Freaks and Geeks Forums

NBC (ended 2000)

who did you like most ???

wittyscreenname

[21]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 16
    ^Oh, I agree. I mean I would never wish any of the characters that I disliked out of the show--it would ruin the entire feel of it!

I know the guy of which you speak...he's exactly the kind of person I strove to avoid/seek revenge against all throughout high school.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

supramannen101

[22]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 5
    The geeks! Some of the freaks was fantastic but i didn't like them all.

annie888

[23]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 9

I like them both. I'd rather hang out with the Freaks but the geeks were funny. The jocks were the most boring people in the school.

IronMaidenPwnz

[24]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 2

The Freaks. Lindsay was obviously a great character. Daniel Desario was flippin hilarious. Nick was my favorite character of all even though he was an idiot.

I didn't like Ken or Kim that much, and the only character that really stood out to me on the Geeks side was Bill.

Edited on 06/10/2008 9:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

erin2992

[25]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    I liked the geeks, probably because I'd be one of them if I were alive in 1980. All of the characters were so great, though.

pudgebyrd722

[26]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 51

My favorites characters were Bill and Harris, but I liked all of the Freaks except for Kim, so I have to go with the Freaks on this one.

rock1985

[27]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 1

I like both equally. I grew up during this time. In 1980 I was in 8th grade. I was a little of both. Since I was around Sam's age I would say me and my friends were a bit more like Sam and his friends. I used to be more of a rocker though which would lean towards the freaks. At this age there really weren't freaks in my grade. There were in the upper grades and I was very intrigued by them.

Me and my friends did alot of the goofy stuff Sam and his friends did so I really enjoy this side of the show. As I grew older I state to become one of the freaks. I had a time when I was sort of like Lindsay, minus the strait A part, where I was trying to get in with the freaks. They were older so I didn't really get to hang out with them but a few of them I interacted thought I was pretty cool.

As time moved along and I got into the higher grades a freak section did form in my class and I was part of that scene. We were called the partiers, however you would spell it. We would do the freak thing like going out to shows, hang out, drink, smoke weed and things like that.

One thing I like about the show is that they did not portray the freaks like so many other shows do. We weren't just a bunch of burnouts. Yes school was not our top priority and we should have worked harder to reach our full potential but there were some real cool friends in my group. I like how the show actually showed that these people were real people with real feelings.

My friends were not a bunch of burnouts that didn't care about each other. Yes we were a bunch of teens that liked to party, wore concert t-shirts, skipped class and hung out listening to Heavy Metal but we also had a blast! If something happened to one of us the other guys would be there to help out. We looked out for each other.

Often this group is portrayed as non caring kids that just sat around like zombies and would turn their backs on each other if they did something that was not considered "cool". Yes this group can get abrasive at times as illustrated in the show but I find this refreshing. People in this group were real. If you did something stupid then it would be pointed out as opposed to people being fake and pretending that everything was ok. Fakeness was not tolerated in this group.

So anyways I really enjoyed this show alot because I could relate to both sidesl. They were both portrayed very well. It brings me back to this time in my life. Although I thought I hated the way life was at that time and just wanted to get out of school I now look back and realize this was the best time of my life!

Edited on 07/21/2011 9:44am

Just_Jos

[28]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 11

The Geeks hands down, especially Bill, he was the funniest.