Friday Night Lights Forums

The 101 (ended 2011)

The Greater TV Show - One Tree Hill or Friday Night Lights?

Wich is the better show?

glassrose385

[41]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 6

I also can't believe OTH is still on the air. It should have ended either in season 4 or even last season would have been great ending to the show. OTH has been made fun a bunch of times on The Soup. The running off the with heart was one of the dumbest moments ever on TV.

FNL has Emmy worthy acting and writing and OTH most of the time has had average at best acting. The worst episodes of FNL would be more watchable than a lot of stuff on OTH. On FNL some of the younger actors/actresses improved over time. On OTH James Lafferty has never really improved as an actor. I recently lost a lot of respect for Paul Johansson after he made the comments in the below link about why OTH should be saved. There was a huge debate with CW over whether OTH or Life Unexpected should be saved. Both got saved but will have 13 episode trial runs before there is decision over which one should get a 22 episode season . One thing I noticed a couple of months back that Paul, Daphne Zuniga and the girl who plays Quinn were the only ones pleading for the show. Sophia Bush filmed a pilot for ABC which didn't get picked up. I think it is pretty obivious that most of the OTH cast was ready to move onto other projects.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/02/26/paul-johansson-pleads-to-fans-%E2%80%98please-save-one-tree-hill%E2%80%99/

Edited on 06/15/2010 11:11am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crawford47

[42]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 4

Friday Night Lights 100%.It is an amzing show that more people should watch.

buildam2005

[43]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 14

Considering One Tree Hill sounds and looks like it could be written by a 13 year old teenie bopper and has about as much depth as a kiddie pool, I'm going to go with the exponentially more compelling Friday Night Lights.

AgulaDX2

[44]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 8
    It should be 100% to the undisputed winner: Friday Night Lights

The poll asks which show is better: clearly FNL is the better show on almost every level (OTH may have the edge to the "vocal theme song", but FNL's musical score opening theme destroys every opening theme known to the history of television, IMO.)

I love both shows. But objectively, FNL is the superior show: as many have stated when comparing the two show's layers and levels; FNL wins every important category: acting, performances, writing, screen editing, sound/score & more.

I can totally understand how people can choose OTH has being the show that he or she "likes more" or is more their "favorite" show, but the better series is FNL....doesn't matter if you like it less than OTH; FNL is the better show period.

FNL is the best show on broadcast TV.

sibowittz

[45]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 17
    I really like FNL, but I have to go with OTH, but only by an inch. I've actually compared a lot and I keep coming up with OTH.

diversitygirl

[46]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 3

OH FNL ANYDAY!!!! One Tree Hill is SO boring and dumb! FNL has life through and through and I LOVE IT! It's one of my favorite shows!

Sami5118

[47]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 15
    FNL is WAY better than OTH. Its not boring and lame like OTH and FNL has better writers and actors.

JoshSutton

[48]Aug 3, 2010
    I don't understand why tv shows like OTH get to stay on the air for more seasons than they actually need and shows like FNL struggle to get full seasons! It's beyond me.

kopeckee

[49]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 20
    Friday Night Lights .. i dont think its even close...

Pacar27

[50]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 7

As a fan of both shows, I can't decide. Because as many people have said already both shows are completely and utterly different, having different plots and story lines, Friday Night Lights and One Tree Hill are two incredible shows. People will laugh at this post but I love both shows for different reasons.

First, I started watching Friday Night Lights before I started watching OTH, and the reason I fell in love with it (even though I am nowhere near being a real football fan) is the passion and determination of each and every player that came onto that field and being a pretty determined tennis player I fell in love with a show that portrayed the same pain and struggle it is to pour your heart out into something that can exhaust you both physically and mentally. The dedication of Coach Taylor and all the football players is amazing, and though many have criticized the filming and camera work of this show, I think it is that which makes it unique.

As for One Tree Hill, I have been watching this show for some time, and though many have said it does not have the same flare it used to have before all the characters got older, but I still simply love it. Because its dramatic and has sometimes story lines that make no sense and many it call it a soap drama, but I think thats to its advantage for it can always make you laugh, make you cry, or make you want it more. Some of you may call me a brainless, only-watches-stupid-TV for liking this show, but in my opinion for as long as I have been watching it, I have really seen the characters flourish into people who have distinct personalities that make the show great, and I am sad to hear that it might not get renewed soon, but all good things must come to an end as they say.

So to answer this thread, there is no possible way to even compare either shows as they are so different in so many levels. Some who like sports dramas and the cutting edge feel of almost imagining yourself going through the same pain as each and every player on Coach Taylor's team I am on your side for I can feel it too. But for those who have been fans of One Tree Hill from the beginning, who have grown up watching Haley and Nathan through their life together, watched Brooke struggle to find love, and Lucas and Peyton find each other, then I stand by you too. Both shows are amazing, and I certainly was confused by the question in this post as I believe it is merely impossible to compare the two.

bendylegsnick

[51]May 30, 2011

Is this a joke? Friday Night Lights is so much better, plus I wouldn't say that One Tree Hill is great, it's OK.

alirk

[52]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 22

I don't think you can fairly compare these 2 shows. Don't get me wrong, I have been an OTH fan since it first came on, but the shows are so different! The only real similarities is they are based in high school & a sport plays a large part....But that's really about it!

gatoraderising

[53]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 7
    Friday Night Lights is/was one of the greatest show's out there.