Freaks and Geeks

The Little Things

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jul 08, 2000 on NBC

• Very rarely is a series able to pull off three very different plots in one episode, and able to connect them all together to boot!

This is probably one of the most interesting episodes of the series, since if you don't like one plot in the episode, you might like one of the remaining two other plots. I don't want to give too much away, but I think it was great how Ken was given some attention in an episode for once and was even able to mirror Sam's predicament.

Personally, I liked how Sam was given such an awkward position to be in, but gathered enough courage to do what a guy had to do, regardless of whether it brought his social status back down-- Cindy's response during her opening speech near the end of the episodemay make you kinda sad, but when you think the whole thing over, you kinda want to laugh right in her face. We're all kinda cruel like that.

And as for Lindsay's plot, I liked how Jeff was completely out of his normal persona, which in turn actually triggered what he most likely wanted Lindsay to do in the first place.

All in all, this episode just has so much going on, that it deserves a 9/10 for just being able to tie everything together nicely. (Why's it not a 10? I dunno, you don't want to be too nice in these reviews.)

And let's not forget Ben Stiller's guest appearance. Priceless!