Friday Night Lights Forums

The 101 (ended 2011)

Anything and Everything about Season 3 thread

nicmar19422

[22]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    No Jason is not dead the "second comming of" or "reincarnation of" are common sports expression s that mean that a certian player reminds you of another player in this case Mc Coy is as good a player or plays the game similar to Jason Street
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gurra4

[23]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 4

FNL still has got it's magic! I hoped before this third season aired that the new network would respect and keep the charm that made it a winner for us old fans of the show. That and the humor, depth, genuineness and credibility that came with it. And that they definitely have kept in my opinion!

I've loved the two first episodes of this new season. It's like the show has never been gone or even taken a break, it just picks up where it left off with a few new minor but welcomed changes (like coach's wife being the new principal).

I forgive it for the inconsistencies (as others have pointed out in previous threads) of these seemingly old students still are hashing it out in high school. They largely make the story, so god bless the screenwriters. Good also that they didn't try and fix something that wasn't broke or renew it in any other weird way. My Wednesday evenings are saved for a while (or actually I DL from the net, seeing that I live in Sweden and the show only airs season one here right now...). So I have to wait 'till Thursday to catch them. But then it feels like I've come home too Dillon TX once again.

GOOOO PANTHERS!!!

CaptainHarkness

[24]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 23

I really like how season 3 is shaping up so far. I don't like that JD McCoy idiot though.

Soccerstud652

[25]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

I really like how season 3 is shaping up so far. I don't like that JD McCoy idiot though.

What is wrong with McCoy? He is obviously a better QB, although he may lack proper leadership experience. He is just trying to do his best, and seems like a nice guy. Idiot is not the word you are looking for...

Matt was never the best QB but played with heart. I think Taylor made the correct choice in playing both of them; it is best for the team. McCoy gains experience and Matt saves face.

CaptainHarkness

[26]Oct 24, 2008
    Soccerstud652 wrote:
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

What is wrong with McCoy? He is obviously a better QB, although he may lack proper leadership experience. He is just trying to do his best, and seems like a nice guy. Idiot is not the word you are looking for...

Matt was never the best QB but played with heart. I think Taylor made the correct choice in playing both of them; it is best for the team. McCoy gains experience and Matt saves face.

I just really dislike McCoy because Matt is my favourite character and I kind of feel that they are replacing him. I know that he will have to be replaced after he graduates but it is Matt's last year, I mean let him have a great year and win State.

Swink17

[27]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 14
    OMG. Best show currently on air. 3x04 Hello, Goodbye is pure awesomeness. I'm not afraid of admitting I cried like a little baby during most of the episode. Amazing show. I can't, for the love of God, understand why aren't millions and millions of people watching this fantastic show.

jaffatealc

[28]Oct 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    Normally the problems with the students beeing seniors, juniors or what ever would bother me a lot. But I love this show and the charecters so much that I doesn't really think about what grade they are in. Furthermore I think the writers have ealt with the "problem" perfectly and to be honest I doesn't think about it at all. I just enjoy the show. I think there are some great storylines and som great performances by the cast.

This is most likely the last season so I am going to cherish (sp) it a lot.

zblom

[29]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 9
    I hope they lose every single game now, and I hope Matt says - sorry - tough. You know he gets the starting job back, be interesting to see how.

CaptainHarkness

[30]Nov 3, 2008
    zblom wrote:
    I hope they lose every single game now, and I hope Matt says - sorry - tough. You know he gets the starting job back, be interesting to see how.
    I sure hope Matt gets the starting job back. Maybe McCoy will lose an arm or something. JK.

tomleady

[31]Nov 7, 2008
    Absolutely loving this season.

Gutted for Matt losing QB1. But SPOILER AHEAD....

Looks like he gets it on with Julie. THey are a great couple, so cute. Looking forward to seeing how that goes and looking forward to more Matt Chats

CaptainHarkness

[32]Nov 7, 2008
    Same here.

yoco007

[33]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    Hy! Is it 100% sure that this season is gonna get only 13 episodes?

CaptainHarkness

[34]Nov 20, 2008
    yoco007 wrote:
    Hy! Is it 100% sure that this season is gonna get only 13 episodes?
    I think so.

demog_

[35]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    Wow seriosuly that last scene with Jason.... this is the best show ever.

Eldryn

[36]Nov 22, 2008
    So are there gonna be 5 more episodes or was "New York" the last one (haven't watched it yet), since that's the last one listed on tv.com

CaptainHarkness

[37]Nov 22, 2008
    There will be 5 more episodes but the next one isn't for two weeks.

Eldryn

[38]Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks.. Thank god.
    I still can't believe this (probably) is gonna be the last 5 episodes/season.
    Why the **** does crap like Gossip Girl, CSI and Co get renewed all the time, and gems like this noone watches..

CaptainHarkness

[39]Nov 23, 2008
    Eldryn wrote:
    Thanks.. Thank god. I still can't believe this (probably) is gonna be the last 5 episodes/season. Why the **** does crap like Gossip Girl, CSI and Co get renewed all the time, and gems like this noone watches..
    I ask myself that question all the time.

xomeg15

[40]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    CaptainHarkness wrote:
    Soccerstud652 wrote:
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

I just really dislike McCoy because Matt is my favourite character and I kind of feel that they are replacing him. I know that he will have to be replaced after he graduates but it is Matt's last year, I mean let him have a great year and win State.

I love Matt too, but I don't hate JD. He seems like a nice guy. It's his dad I can't stand. He's worse than Buddy. At least when Buddy tries to intervine he makes me laugh, but JD's dad is just annoying