaks and Geeks, to at least provide a F&G related reason to give a shout out to my team.

Ben Stiller appeared in the episode "The Little Things" as a secret service agent guarding vice-president Bush. Stiller starred in the '90's movie "There's Something About Mary", in which Packers quarterback Brett Fav-re made a cameo appearance. I thought about paying the scalpers prices to attend the game, but the temperature may drop below 0 degrees. I'm a loyal fan, but I'm not crazy. Watching on a big-screen TV indoors seems like a much better plan.

wittyscreenname

[15]Jan 18, 2008
    ^ It makes me sad to think about Stiller's appearane on F+G. He appeared on the show to hopefully help boost the ratings, but the show ended up being cancelled before that episode could even air.

Thanks, anyways, Ben! It's the thought that counts!

davepuddy

[16]Mar 27, 2008
    I recently watched the movie Alpha Dog on Cinemax. It's based on a true story of a teenage drug dealer in California. He and his crew kidnap the younger brother of a guy who won't pay his debt. Things spiral out of control and the kid ultimately gets killed.

Anyway, a few days later while channel surfing, the movie was on again and the opening credits were on. Along with the names of the actors I was familiar with in the movie (Bruce Willis, Justin Timberlake, Sharon Stone), the name Ben Foster appeared.

I was trying to figure out where I knew that name from when it hit me: that's Eli from Freaks and Geeks! At this point, I had to start watching the movie again because I had no idea what character Foster had played even though I watched the entire movie already.

Finally, looking closely for "Eli", I realized he was the guy that played the speed freak older brother who owed the drug debt. He was this angry, intense character, with his head shaved and full of tattoes, completely unrecognizable to me the first time I watched the film.

I must say, he sure has some range as an actor, not afraid to play quirky and unusual roles. I can't remember seeing him in anything else; maybe I just didn't recognize him like I didn't in my first viewing of Alpha Dog.

davepuddy

[17]Apr 13, 2008
    Wow, Ben Foster (Eli) really does take some weird roles. I just watched the movie 30 Days of Night, about vampires in Alaska. He plays a human who is helping out the vampires. He is bearded and almost unrecognizable again, but I realized it was him during his second scene.

davepuddy

[18]May 21, 2008
    Well, this forum has been dead for awhile, so I'll throw up something new about some of the F+G cast members.

1. The guy who appears in several episodes as Sean.....the dark-haired guy who is the fourth member of the Freaks' band Creation. I can't recall ever seeing him in a movie or other show as far as I remember. But recently, I spotted him in a commercial for Verizon wireless, specifically a service called ESPN to go, where you can access sports information on Verizon cell phones. Guy looks exactly the same now.

2. This one's a pretty obscure character who only appeared for a moment in F&G and only had one line, but my trained eye spotted it during a repeated viewing of the episode Noshing and Moshing. The scene where Daniel decides to get his nose pierced to impress the girl at the punk club. I recognized the girl doing the piercing as one of the stars of the current CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement, which also includes David Spade(mediocre show in my opinion). The character is a girl named Jen, and the actress's name is Bianca something. Obscure F&G trivia, yes, but there is only so much to discuss with only 18 episodes that ended 9 years ago.