Friday Night Lights Forums

The 101 (ended 2011)

Time to end?

luv2live

[1]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 14

I guess I should prement this by saying I just recently became a fan of FNL. I've watched every episode that has aired and some of them more then once. I've become a huge fan of the show and sad to see it ending. With that said, part of me is glad that its leaving. In my opinion, season 4 was not nearly as good as the previous 3. I understand that they were trying to keep the show fresh by bringing in new characters but I just didn't feel connected to them as the old characters. For 3 seasons we lived and breathed with Six, Saracen, Julie, Tim, Lyla, Smash, Landry, Tyra, Coach and Mrs T. We understood what made them tick, their dreams and heartaches. I understand its hard to just have that happen with a new bunch but I just don't feel that heart that I found in season 1-3. Maybe its just me. But even characters that remained from the previous seasons into season 4 just didn't feel right.

Take Tim for example. I loved the fact that he was helping Coach with the Lions but was not a fan AT ALL with the Becky Tim storyline. It probably has more to do with the fact that I'm not a Becky fan. I get that what they were trying to do, have a younger version of himself, so he can help that person out, but she just annoyed me. I felt like she was constantly throwing herself at him when he was making it clear that wasn't into that. It didn't feel like the old Tim that I had fallen in love with for 3 seasons. I only felt the old Tim when Lyla came to visit.

The originals are all leaving the show, and for me personally, those are the ones I fell in love with. This new bunch is nice but they don't enthrall me like the original cast did. I don't find the heart, the friendships. I want more "Texas Forever" moments. I want to feel that, I want to want that. I just don't get that, not anymore.

I would be sad to see this show go, but I'd rather it leaves on a high note rather then become worse and worse.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

justinwestnet

[2]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 17
    I mostly agree. I actually like the newer cast (minus Becky) but you're right, it's not the same. Watching season 1 these last few weeks on ABC family made me realize how terrific season 1 was and it can never be topped. Coach and Mrs. Coach still carry the show though and watching the promo, it will be odd not having ANY of the original kids in the show. Julie should be gone too, but I guess she has to stick around. I'm glad it has an end date so they can write a fitting finale and give some of our favorite members a proper sendoff.

JoshSutton

[3]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 15
    From what i've heard (i think on thso board actually) smash, lyla, street, saracen, landry, tyra etx are all coming back to this final season, so i'm thinking it will feel right this year.

luv2live

[4]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 14
    I actually read no Smash (thought I could be wrong) but the actor left acting to go back to school and become a minister. Like I said, could be wrong but thats what I heard.

It is nice they have an end date, I want the show to go out with a bang, and I love the thought of old cast members, the originals coming back.