Friday Night Lights

Crossing the Line

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 28, 2006 on The 101

• It did improve in some way.

It did improve in some way. I still am having problems with its to serene style I know it is Texas but couldn't it be more livelier well I don't mean to offend anybody it is just that it needs more improvement but it is getting there actually I am glad that Jason is recovering from what he was suffering.
  • It's great!

Again a really great episode of my favorite show on TV right now! In this one you get some more insight to Tim and Billy Riggins lifes and their relationship as brothers. Of course a lot of other stuff is going on as well, and it's just another gripping episode. I hope FNL gets a second season.
  • I don't know how long this series can keep it up...

This has been the most impressive new show I've seen in a while. And this episode has been the best one so far. Some light and some heavy drama mix well to give the viewer a reason to make this a series not to be missed.

The most impressive aspect of Crossing the Line was the writers' ability to tackle sex, infidelity, drugs, and family drama without relying on cliche, or being too preachy. Character development and tension were at all-time highs this episode, making it seem more like a feature-length movie than a TV show. It makes you wonder how long the writers can keep it up at this level without burning out.

My favorite part of the show was Jason Street's quad rugby debut. Added to it the fact that he's not medically ready to begin heavy contact activities. Then throw in the final clincher that his two friends in the audience are betraying him, and he knows it. Good stuff.

Crash's use of steriods, and the issue of where he's going to come up with the money to fund his new habit, add to the drama. Someone (Matt, his church, his mother) is going to get hurt bad there. As well in as the Riggins' family feud fueled by the return of Tyra. Then the coach's daughter is contemplating a date with the starting quarterback, who's anything but your stereotypical star athlete. Top it all off with stellar acting by Kyle Chandleras he awkwardly attempts offering fatherly advice to his daughter Julie, and you've got an incredible episode.

It's no wonder the critics love this show. Now where are the ratings?
  • Another great episode. This series is truly underappreciated.

This was a great episode. Tami has a daughter(Julie) that is a sophomore and the potential star quarterback (Matt Saracen) has asked her daughter out and in the middle of that she gets to hear sexual horror stories from girls her daughter's age. That is just priceless. :) The talk that Coach Taylor had with Julie was really great as well, those were some really cool moments. It was nice to see Jason get out there and be competitive. There was a brief moment of silence when he fell down in his chair but he was fine. I'm happy that Jason knows the truth about Tim and Lyla and now he can move on with his life and maybe on to Tyra. I can't wait for Tyra to find out about Tim and Lyla. Smash Williams almost gave up getting the steroids. He had a change of heart after Matt saw him messing with a register drawer, but now he's stealing from his church. That really made me sad. They think they are helping him with his SAT's but he's using the money for steriods. I'll be watching next week.
PIVOT