Friday Night Lights

Black Eyes & Broken Hearts

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 14, 2007 on The 101

• This is why I watch the show!! :) Football mixed with social issues, character development, comedy and drama, what more could you ask for.

I love Julie and Tyra's friendship. Hopefully they can both learn from each other, but usually the bad influence wins most of the battles. Julie is starting to have a nasty attitude toward her parents. Landry and Matt are hilarious together. Landry couldn't follow his own advice in the strip club. He was staring so hard. =) :) That was funny. BUT the main theme for this episode was the racial issue. Smash's mother is my hero. What Mac McGill said was wrong but things definitely got way out of control and she was there to calm Smash down and set him straight. Coach Taylor stuck by Coach Mac even thought EVERYONE wanted to see him get fired including Mac's friend Buddy Garrity. Coach Taylor fought for what was truly right and I thought that was great. Smash and the other Blacks that walked-out decide to play. As a result the team is discriminated against by the referee's. That basically united the team and gave Tim a fresh look at what discrimination is all about and Tim came through and stuck up for his teammate, Smash on the field. In the middle of all this drama the Panthers won the football game and will move on in the playoffs. Coach Mac stuck up for Smash Williams at the end with the police and apologized to Smash for making a mistake.