Friday Night Lights Forums

The 101 (ended 2011)

Official Episode Discussion for "Tami Knows Best"

Brunete20

[1]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 63
    Please discuss your thoughts about this episode here. This thread may contain spoilers and duplicate threads will be locked.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[2]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    I was hoping to see some more of Matt's mom but there are other episodes to explore that storyline.

friendserking

[3]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 13
    It was another good episode what caoch taylor did for smash was great that is a great storyline. Matt and Julie are fun and cute to watch again i think. I like how they are opening up riggins to colleges that he might get into for football i like that alot. Not that much football hopefully they increase the amount and make the games a little better as the season goes although i think they will so im not to worried about. So ya overall another good episode i liked it.

krussell47

[4]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    I'm glad to see that Smash is going to get his second chance at football. It was cool how Coach Taylor stuck by him and believed in him even when he wasn't believing in himself. I am also glad to see the old sparks igniting between Matt and Julie. They were such a cute couple and I hope they get back together. They made each other better I think. It was hard to watch Riggins sabotage his relationship with Lyla but glad to see that she showed up in the end, basically telling him that she isn't going to let him off that easy. I think Tami is going to be having a long battle with the boosters and will most likely win, but could this cause trouble for Coach Taylor. Those boosters definitely have the pull to get him booted from the team. Tyra just seemed dumb in this episode with her antics to win class president. If she really wanted us to take her character change seriously, she shouldn't have reverted back to her old ways just to win. Honestly, who didn't see Tyra returning to the trashy side?

djariya

[5]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 19
    The Nielsen ratings for this episode were really bad. 3.96M viewers and 1.4 in the 18-49 demographic.

It's looking unlikely that NBC will be paying for another season.

her68

[6]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 9

djariya wrote:
    The Nielsen ratings for this episode were really bad. 3.96M viewers and 1.4 in the 18-49 demographic. It's looking unlikely that NBC will be paying for another season.

That would be too bad. But shouldn't they take it into account that the show has aired on DirecTV already? That must take away some viewers?

This episode was very emotional and I loved it. Matt is facing yet another mountain to climb, being in need of one of his parents signature and there for having to visit his mom. And Billy with Tyra's sister? I really wonder how that's going to work out!

CaptainHarkness

[7]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 23

djariya wrote:
    The Nielsen ratings for this episode were really bad. 3.96M viewers and 1.4 in the 18-49 demographic. It's looking unlikely that NBC will be paying for another season.
    NBC really needs to put this show on a different night.