Friday Night Lights

Always

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 09, 2011 on The 101

• Excellent ending to an awesome show

This has to be the greatest sports show/drama ever and in the top 5 tv dramatic series ever.
  • About this episode

It had a nice happily script.
  • Can anyone possibly give a reason that a show of this quality can be so badly overlooked?

The final episode was one that all can be proud of: the actors, writers, director and producer. They captured something quite special in todays market. Thanks very much to DirecTv for saving FNL and allowing the final two seasons to take place.

It is so disgusting that we are force fed the trash such as The Office, 30 Rock, 2 and one half men only to name a few. Think of the advertising Friday Night Lights received in comparison to these. Virtually zero... Where were the Emmy nominations? Are the three nominations this year only a token?? It is sad to see a series that captures everyone who has given it a chance be treated so poorly by network television.

This show is a family event. All 7 of our family are here every Friday night. It was great that the Season 5 DVD set was released prior to NBC AIRING IT. We were able to see it without NBC and it's commercials. We have all seasons (1-5) on DVD and have begun our FNL's fix with two episodes every Friday night.

As someone previously stated: In the small town of Dillon, Texas, everything seems to revolve around the local football team, the Panthers. A stunning loss, a new coach, and a series of turbulent relationships head off this simplistic, but powerful drama. It is so much more than a football show; it is about life. How did NBC miss this??
  • Hasn't been what it used to be, but this is a great show and that was a great ending...

This series of Friday Night Lights hasn't really been at the level of the previous seasons. I can imagine a few people might have liked this more than the, shall we say "original" series (1-3), but that more than likely most people will agree with me. That being said, this was a perfect episode. It was kind of sad that the predictable happened and they won the state title (I was really hoping they were going to mirror the film and have you believe they're going to do it and then fall just short. wouldn't that have been better?) but they at least approached it in a interesting way at the end by having you not see quite how it ends and revealing via some shiny gold rings on characters fingers. The fairly obvious story telling devices you'd expect from a finale were used, with the characters reaching some ultimate goals, making decisions about life and so forth, but it was all handled very well in my opinion. I think the Matt and Julie getting married story line was a little over the top, but again, it was at least emotionally rewarding in it's own way. Luke joining the Army was an unexpected turn but, yet again, was a believable end to his character. The rest of the "minor" character arcs were also handled in a nice enough way. Ultimately, this show is worth watching because of Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton and it was their characters that I personally cared about seeing the end of. Eric's decision to finally be a compromising husband was a nice touch because there really were moments that I was worried he was going to finish this series being an unlikable character that doesn't seem to like his wife. In the end both of the performances from the lead actors are really great to watch and they have made this show what it is. Overall, a great episode to end a great show.