Freakylinks Forums

FOX (ended 2001)

No other threads?

fallensnowflake

[1]May 3, 2006
    • level: 11

So there are no threads here. But now there is. So I assume no one will ever read this, but what do you think of the show? Did it deserve to get cancelled? I thought the show was marvelous, and was so mad that it was cancelled. Although I think they ended up showing all of the episodes filmed. But I think I missed some because I definitely do not recall some of them. Does anyone know if the series is on DVD or if it will be?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JorgeElGrande

[2]May 30, 2006
    • level: 1
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 05/30/2006 6:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JorgeElGrande

[3]May 30, 2006

I have looked and looked all over the net to try and find anyone that has the FL videos. I found a site that had a homemade DVD collection of the whole series, but when I got the means to get them the site was gone. Haxan won't confirm any DVD's being released or even thought about. I just don't know. I really miss the show and would love to get it on DVD or Video too.

A couple friends and I are independent film makers and have tossed around the idea of making a FL Fan Film series.

grailwolf

[4]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 55
    So far, no release and no plans to release. I recommend contacting Fox and Haxan and telling them you'd like to see it on DVD, and voting for it on tvshowsondvd.com (you need to register for that one, but they don't seem to send any spam or anything and it's free). Short of that, the only copies I've seen are on ebay and they're homemade from the original tapes. Not at all legal, and I've heard the quality is terrible.

I really wish these episodes would finally see the light of day. My VHS copies have about had it.

tvfan_25

[5]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    I used to watch this show, too! I have them all on VHS somewhere, I think? I will have a look, and post again once I know for sure.

Tauking

[6]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 2
    I've voted for Freakylinks on that tv on dvd website.
    But the years have dragged by and nothing.
    Unless someone rallies what little fans there are and does something pro-active I fear this good will end up sitting next to the Lost Ark gathering dust.

MarieWynn

[7]Sep 16, 2006

Actually the Haxan guys don't own the rights to the show as far as I understand it. Fox does. Hence the lack of DVD's and the inability to do anything like a movie due to copyright stuff. You guys should check out the haxan forum (www.haxan.com/forum). there's still a lot fans that frequent there. Two other fan sites to check out would be www.phreakylinks.com and www.myspace.com/freakylinks. There are bootleg versions of the show on ebay and if you are looking for a freakylinks fix, the haxan guys still have the site up in their portfolio, complete with the Diary of a Madman and the freak-o-pedia. (http://www.haxan.com/portfolio/freakylinks/)

Enjoy!