Friday Night Dinner

The Sofabed

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 25, 2011 on Channel 4

6.9
  • Really, really bad...

First of all let me say that I absolutely love the Inbetweeners. The main character Will (played by Simon Bird) is not so funny but the interaction between him and his class mates is what makes the show so hilarious.
    Anyway this is not a review of The Inbetweeners and I tried so hard to go into this show with an open mind. Do not compare it and I may enjoy it. Well from minute 1 I was reminded of the character Will because Simon Bird has basically just transferred him into Friday Night Dinner. He has gone from being mildly funny in the Inbetweeners to not funny in the slightest in this terrible terrible program. Granted it is not just his fault. The writing is the main reason that this program will fail so miserably. It is so badly written you can almost sense the actors waiting to jump in with their 'punchlines' I usually love British comedy. Generally we are the best at comedy (just as the Americans are the kings of drama) But to class this rubbish as comedy is a complete insult to any half decent sitcom that has ever been written. A complete embarrassment!