Friday Night Lights

It's Different for Girls

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Dec 12, 2006 on The 101

• This series is really stepping up the ! And I am actually proud of it like I can't wait till I see more of this show.

This series is really stepping up the ! And I am actually proud of it like I can't wait till I see more of this show. I hope that they will make a second season of this or an extension even though if it is based from a book, I feel sorry for Lyla a lot of criticisms can break you down but don't worry she'll cheer up.
  • Story and plot gets better every week!

It was nice to see an episode where the game was not the \"heart\" of the show, and progressing the storylines of the individuals. The lockeroom banter w/ Matt and Smash as to who will nail the girl quicker with the coach watching was just not what the \"coach\" wanted to hear about his little girl.

Tami and Coach Taylor realize the day would come that their daughter would get serious about boys, but don\'t want it this soon. It\'s obvious that Waverly didn\'t go on church mission to Africa. I think that she went away from the town, due to having a baby. Think back to her answer in class about men wanting to spread their seed around to everyone, you see a close up of her face after her answer and she has a slight confused look on her face about why Smash \"jokes\" about monogomy. Also remember her father is a preacher and that doesn\'t look good to the congregation. I am glad that Jason was at the cheerleading classic, shows that he does care very much for Lila, and I hope that his character does walk again.

One of the best shows so far. I wish every night was Friday Night Lights night.
  • something different.

After a VERY heavy focus on the football team and the game of the week it is nice to see an episode where the Friday night game isn\'t shown - and is barely even mentioned. I\'m happy to see Tim not walking away and being all brooding over Lyla. After he sarted the series constantly drunk or half-drunk it\'s nice to see that he\'s not turning back to that.

It was nice to see Jason show up at the cheerleading competition and it was good to see the conversation with Jason & Lyla. Even if they don\'t work out together it\'s good to see them dealing with it together and it\'s nice to see Jason out of the house and going to things he would have gone to back when \"life was normal\". I love the tension with Matt and Coach Taylor about Julie. Hopefully he\'ll come around, Matt isn\'t exactly the typical guy on the team. Hopefully he\'ll stay true to his character even asthe new \"QB1\" and eventually coach will come around.
  • The best episode yet!

Fantastic! Once again Friday Night Lights digs deep and comes up with a win.

Thought that them not showing the big game was a brilliant stroke, even if I didn't get my weekly fill of high school gridiron action.

There were so many great scenes in this episode which just kept getting better. The lockeroom banter between Matt and Smash as to who will nail the girl quicker with the coach watching made me laugh, as did the uncomfortable goodbye Matt gave to Julie when the Coach busted up their TV night.

Smash continues to feel the effects of his drug use. Performance is through the roof, but people are starting to suspect that something just isn't adding up.

The Lyla and Jason storyline was really good as well. It's a credit to the producers and writers that they can go from one extreme to the other in a heartbeat!

I loved this episode, and I love this show. It just gets better with each week as the characters develop. Makes you wish every night was a FNL night! :)
  • This was a great episode .

It is why i tell everyone at school to watch it . The excitment really got build up at the end when Jason showed up at the cheerleading event And really showed that he still had feelings for Lyla and still cared about her.Smash still has problems with his steroids and i think he will come clean to the girl he has seemingly to fallin in love with after meeting up with her again.Matt and Julie seem like they belong together but \"coach\" doesnt seem to liek it very much especially after Smash tried to make the bet with matt in the changeroom.Finally The team wins a game with not much work needed which will hopefully mean there will be some excitment when they reach the playoffs.I look forward to next episode which will hopefully see Jason Finally forgive Lyla, and see this team Win Another game! \"clear eyes full hearts cant lose"!
  • Great episode with progressing storylines.

The Panthers finally won easily on the football field :) I was just complaining about this on the forum. They should have tough games in the playoffs but they should win some regular season games easier then they have been. That leaves us with drama and character development. Matt and Julie's relationship are starting to bother Tami and Coach Taylor. Matt is scared to stand up to the Coach but he continues to go along with whatever Julie does. They are really cute together. Jason is starting to try and forgive Lyla. Tim really does have feelings for Lyla, too. Tyra knows about it now and I'm expecting her to give Jason another visit. Smash has been flirting around but now he seems to have found someone that he has a lot in common with including a secret. The Pastors daughter Waverly. It should be interesting to see what happens with them along with his steriod issues. :) I'll be watching next week.
  • wow

this is such a great show and this episode could get anyone hooked. It started off extremly good and only got better. The whole Matt and Coach thing is perfect for the show. I thought it was amazing how he (attempted) to stand up to Coach Taylor. Still, he isnt able to tell coach how it is which will end up better for the series as long as it doesnt get repetitve. This is one of my favorite episodes made yet. The only issue i have is there wasnt enough football, which is what the show is about. Jason Street has another big role in this episode as he still in a big fight with lyla and he goes againist the lawyer and his family after they try to put blame on coach Taylor. This season is starting its ending climax and it keeps getting better.
ESPNCLS