Fred's head Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on TELETOONBetween Seasons

Tentative Good News regarding the Fate of Fred's Head

HankL

[1]May 8, 2009
    • level: 18

Fred's Head was up for the Shaw Rocket prize for innovation in animation. Although it did not win the prize, the show got A LOT of interest from International Broadcasters in Europe and in the United States. Additionally, Benoit Godbout (Fred's Head Creator) commented on Fred's Facebook Page the following:

"Bad news, it did'nt win. But it did attract some attention from international broadcasters... :-) Don't worry, were still planning Fred's return... You can read some of their comments, and those of the jury of kids here: http://www.rocketprize.ca/en/2009_finalists_fredshead.asp"

Usually a studio does not plan for the return of a show unless they have a good deal of certainty it is coming back. It may be early 2010 as I said earlier, but still, Fred's Head seems to be coming back after all. And if CN picks the show up to show it in the late evening block with 6teen and TDA prior to Adult Swim, then that would give the mass American Audience a full taste of this great show that I have loved these past couple of years.

Thanks!

HankL--Fred's Head Show Editor

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aandrewt_7

[2]May 8, 2009
    • level: 7
    You gotta be kidding me. THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! I can't beleive that the solid, though not HUGE, fan base helped to revive the show. That's awesome. I dont care that it'll be until Jan- Feb 2010 for it to return, All that matters is that the little show that could Is alive and well once again. Kudos to all that helped support the show and it's crew in their time of need. A new season is gonna be amazing and i am officially stoked for it's arrival. Just as long as all of the cast are returning as well. I hate when a show gets a new season but they change voice actors, It doesnt feel right. By the way what show won the rocket contest?

HankL

[3]May 8, 2009
    I do not know which one did win, and the owner of the petition delivered it to Teletoon today anyway, just to be sure. We can breathe easier once we have the official word from TeleToon and Spectravision, but I would say that the news from the show's creator is the most hopeful news we've heard at this point, so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

aandrewt_7

[4]May 8, 2009
    That petition's packing more than 200 signatures and many well though out comments. I'd say Freds Head has a great chance at returning, and i just can't wait to see the show again. The question is, will Teletoon just overlook the petition or will they actually read it?

CrystalCoconut

[5]May 9, 2009
    • level: 11
    Has anyone sent messeges to Teletoon about the pettition?!?

Teletoon would probably say "We need to have the copyright" or something like that.

But the creators of fred's head are trying to get it back so i think teletoon could easily get it back on the air.

I hope they do put it back even if it is at 4:00 A.M.

CrystalCoconut

[6]May 9, 2009
    http://www.rocketprize.ca/en/2009_finalists.asp

The clip of fred's head they had..
    I was wondering what was Fred's parents thinking?

aandrewt_7

[7]May 9, 2009
    The first clip was when fred's parents thought he had gotten into doing drugs, and the second, which wasnt explained clearly was when pretty much everyone thought he was gay due to an intentional "error" orchestrated by the producers of the reality show Fred was featured in.

CrystalCoconut

[8]May 10, 2009
    aandrewt_7 wrote:
    The first clip was when fred's parents thought he had gotten into doing drugs, and the second, which wasnt explained clearly was when pretty much everyone thought he was gay due to an intentional "error" orchestrated by the producers of the reality show Fred was featured in.

Fred is gay

HankL

[9]May 10, 2009
    No, Fred is not gay His best friend Fabienne is gay The producer of the so-called reality TV show did creative editing in order to make it look like Fred was gay Read the summary of the episode "Fred-TV"

CrystalCoconut

[10]May 10, 2009
    HankL wrote:
    No, Fred is not gay His best friend Fabienne is gay The producer of the so-called reality TV show did creative editing in order to make it look like Fred was gay Read the summary of the episode "Fred-TV"

Whoa that in a kids show?

CrystalCoconut

[11]May 10, 2009
    I thought Fabbiene was a chik and liked Fred?
    I gotta watch this show more. but i cant...

HankL

[12]May 11, 2009
    Fabienne, Fred and GG are all best friends and they attend St. Jude's High in Montreal. The show is not a young children's show. If it were on Cartoon Network, it would be shown from 9 PM to 10 PM Central time along with 6Teen and Total Drama Island. It's not as raunchy as adult swim, but not for the younger kiddies either.

aandrewt_7

[13]May 11, 2009
    This show is actually really mature and young children probably wouldnt have fun watching it anyway because they wouldnt be able to relate to the dating and high school and love triangles and general Fred-esque components that make up the show. And to clear things up with the user who was confused (sorry i cant remember names as i write this) Fred is not in love with fabienne. They are just good life long friends. Fred is actually in love with Anette, another main character in the show. Fred was only made to look gay in the episode "Fred T.V." but all was cleared up at the end of the episode. Fred was also involved with two other girls in the series, One being a seemingly nice girl who turns out to be violently obsessive named Fanny, and another who is a good friend of Freds friend Benji's girlfriend penelope, named Tamara. It's a lot to absorb i know, but youll get it eventually
    Edited on 05/11/2009 4:50pm

CrystalCoconut

[14]May 11, 2009
    aandrewt_7 wrote:
    This show is actually really mature and young children probably wouldnt have fun watching it anyway because they wouldnt be able to relate to the dating and high school and love triangles and general Fred-esque components that make up the show. And to clear things up with the user who was confused (sorry i cant remember names as i write this) Fred is not in love with fabienne. They are just good life long friends. Fred is actually in love with Anette, another main character in the show. Fred was only made to look gay in the episode "Fred T.V." but all was cleared up at the end of the episode. Fred was also involved with two other girls in the series, One being a seemingly nice girl who turns out to be violently obsessive named Fanny, and another who is a good friend of Freds friend Benji's girlfriend penelope, named Tamara. It's a lot to absorb i know, but youll get it eventually
    Really? I havent really seen any full episodes but it looked so much like fabienne would date Fred. But she is a lebo right? And did Fred get his love Anetee (Sorry for getting the spelling wrong, these are just such strange names)

aandrewt_7

[15]May 12, 2009
    To answer your question, yes, Fred and Anette finally end the season together because it turned out Anette liked Fred as well but was convinced he wasnt interested in her because Fred was convinced ANETTE wasnt interested in HIM, but to leave out a bunch of details from the season finale, I'll make a long story short and say it has a heartwarming ending. also, the names in this show are "strange" because the show is set in Quebec city, Qubec, and therefore many of the characters have french sounding names, for instance, Fabienne, Anette, Gregory, etc. To have amercan or western names would be unrealistic, but a few of the characters have such names, For instance, Fred, Penelope, Benji, Jodi, Carol, Paul, etc. Hope this cleared things up.

CrystalCoconut

[16]May 12, 2009
    aandrewt_7 wrote:
    To answer your question, yes, Fred and Anette finally end the season together because it turned out Anette liked Fred as well but was convinced he wasnt interested in her because Fred was convinced ANETTE wasnt interested in HIM, but to leave out a bunch of details from the season finale, I'll make a long story short and say it has a heartwarming ending. also, the names in this show are "strange" because the show is set in Quebec city, Qubec, and therefore many of the characters have french sounding names, for instance, Fabienne, Anette, Gregory, etc. To have amercan or western names would be unrealistic, but a few of the characters have such names, For instance, Fred, Penelope, Benji, Jodi, Carol, Paul, etc. Hope this cleared things up.

Oh this show was originally made for the French Teletoon?

aandrewt_7

[17]May 12, 2009
    Not true. Though it did air on Teletoon francais, it was launched at the same time for english teletoon. the reason some characters have french names and others english names, is because mainly of the setting, being Quebec city, where both english based and french based families live.

HankL

[18]May 15, 2009

Actually the show isn't set in Quebec City. It's set in Montreal--the largest city in Quebec. This is straight from one of the show's creators--Benoit Godbout.

CrystalCoconut

[19]May 15, 2009
    HankL wrote:

Actually the show isn't set in Quebec City. It's set in Montreal--the largest city in Quebec. This is straight from one of the show's creators--Benoit Godbout.

6teen for example
    It is originally English Canadian
    And Teletoon dubbs it into French and it airs in Englisha dn French of the same day.
    So the premire has nothing to do with it.
    It is a Teletoon Original
    so since it has french it names it must be a french canadian show that was just dubbed into English?

aandrewt_7

[20]May 15, 2009
    I think thats the case, however many of the names that differ in the english version from the french version are still french sounding names, I think this may be because of the shows setting, being Montreal so it would make sence to have french names, even in the english version.