Friday Night Lights

Nevermind

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 03, 2007 on The 101

• first the song in this episode at the end is called mourning hollow by sparklehorse, it's an awsome song and i tried to edit the episode music but it wouldn't let me. this was a realy great episode and realy showed matts acting ability!!

first the song in this episode at the end is called mourning hollow by sparklehorse, it's an awsome song and i tried to edit the episode music but it wouldn't let me. this was a realy great episode and realy showed matts acting ability!! it was realy moving having his dad act the way that he did towards him and u could just see it in his face and sound of his voice how much he wanted to impress his dad and at the same time new he couldnt. and he finaly got angry and took action wich i cant recall him doing before this episode!
  • Kinda like it but didn't really nail it for me.

Kinda like it but didn't really nail it for me. It was pretty boring for me I wish that they could have done better, I wish that they step up the once again:) Kinda like it but didn't really nail it for me. Kinda like it but didn't really nail it for me.
  • FNL rocks my socks!! :D

Once again, FNL completely engrosses me with their clever writing and intricate plot lines.

How the writers of this show consistantly deliver the goods week-in, week out is a mystery to me. Most shows, you would have to say, slump at some point. Plot lines wear thin, characters become old, but with each passing week I find myself screaming at the screen 'MORE! MORE!'.

It's not only the excellent writing that works. The way in which the production staff address each trauma/drama in teen life. I think the way they are handling the Jason Street storyline is amazing. Most shows would tend to skip over the finer details, but FNL seems to really tap into what it must be like to have your dreams taken from you so tragically.

I only hope they can continue this fine run of form!!
  • Absolutely Awesome Episode!!

I read a couple previous reviews from other weeks and someone mentioned the possibility of Matt staying with the Taylors, I wonder if this will happen after what we saw last night between Matt and his father. I think that Matt's father may send the Grandmother off to relatives in Oklahoma or a hospital, especially since he's so set on going back to Iraq. In the previews, right after they show Coach Taylor being "served" about the suit you see someone talking to Coach Taylor saying something like - "it's very hard to deal with" or "you don't know how hard the deal is"? I would assume that Coach Taylor is talking to Matt's father.

That scene at the end of the game was such a pivital moment in the character of Matt Sarecen, I think he's coming out of his shell.

Great Episode moments like these are why I watch.
  • Parents, fasten your seatbelts...you are about to get a reality check. As if it isn\'t hard enough being a teen-ager, let\'s throw some adult problems in there for them to deal with and show everyone that not all \"heroes\" act heroic.

WOW...I am so glad that NBC did not pull the plug on this show. I think it would be hard for some adults to watch this because it deals with real issues in the life of their teenagers. Starting with Lila & Street...the issues they are dealing with you would expect to see an adult couple facing, but showing teenagers in a sexual relationship is something that parent\'s don\'t want to know about. And to show these 2 learning how to have a sexual relationship while dealing with complications of infidelity and paralysis is amazing. The show handles this with humor and grace...and begs the question be asked...could I do that?
    Then you have Matt...what an amazing young man. Going to school, playing football, working and being a caregiver for his Grandmother. How difficult is that? Can you imagine? I am glad that they brought the father back and didn\'t try to sugar coat his return. How many soldiers return from war but only want to go back because life here is actually harder than fighting a war? This is another topic that is hard for the general public to comprehend but one that I am sure is a reality. The dad thinks that his son has it easy because he isn\'t a soldier at war, but easy is relative... I in no way would make light of our soldiers situation in Iraq, but, sometimes people need to realize that home is where we need to be and I am glad that this show has the nerve to take on this issue. I am also thrilled to see them address academic issues as well. So much emphasis is placed on athletics because this is the moneymaker for most schools. Academics are overlooked and people forget that H.S. is just a very small part of life...and so few athletes make it big. What happens to those that don\'t have the education. I love the relationship Coach has with his team...he is amazing. And his wife, Tammy, what an excellent counselor and partner. She is not a stereotypical wife. The whole scene with them in the frontyard going back and forth about academics and athletics...it was Great. I was cheering her on. I know this is only television, but I hope in this case, life imitates art.
  • Great episode. Can Tim Riggins read? :) Will Matt Saracen go to Oklahoma or stay in Texas? The next episode can not be missed. :)

Landry really does have a Christian Speed Metal Band. :) That was too funny. I was sad to see Matt Saracen go from being so happy that his father was home and hoping that things would get better to wanting his father to go away when everything around him started changing. His grandmother could be headed for a nursing home and he could be on his way to Oklahoma to live with his Aunt. Tim and Landry got to know each other a little better. Tim was getting by with Rally Girls and other people doing his school work. I love the scene when Landry was reading the book while Tim was squatting. The two coaches had a laugh when they saw what was happening. It's nice to see Lyla and Jason being friendly with each other but I'm not sure I like them back together just yet. I don't want to make a big deal out if it but now I would love to see Tim read something in school. :) The next episode looks great.