Friday Night Lights Forums

The 101 (ended 2011)

Official Episode Discuss for "I Knew You When"

hbktimf24

[1]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 7

When i heard about the direct tv thing i was worried, the show would go from greatness to crap....Damn tonights episode was one of the best yet. This show is simply amazing. Great acting, great writing, just everything...AWESOME....I feel bad for those without the greatest HD experiance you can get in Direct TV

EDIT - Editor has changed title to official episode discuss. Thanks

Edited on 10/02/2008 7:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mossoholic

[2]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 22
    The episode was amazing and it may have been the best of the series so far.

Swink17

[3]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    Wonderful episode, just amazing TV. FNL is back.

justinwestnet

[4]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 17
    haha oh great. looks like i'm going to have to vacate this board until it airs on cable this winter. Glad it's looking good so far!

themuckster

[5]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    Is it avaliable to download anywhere?

charlo31

[6]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    I was worried too about the Direct Tv deal, but you know what. I loved this episode! It was fantastic ! The storyline is amazing. Seeing that we didnt go through a whole season of completely out of control drama and to go straight to a storyline that can be continued on without all the over and over B.S. Simply Love it even more!!!

CaptainHarkness

[7]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 23
    This was a great start to the season and I can't wait until next week.

dukerock12

[8]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 3

if your a true fan of FNL how can you believe riggins tyra and lyla are seniors. it just ruins it for me.

im glad they are trying to bring in some new characters, like mccoy. shows that the writers think they can get a 4th season out fo the show and keep following the dillion panthers after the main characters graduate off the show.

also, is jason dead?he wasn't seen all epsiode and when they were talking about mccoy at the end of the game they said " mccoys a reincarnated Jason Street"

encmetalhead

[9]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    evan if a person is alive, they say that about someone who is just like that person

djariya

[10]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 19
    Great 1st episode. I'm happy they went back to what season 1 did in getting ready for game time.

I'm also puzzled with Matt, Riggins and Lyla all being Seniors at the same time. Wasn't Riggins and Lyla Juniors in season 1? I can probably understand Riggins maybe being held back since he never went to class.

Matt was either a Freshman or Sophomore in season 1.

Jason Street (Scott Porter) will only be a guest star this season because he and Gaius Charles were cut to save some money.

Anyone noticed this was an extended episode and ran a little over 50 minutes. With commercials on NBC it would only run 43-45 minutes.

Sorry NBC viewers!!

DreamCruise

[11]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 13

Wow, so glad I'm reading great reviews. I don't have DirecTV but a friend is recording it to disc and I'll probably catch up in a few weeks. One question though, what is the beginning like? Did they use the same song (Explosions in the Sky) and the same cast pictures? Or have they filmed a new one .......?

777_CB

[12]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    Same song ... same sequence ... still love it!! Worth the wait, with the writers producing the best episode yet.

DreamCruise

[13]Oct 5, 2008
    777_CB wrote:
    Same song ... same sequence ... still love it!! Worth the wait, with the writers producing the best episode yet.
    Thanks 777, I can't wait to see it

friendserking

[14]Oct 6, 2008

The episode was good i liked it. I am mad that street was not in it but as i understand it him in smash are each going to get four episode send offs so he will appear in later episodes as far as i know. And as for there ages they reastablished them in the second season at the beggining because that was a argument in the first season that everyone was seniors except for matt, julie, and landry, but they changed it in season two which was smart because they had to do something so i just go ahead and buy it instead of going threw the headaches.

If they give street and smash good send offs the season should be good. The new storys that they started in this episode were good, and there was alot more football in this episode and that was so missed last year so i really liked that. Overall a good episode the writing for this show is so good its not even funny, and i hope the rest of the season holds strong, and the show keeps on trucking.

sQuishums

[15]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    Absolutely loved the episode. Fantastic writing, it felt like Season 1 again. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season. Hope they keep it going, but I can't help but think that it's the beginning of the end; cutting Smash and Street was kind of disappointing. Smash moreso, his character is too good to just blow off in four episodes. In any case, long live FNL!

iwatchitall

[16]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    I agree with the all the positive feedback! This series feels like the FNL of Season 1 again which had that great vibe to it. I love that every episode is longer. Now that it's on Direct TV 101 they can push the envelope a little more to make the show raw and edgier, show us what happens without watering it down. I always wanted Jason to make a recovery...of some sort, for the impossible to become possible....at least for Jason to have victory over his circumstances in some sort. It's weird seeing him as the lead quarterback on the main page picture of this site when he only walked for 1 episode in season 1. Have they ever thought of J.J. Abramsing it, and doing flashback episodes for Jason??? Show what he was like when he could play??? I'd like to see that, see how things have changed. Smash is definitely getting a great send off, and I'm glad we got to see Matt's mom, and maybe something will happen with Matt and Julie this season??? Tami is Principal and dealing with some harsh realities and a lot of pressure from the interest groups who love their football and run the town? It's going to be interesting seeing how this plays out for her and for coach Taylor. Everything about this show is what critics were talking about when it rightfully won its Peabody award. This is a great series and deserving of a third season. I can't wait to see what happens next, and I'm enjoying every minute of it!
    Edited on 10/09/2008 5:04pm

DreamCruise

[17]Oct 13, 2008
    iwatchitall wrote:
    I always wanted Jason to make a recovery...of some sort, for the impossible to become possible....at least for Jason to have victory over his circumstances in some sort. It's weird seeing him as the lead quarterback on the main page picture of this site when he only walked for 1 episode in season 1. Have they ever thought of J.J. Abramsing it, and doing flashback episodes for Jason??? Show what he was like when he could play??? I'd like to see that, see how things have changed.
    I always wished that too......that Jason could somehow recover, but I guess that would not be realistic. I finally saw the first two episodes and loved them, especially the second one....and next weeks looks quite dramatic. I loved the football, loved the music .....I just hope the majority of it will always be Explosions in the Sky, that music has become synonymous with the show, it really adds to the mood. There were so many scenes I loved from the new ep's. I'm so glad the writers remembered how they had written the first season and were able to bring back the magic.

iwatchitall

[18]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    They really know how to tug on the heart strings, and it makes for great television.

hbktimf24

[19]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    Another amazing episode tonight. This show just has something, most tv shows dont. Man i hope it gets picked up for another season.

SC_Shadow

[20]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 6

themuckster wrote:
    Is it avaliable to download anywhere?

The non-directtv fans, like me, have to watch is through torrents. It's the only way I think. Which is sad. I wish they'd put em on hulu or something!