Freddie

Rich Man, Poor Girl

Aired Wednesday 8:30 PM Oct 12, 2005 on ABC

7.7
  • I kinda like Gina though I hope that I would see more of Freddie.

I kinda like Gina though I hope that I would see more of Freddie. I really love the Grandma of Freddie she gives spice to all and even though if we may not understand what she's really saying (without the subtitles) we can still get her emotions gotta love this show so much and this episode too.
  • I watched it and felt like watching the next episode.

I liked this episode, which I thought was the Pilot. But that's okay, it happens, right? Never seen Prinze Jr like this and I didn't know that he was hispano-hablante!! that is great! It's like suitable for both communities in the US... Why hadn't we thought about it before? Let's see now what happens in the next episode, and I hope it won't be cancelled.
  • Boy meets girl, boys introduces girl to family, girl likes family more than boy.

It's a nice base for a family comedy- guy achieves the American Dream of a sucessfull business he owns. But what's next? We see a 28 year old man try to integrate his humble roots with his expanded world and his search for a soul mate.

That sounds pretty pretentious, but with the warm, slightly goofy family Freddie has, pretentiousness is not allowed! Brian Austin Green is a hoot as Chris, the rich boy childhood friend of Freddie's who lives across the hall, much like a mix of Kramer and Howard Borden only rich to boot!

The introduction of his sister, niece, and grandmother as Judge, Jury, and "The Executioner!" was funny, and you ust knew, correct.

Adam, the tempermental chef played by the fun Charles Fleischer, is introduced as well. He's our main insight as to the kitchen staff right now, but that's okay by me. Adam brings a bit of snark at the right moments.

As for this episode. While I appreciate that not everyone wants to move in the same circles Mr. Prinze's Freddie wants to move in, Gina was painted as very provencial, especially in regards to food. I'm a mac'n cheese gal myself, but I wouldn't have behaved nearly as ungraceful as she did. I'm not talking about her blood oranges line or the no mushrooms stance, but her seeming unwillingness to simply be with Freddie ar to try a new experience.

Gina was painted to be a wonderful gal who effortlessly won over Freddie and his family, but the twist was supposed to be her not wanting more than she had. Neither Freddie or Gina were "bad" for their way of thinking, but the "you , but with big cans" seemed a bit clunky. (Hey, I chuckled, but still.)

Chris and Krystal was a fun subplot, especially the ending. I wonder whatever became of that poor dog, though, as I don't remember him in other episodes.

Still, this is appointment tv for me, and I highly recommend this show!
  • Judge only AFTER you see it.

I thought this episode was really good. It\'s like all new shows, it starts of a little rusty. The actors need time to mesh together but all in all it was a entertaining episode.

I wish the grandmother was a bit more mean, kinda like Sophia Petrillo from Golden Girls.
  • A few funny moments, but it's gotta improve a lot if it wants to avoid being cancelled.

I dig Freddie Prinze Jr. and was hoping the best for him in his new show, but it just really didn't do it for me. There were some funny moments, when his grandma didn't realize his new girlfriend was Hispanic, but... it actually got to the point where I was annoyed. Dude, that girl was totally rude! If a guy is a cook, and he owns a restaurant, EAT the stuff he has made for you! I couldn't believe the girl wouldn't even try it. I'm a picky eater, but come on, that's basic. Also, Brian Green's character is awful. How is he so rich when he's so dumb? I don't get it. They've got a lot of character development they need to do.
  • Freddie the new comedy that made it debut last night is funny and refreshing. With so many new shows this fall falling into the drama genre it was great to see a comedy that is actually worth watching.

Several times my husband and I were laughing out loud while watching Freddie last night. It was funny! Every season when new shows come out, TV viewers like myself have to endure watching shows that are not funny and are obviously going to fail. I loved everything about this episode and already am finding myself excited to see the next. Freddie Prinze Jr. and Brian Austin Green have great chemistry on screen, and it is fun to see how much Green has matured since his days on Beverly Hills 90210. It is refreshing to see a new comedy that doesn't fall flat with the punchlines and story. I gave this episode a 10 out of 10 because when the show was over my cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling, something that a TV show has not done for a long time. Keep up the good work and hopefully the show will be around and continue to make us laugh for years to come.