Friday Night Lights Forums

The 101 (ended 2011)

ABC taking over Friday Night Lights from NBC!

sweendog62

[1]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 2

I just saw this news... anyone else heard anything about this?? Apparently ABC is taking over FNL and will be airing the show in Septemberstarting from it's pilot episode. I wonder if this means the next season of FNL might not be it's last... That would be incerdible news. It's such a great show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sami5118

[2]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 15
    I sure hope that it's not FNL's last season. Maybe ABC taking over the show is good news. Hopefully, it does well enough to stick around for a couple more seasons.

silfabc

[3]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 9

Sami5118 wrote:
    I sure hope that it's not FNL's last season. Maybe ABC taking over the show is good news. Hopefully, it does well enough to stick around for a couple more seasons.

Unfortunately I think ABC just bought the rights to broadcast the existing seasons (and the upcoming season 5) nothing more. According to what the cast is saying (cf. Kyle Chandler, Connie Britton, Aimee Teegarden) this really is the end for FNL... :/ Plus Zach Gilford, Minka Kelly, Adrianne Palicki, Taylor Kitsch, Jesse Plemons are already gone and will only make guest appearances in season 5...
    How I wish I gave that show a try sooner !

ABCFamilyTV

[4]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 3

Hey guys! I work with ABC Family and would love to clear up the confusion for you.. .ABC Family WILL be airing Friday Night Lights, from the beginning, starting September 7 (this coming Tuesday) at 6/5c. I don't have any information for you on a new season, but I'm really excited that we'll be airing all of the existing episodes, because you're right, this show is incredible. Are you looking forward to reliving all the drama? Who is your favorite character? For more info on the series and our broadcast of it, check the official website.

justinwestnet

[5]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 17
    I thought the show's first 4 seasons were being shown on ABC family then DirectTV airs season 5 in late October and NBC will air it on cable in 2011?

AlisonFoley

[6]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 1
    on the preview on abc family, it shows julie upset yelling at matt that she loves him and he says he loves her too (one of the last clips). what episode is that?

CaptainHarkness

[7]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 23

Unfortunately ABC pulled FNL from their schedule: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/18/abc-family-sacks-friday-night-lights/

Edited on 10/21/2010 6:05pm