Friday Night Lights Forums

The 101 (ended 2011)

The Greater TV Show - One Tree Hill or Friday Night Lights?

Wich is the better show?

Ayenat317

[21]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 6

After season one, OTH went downhill, FNL has better acting and writing, beats OTH everytime

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

daretodream

[22]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 18
    one tree hill is my favorite show. without a doubt. but that doesn't mean that it's better. overall, i like the fnl characters better. and it's better made. but oth is still my favorite show. i don't know what it is about oth, but i love it. but theoretically, fnl is the greater show. they have incredible characters, with lots of variety. awesome storylines, for all ages and even different types of people. like oth sorta does that, but in a lot of ways they have all conformed to a similiar type, the popular, good person. while on fnl there is still a lot of variety. idk. they are both good shows.

heroesfan07

[23]May 1, 2008
    • level: 21
    This is hard but FNL. FNL has better actors and writing.

Stingseven

[24]May 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    It's not even hard... FNL. I can't believe there was really a question!

2945753_basic

[25]May 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    There is no comparison, just because both shows feature high school sports does not put on the same level at all. OTH just became ridiculous after season one. The show is just a light teen soap, and most of the actors are very limited. It's entertaining, but not actually good.

DreamCruise

[26]May 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    2945753_basic wrote:
    OTH just became ridiculous after season one. The show is just a light teen soap, and most of the actors are very limited. It's entertaining, but not actually good.
    That is a great description. The sad part is you could say that about a lot of shows, or maybe even most shows. Thank God for FNL

Mangomannn

[27]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 2

Yes... you can't compare FNL to OTH... But right now, I'm loving FNL waaaaaaaay over OTH... OTH has gone boring since Season 5... I want the old Dan that we hate so much... and Brooke to be um... more naughtier The only thing that I follow in OTH is Nathan and his basketball career... everything else is a bore right now... everything's so smooth in OTH... Then need more CONFLICT!!! As for FNL, omg... where to start... simply put... BEST SHOW RIGHT NOW, better than Heroes, Bones, Smallville (MORE LOIS PLEASE!!!), and etc ... the only shows that would compete with FNL for me is Fringe, Lie to me and The Mentalist...

Clear eyes, full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kenzabenz4OTH

[28]May 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    daretodream wrote:
    one tree hill is my favorite show. without a doubt. but that doesn't mean that it's better. overall, i like the fnl characters better. and it's better made. but oth is still my favorite show. i don't know what it is about oth, but i love it. but theoretically, fnl is the greater show. they have incredible characters, with lots of variety. awesome storylines, for all ages and even different types of people. like oth sorta does that, but in a lot of ways they have all conformed to a similiar type, the popular, good person. while on fnl there is still a lot of variety. idk. they are both good shows.
    Same for me! This one's impossible because they're my two favorite shows. I've been watching OTH longer, but I picked FNL up this season and went back and watched them all because it was so amazing. FNL is definitely better made but OTH is such a part of my life for the last 5 years so I really don't know. People are saying they're totally different but that's not really true, what originally drew me to them both is the amazing Music Supervisors on the shows, about 9/10 of my iPod was found through one of these shows indirectly.

RTTV989

[29]May 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    I am a fan of both shows, but I have to go with FNL, because of the Superior acting and FNL had more to do with football than OTH did with basketball, which is the reason that drew me to both shows, which is being a big sports fan.

KelliMK

[30]May 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    I am a fan of both shows, but I will admit after Season 4 OTH went downhill, I really wish they were ending it with Season 6.
    Edited on 05/11/2009 11:15am

sellie12

[31]May 11, 2009
    • level: 18
    I'm also a fan of both shows, but I'd have to say FNL is better. It has stronger acting/writing and hasn't suffered a serious blow to their storylines like OTH has.

goldtop2007

[32]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 14

I haven't watched One Tree Hill, but that's more of a soap isn't it? FNL is a genuine drama series, quality through and through! hope more people give it a try so they'll see the difference.

Can't wait for the new season!

dipper79

[33]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    anybody can tell me when season 4 starts?

SC_Shadow

[34]Sep 27, 2009
    dipper79 wrote:
    anybody can tell me when season 4 starts?

Next Summer I believe.

glassrose385

[35]Nov 23, 2009
    I'm a fan of OTH but I like FNL a lot more. OTH was ok up until season 4. I also wish it would have ended last season. FNL has better writing and acting.

Bellamber

[36]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 5

One Tree Hill has been with me for a long time now while I actually just recently started watching FNL. I'm now up to date with the episode which means I watched season 1-3 in the last weeks and am now waiting for the 5th episode of season 4.

OTH has made me cry a lot more than FNL has - aka OTH is very very dramatic - or at least I think so. I really like that in a show but since Lucas and Peyton are gone from OTH it isn't the same and although its still good and I still like it the acting was never as good as the acting of FNL.

I agree that there really isn't a comparison because OTH isn't realistic at all while with FNL I could just imagine driving into a Texan small town and finding similar situations and characters there...

I also think that the style of the two shows is way different. FNL shoots pictures of the town and of the people. There are a lot of scenes where the gestures and the acting of the actors say more than any word they could utter. The scenes are all beautifully shot. They're like beautifully arranged realistic pictures. I love how the actors can express so much with their face and body.... it's just GREAT acting...

OTH never had this kind of acting... in the beginning I actually thought that the acting was rather bad... now it's good but that's what's to expect after such a long time.

The character development of FNL is also far better than that of OTH in my opinion... the OTH characters - aside from Nathan - do not develop nearly as much as the FNL characters like Riggins, Matt, Tyra, Landry, Street or in some ways even Lyla...

and finally - while there is some eye candy in OTH none of the OTH characters was ever nearly as hot as Tim Riggins =).

So: I still like OTH but I like everything about FNL far more than anything OTH has to offer or ever had to offer...

Edited on 11/25/2009 11:22am

sh3109

[37]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 3
    For me, FNL has always been the better show because of its better acting, better writing, and more realistic storylines. OTH does not come close, but it is still entertaining. Though I have quit watching OTH since this season started. Now they're just dragging it on and a lot of the stories and lines are usually corny.

PikerPeat

[38]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    One Tree What? Never heard of it.

martymcflyjb

[39]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a ridiculous poll. One Tree Hill was decent in its first season, but even then didn't hold a candle to Friday Night Lights. NOW, it's a complete and utter joke to think that OTH is anywhere in FNL's league. I can't believe One Tree Hill is even still on. There's like what, one original cast member left?

fnlheroes

[40]Jun 8, 2010

Well I haven't seen OTH, but one time I was watching The Soup, and they ahowed a clip of a dog running off with a man's heart. Seems pretty stupid to me, so I'm gonna go with FNL