Freddie

ABC (ended 2006)

Louis-Wu

Freddie Fan Reviews (40)

• Like Father like son

What a great show. I wish they would bring this back. Freddie Prinze is a talented young man and he inherited his humor from his father.
  • This is one of my best and favorite shows I've ever seen.

Freddie is one my absolutely fabulous, funniest, and favorite shows, I've ever saw, and idk why ABC cancelled it, they keep cancelling good shows, and it needs to stop, but Freddie will always be one of my favorite shows, and I hope ABC brings it back, and why do they do this, what's the point in making a show if your only going to cancel it and i don't get why its always the good ones that get cancelled, I mean why put in all the work and get people excited about a show that they come to love for nothing, it makes no sense at all.
  • Freddie

Freddie Prinze, Jr. makes his television series starring debut in this offbeat family comedy from the team behind "The Drew Carey Show" and "George Lopez." Freddie Moreno (Prinze) had finally escaped from the raucous house of women with whom he grew up. Having achieved some success as head chef at a trendy Chicago restaurant, he's ready for love and everything else that single life has to offer, including hanging out with his best friend and neighbor, Chris (Brian Green, "Beverly Hills 90210"). Unfortunately, there's one slight hitch: After the death of his older brother and the collapse of his sister's (Jacqueline Obradors, "NYPD Blue") marriage, goodhearted Freddie took in his impulsive sister-in-law (Mädchen Amick, "Twin Peaks), his pragmatic sister with her 13-year-old daughter (Chloe Suazo, "The Comeback") and their irascible grandma (Jenny Gago, "Coach Carter"), who refuses to speak English and only responds in Spanish -- even though she understands every word. But while the members of this unconventional brood may test Freddie's patience endlessly, they also support and take care of one another, just as they always have. Now all Freddie has to do is figure out how to maintain his thriving bachelor lifestyle in a house overflowing with estrogen.

Freddie is a great comedy and drama movie.
  • BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do they always do this, whats the point in making a show if your only going to cancel it and i don't get why its always the good ones that get canceled.I mean why put in all the work and get people excited about a show that they come to love for nothing it makes no sense att all. Come on like a show with two sexy guys in it can't get enough ratings thats un beliveable. I really wish they would stop doing this to shows but no its all about the money !!!!! I love this show not just because of the sexy guys but because its so funny!!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • why did they do this !

I have always loved the show Freddie it was so funny !and was very dissapointed and mad when it stoped comming on i wondered what happened? I had a feeling it had been cancled but was not sure till now.I think this was ABC's BIGGEST mistake ! God Bless, Heather bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !bring back freddie !
  • This show was so funny and charming, it was a real one to watch when you are just sitting down for dinner and want a couple of laughs

I cannot believe they cancelled Freddie! the whole show worked so well! the characters had chemistry and the plot was maybe not so deep but still it delivered an interesting story! The Comedy i thought was also spot on especially with Chris the next door nabour who was just the rich kid on the block and freddie being the successful and charming chef, they blended well together and what i liked best was the relationships they went through and just seeing how it was also handled with great laughs.
    I am however disappointed by the last episode if they were going to cancel it they should at least have given it the proper send off and closed up some of the story line but instead they just left it open and now its gone :(((( bring it back!!!
  • I'm GLAD it has been cancelled!

2.9
    I know i'm probably just breaking thousands of teenages hearts by sayin' this cruelty... but i'm just really glad this show is no longer airing!

C'mon... we all love Freddie Prinze Jr, but let's face it... THIS just didn't work!

He's cute, maybe talented, but he's better doing some romance, drama... NO COMEDY!!

Is it easy to do comedy? Umm... you gotta have that special thing that even when you say "how you doin'?" is hilarious! And no, i'm not comparing it to Joey from Friends...

Anyway... Freddie, get back to the big screen... Not tv show... oh, and also not Scooby Doo please!
  • To tell you the truth this is like my new style of comedy shows well at least the part that how I like shows right now:)

To tell you the truth this is like my new style of comedy shows well at least the part that how I like shows right now:) I love Freddie the show, gotta love the hilarious scenes and it is really for more matured people because no offense I don't mean to hurt anyone but this show has a little adult only theme unless if you could understand it anyway I love it love it love Freddie's outfits wish I could get some and this is a great show I wanna see more.
  • This was a great show and I want it back.

This was a really fun show. Freddie Prince Jr. did a great job playing his role and the other actors were good too. The characters were awesome, I especially liked Chris who I thought really contributed to the show. Freddie was a great character too, the successful restaurant owner who had this crazy neighbour. I don't know why they cancelled it because as said I thought it was nice. Very good episodes with nice stories and fun jokes. My favorite episode must be the one were Chris opens his club. Nice jokes and the end was fabulous, please, bring this show back or atleast release the first season on DVD.
  • Freddie is a high classed restaurant owner who lives w/ his grandma, sister, niece, and sister-in-law. His best friend Chris - who's dumb and wealthy- live next door and is Freddie's partner in business but then opens his own restaurant.

Absolutely loved it! There is so much comedy and something you want to last forever! 2 thumbs up!! Why it got cancelled; I don't know. Freddie Prinze Jr. was the perfect guy, he has the attitude of a high classed restaurant owner who has a sense of humor!!! His wealthy, unachieved friend Chris brings laughs to the couch with all his ideas for the restaurant and his ways of getting a girl. His Spanish speaking grandma is a handful with her rude remarks to Freddie's sister-in-law Allison. Sofia is always being asked out by Chris who gets let down in a way the makes us all want to giggle! Sofia's daughter Zoey tries to make it through school with the help of Freddie! The only way to describe Allison is a blonde who drinks too much! This show is of the top and should come back again!
  • never thought it would last.

5.1
    has this show been cancelled yet? i watched one or two episodes and decided it was not worth my time. i like freddie prinze jr. i think he is a funny guy and a good actor. not to mention his super hot wife sarah michelle gellar. but this show just was not that good in my opinion.
  • A great show.

This show is lucky its on before lost otherwise I would have never seen it.I\\\'m glad I did because its actually really good.I don\\\'t have any love for Freddie Prinze Jr. but this show is good.It has some really smart things and a lot of dumb things but the mix is great.
  • It's not what I expected.

I dindn't reall think I would like Freddie, but I tried it out any way, and it turns out that I really like it! I find myself writing down some of the really funny lines from the episodes. Right now I can't remeber any of them to use as an example, but thats why I wrote them down, because I knew I would forget them, and I wanted to be able to go back and remember them later. I epecially liked the "Star Swap" ones when Freddie and George Lopez guest star on each others shows. I never realized how much the two of them thilnk alike.
  • Been a Freddie fan for awhile

I have followed whatever Freddie prinze has done for the last ten years anyway this show is cool not only because of freddie but I am also latina and love the concept and also own a restaurant like in the show!! Plus George Lopez is involved need I say more?
  • Very funny what shows I got to see. I lost track of when its on and the channel.

Very funny the 3 or 4 shows I saw. I didn't get a chance to watch the last few shows. But plan to soon. Just found this site so I can keep up with my shows.
  • Freddie Prinze, Jr. has never been one of my favorite actors. But...

His string of chick flicks (1999's She's All That; 2000's Down to You and Boys and Girls; 2001's Head Over Heels and Summer Catch) were some of the worst movies of the last ten years. Over the last couple of years though, he has been surprisingly entertaining in TV guest star roles. In 2002, he played a nanny for Rachel's baby on NBC's Friends. Last season, he played a recurring role as Donny Crane, Denny's son, on ABC's Boston Legal. I think that it's the Boston Legal's stint that landed his role on ABC's Freddie and the show is actually not as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Cute show, but not the best.

I gave this show 8/10 just because Freddie Prinze Jr., and Brian Austin Green are such hotties and the plotline is cute. Nothing outrageously original here, but I still enjoy watching the show. How about making Freddie's role as chef more believable by actually showing him *cooking* while in that restaurant's kitchen?? And, I don't understand why the grandmother needs to be speaking Spanish when she clearly understands what she hears in English. *scratches head*
  • Freddie is a great show and there hasnt been one like it in a while. The story lines are great and have a good mix of comedy and drama. The actors are perfect for this show and their roles.

Great! This show is one of the best that has come on tv in many years. The actors are perfect for their roles and their chacters are great and the story lines are perfect. I hope that the show comes back for many more seasons and has many more great episodes ahead.
  • Freddie is inspired by Freddie Prinze Jr.'s real life, growing up in a house filled with women. His life-long friend, Conrad Jackson, co-created this series, along with executive producers Bruce Helford.The friendship between Freddie and Chris in the show

Freddie Prinze, Jr. makes his television series starring debut in this offbeat family comedy from the team behind The Drew Carey Show and George Lopez. Freddie Moreno (Prinze) had finally escaped from the raucous house of women with whom he grew up. Having achieved some success as head chef at a trendy Chicago restaurant, he's ready for love and everything else that single life has to offer, including hanging out with his best friend and neighbor, Chris (Brian Austin Green, Beverly Hills 90210). Unfortunately, there's one slight hitch: After the death of his older brother and the collapse of his sister's (Jacqueline Obradors, NYPD Blue) marriage, goodhearted Freddie took in his impulsive sister-in-law (Mädchen Amick, Twin Peaks), his pragmatic sister with her 13-year-old daughter (Chloe Suazo, The Comeback) and their irascible grandma (Jenny Gago, Coach Carter), who refuses to speak English and only responds in Spanish -- even though she understands every word. But while the members of this unconventional brood may test Freddie's patience endlessly, they also support and take care of one another, just as they always have. Now all Freddie has to do is figure out how to maintain his thriving bachelor lifestyle in a house overflowing with estrogen.
  • The next "friends."

I love this show, I am very pleased that it is on the air. It has a lot of similarities to "Friends" and I hope that it is very successful, because I really enjoy it. It has a great cast and great storylines. It really captures the issues that 20 somethings are dealing with today. Very refreshing.
  • I'm not much of a TV fan but Freddie is a show that gets better and alot more funnier every new episode. Freddie Prince Jr's charisma and Brian's acting experience form together an excellent show. Its fun, hilarious and building a reputation its first sea

Freddie Prince Jr. Stars in this comedy about a young chef who owns his own restaurant and has his best friend as a partner in his business, lives with his widowed sister-in-law, his grandmother, his niece and his sister. The concept works very well especially when Freddie Prince Jr. lived a similar life in the real world, living with women.
  • Never thought I would like this show...

I was not to keen on a show that stars Freddie Prinze, Jr. but the cast they put around him makes this show work. I can't believe I am going to say this but BAG ( Brian Austin Green ) makes this show work.

I have always been a fan of Jacqueline Obradors - Freddies Sister on the show. Loved her on NYPD Blue...plus she is sooo hott...

Give this show a chance. The 30 Mins. you give this show I promise you won't want it back.

• This is a pretty good show. Young people actually doing something with their lives. I like the ethnic diversity of the cast while the story lines do not revolve around their ethnic diversity. This show is much better than the overhyped Joey.

Hopefully, the network will stick with this long enough for the show to get settled in and get some chemistry going with some good regular writers.

I would watch this show in a heartbeat over that stupid Joey show!

The female characters are interesting and attractive, Brian Austin Greene is deadpan funny (I have a friend just like him), the little girl is cute and a vital part of the storyline, Prince is good, he is likeable, and the grandma is a good anchor for all of them.
  • It is the best comedy show on right now! Boricua de corazon!

It is the best comedy show on right now! Boricua de corazon! Freddie finally is getting what he deserves. Also I like how he doesnt hide that he is Puerto Rican as is proud of it. I would love to get his coffee mug with the flag on it. P.R.
  • Freddie does a good job of showing his hispanic side as well as the freddie prinze jr. we all know and love! the grandmother is awesome! and it's realistically portrayed coming from another culture.

I love this show!! It's shown me a side of Freddie Prinze Jr. that I never knew about. I didn't even know he was Latino. Anywayz, I think the Spanish speaking grandmother is awesome cuz that's how my household is (being Pakistani). anywayz, somebody mentioned on here that it's not good that freddie has a spanish speaking grandmother and they should get rid of her....WRONG! it's realistic and this show is inspired by freddie's life growing up. I think it's perfect the way it is. and I love Freddie more now for being in touch with his culture.
  • this show is really funny

I laugh everytime there are some of those gut busting jokes were you just like that was great. The characters are good even that dork from that gay teen show in the 90's. I was suprised the chick from NYPD Blue would do so good in a comedy, she is as good if not even better than on NYPD Blue which was a favorite show of mine for years. This show is definitely worth watching, cause it's pretty funny the Grandmother who barely speaks English is also great.
  • First impression: wrong

This is like my brother's wife. When I first met her, she wasn't a big deal. After a couple weeks of her hanging around my apartment I really started to like her and could understand why my brother liked her so much.
    My wife made me watch the first couple episodes of Freddie and I will admit it had some charm. As with some of my other shows this one has a season ticket on tivo for now.
  • I didnt know....

I had no idea this show would be so funny! All the show reviews I read about Freddie panned it as a failure, not to bring a laugh to even a clown. But one night, with all my shows repeats, I skimmed around and plopped onto ABC and Freddie was on. I thought it'd be a boring 30 mins but by the end I was begging for more. Brian Austin Green does a great job with his comedic timing and Prinze is a chip off the ole block. And dont get me started with the Spanish only speaking grandma, that is original and hilarious to read her subtitles! Great show and an even greater surprise!
  • Getting better all the time...

I thought I'd hate this, but Brian A Green is great and Freddie himself is kinda...charming, and this alone has kept me watching. So imagine my surprise when I find that it's actually growing on me. The Halloween ep actually made me laugh out loud several times, and not many sitcoms can do that. Give it a shot.
  • Freddie has what it takes and could really become a hit show for ABC. It has started off slow but is gaing steam from week to week. I hope ABC sticks with the show and gives it time to develope.

I have now watched about 3 episodes of Freddie. At first I thought that it was a show that could have some leggs to it, but I wasn't sure about the blending of the other cast members. After watching tonights show 10-26-05, It finally looks like the writing is coming together and each cast member is starting to have an Identity. Freddie is fun , likable and can has a great future. It does need to have us get an idea of what kinda work they all do, as it seems they are well off and no one has a job.It has a latin flavor , but needs to relate more to latino americans if that's what the shows producers are trying to do.
    As for the cast, Brain is likable, funny and his timing is good with the punch lines. The grandmother, sister and the other family members are starting to take their postiotion. It would be good to have a male uncle for Freddie to bounce off of. As for Freddie he has star power and needs to be himself , which means a person we want to spend 30 mins with each week.
    Thanks