Friday Night Lights

The 101 (ended 2011)

danbambridge

Friday Night Lights Fan Reviews page 6 of 7

• I started to watch the show to fill the winter break, so I thought it is nothing special, but now its like my new best friend! Great show, great actors and some amazing moments!

I started to watch this show during this boring winter break. Nearly every series is on break and I wanted to watch something so I surfed around the tv stations websites and found this show, first I thought its nothing special but it would be good enough to fill the break but know its my new best friend and I cant wait to watch the next episode. I mean the story is simpel but I feel with the team and the members who have to confront all this problems. After I watched all this episodes, I would be pleased if we also would have american football at our high schools here in Germany. Its amazing what a big role this game is playing in the life of the the people from one city.
    Great show, nice actors and I hope NBC will continue the serie as long as possible ;)
  • Cant wait

After I see the movie I wily like to The show I woes see the Triller This wily sound like a Great show I woes like To watch at Kyle Chandler look good on at and this be so cool to watch am play the coach afterwe see am in homefront play the player and now I will be like to see am play the coach of the them In one Line
    "Cant Wait to watch at"
  • Awesome Show Mixes in a little bit of drama and football Definately worth watching!!

People might get the impression this is only for football fans but on the contrary my friends for all you drama fans out there this one has plenty of it my friends and its definately worth an hour of your time!!! Really does resemble high school the way it really is not like some other lame teen dramas full of fake scenarios teens go through. If your long past your high school years this show will definately bring you back to those days in which you were a high school student just like it was just yesterday definately worth watching absolutely faboulous.
  • I love football and this serial. It is not all about football matches and it just make Friday Night Lights much better serial;]

I love football and this serial. It is not all about football matches and it just make Friday Night Lights much better serial;] I am from lithuania, we dont have american football in my coutry, but still there are fans like me, who like play football and watch it. I think every sport team, countches, players goes through these problems expecialy then they are young. In school you always need mentor, coach, somebody who could help you to play, help you to understand importance of match is it football or is it basketball or other sport. And the best thing in this serial is that it all about it!
  • This is a really good show.

When I first heard they were going to do a show based on this book I could not wait to see how good it was going to be. I was hooked after the first episode. But then all I heard was that it was struggling in the ratings. It may not be in the best time slot, but I do not know where it would do any better except on Friday, but that would mean moving Deal or no Deal which would be fine with me.
  • We love football so don\'t place it on Monday nights

My son 13 and I watch every episode. We especially enjoy the football games since we are football fans. Interesting development of characters, reminds me of WB Everwood but has a wider base of characters. We enjoy the Texas setting. Would rather see more action on the football field than between the sheets. Hope they keep it clean while addressing the sexual tensions between teens. Enjoyed the episode with the displaced quarterback from New Orleans because we got to see football.
  • My thoughts

At first it was hard to keep watching. But now that we start to know the characters I can't stop watching!

Everytime I see Friday Night Light I feel like I am watching a movie. I love the way it's filmed. I love the actors in it and I love the story in it. I like everything about this show. I'm not from america and we don't play football were I live but I can really imagine that there are towns in which football is so important.

The actresses in this show are all gorgeous women.
    Also I'm glad they got a full season!
  • A great show!

I think the characters in this show are wonderful and very deep. The storylines are good as well. However, this most recent one with 'Smash' using performance enhancing drugs is a little far-fetched. But that would be my only gripe so far. I'm intrigued by this show and I look forward to the new episodes. I really hope that NBC doesn't give up on this show.
  • I never thought I'd get so interested in a show about football.

This is, simply put, one of the best shows I've ever seen. The characters are all compelling, particularly Matt Saracen and Tim Riggins. The relationships between the characters in the show are also great, particularly between Jason, Tim and Lyla, as well as between Matt and Landry. Now, I must admit that what I know about football, you could fit on the head of a pin and still have room to spare. But this show is so great that I'm able to transcend that, and focus on the other themes in each episode without being distracted by terminology that I don't understand. The football doesn't overwhelm each episode, rather it's a background to the overall characterisation and story arcs that are being set up. I look forward to each new episode of this show with baited breath, and I'm really positive that the show will maintain it's current momentum.
  • A committed Dillon High School football team is aiming towards being the best high school football team...but they do encounter problems along the way.

Is Friday Night Lights heading towards starting a new sports-sitcom generation?? NBC's Friday Night Lights centers around a high school football team in Texas. This show brings out the true way football is in these parts of country today. Overall, the show is suspensefull and is enoyable to watch. It brings out the memories of the true high school football experience. Relationships and friendships get in the way of the football players lives.But in the end of it all, there is that tremendous high school spirit. The show is realistic and brings out the true meaning of the high school spirit.
  • Looking for a show that is "easy on the eyes"? Check this one out!!

This is one of the best shows on televison right now. It is remarkable how they remade a simple movie into a complex television show. Every week I come back to watch this show and I simply don't know why. It keeps your interest. This show reminds me alot of One Tree Hill. Both shows are revolved around sports for the most part, One Tree Hill more so in the beginning. Friday Night Lights holds so much potential for what it can become and what it <b>will</b> become! This is definately not a waste of time. The actors and actresses on the show are talented. Even those that may not seem as talented as others on the show pull it off with such grace. This show will continue to thrive throughout it's television life!!!
  • As far as I'm concerned Tim Riggens is the best new character on television. He's got the whole dramarific package-Personal regret, redemption and cute as all get out.

This show gets better and better every episode. Tim Riggens is everything a character needs to be on television. I like how they gave us a little backstory about his mom and dad in last night's ep. I also appreciate how the football coach's wife is right on when she talks about how they set the "stars" up for failure. Who was that kid anyway and is he going to keep coming around? I hope not because other that being easy on the eyes he was actually mildly annoying. I find myself getting just as excited for Panther football as I do for the NFL!
  • I'm about ten years too late to be reliving my high school glory days, but this show seems to be taking a look at, an admittedly beefed up look for Hollywood, but a look nontheless at what High School Football in TEXAS is like! Belive me, I'm a grad!

Coach Taylor has come into a city that is used to winning, and needs that tradition to continue. Although sometimes nefarious methods have apparently been used in the past, Coach Taylor doesn't look kindly on that. He is trying to be a father to a teenage daughter who really doesn't have a clue how much of this is his life, a husband to a witty and understanding wife (more than I'd probably be), a New Head Coach to a team who has to take a few hits to be brought up again, and a New Martyr for the community to either love, hate, or just plain get rid of. It shows life from poverty to wealth, and it has quickly shown how some can have that completly taken away. Good way to have a favorite team to root for on Tuesday's before we root for our own home teams on Friday's.
  • Awesome show. Should not be cancelled. They could of put it on Friday's, but they didn't so don't let it die. Don't find too many football shows on primetime so why not let this one survive. Sit back & relax. Are you ready for some football.

Every tuesday night is football night. Friday Night Lights is a new and fun filled show. It brings you in to small town football. Makes you appriciate the game. Right now it's the only show like it around. It goes up against any drama show out there right now. I look foward to tuesday nights, it's my football for after the weekend and for the up coming weekend. It's one of those shows that the whole family can sit down and watch together. All I can say is watch it and see for yourself. Are you ready for some Football.
  • Most Real Show Ever Made

This you must see. the realness the feel it sucks you in and has you going insane what is gonna happen next are they gonna etc. how much more real can a show get. the intensity not leting you go to the restroom. that make's you come back for more evry time. and it makes you want to play football more and makes people who dont like football want to play.
    i call this show stunning crazy good. it is so addictive
    you need to watch this show. one of a kind. drama ups downs.
    the best show ever and not a figure of SPEECH
  • The coach of the Dillon Panthers is under a lot of stress after he loses a game. People in a small town like that don't like to lose games. With a rookie quarterback and a restless team he motivates them to excell. The team must overcome adversity.

I am personally in love with this show! First of all I am in love with anything relating to football but this show provides the emotional side of football as well. It really delves into the characters lives and the hardships they face. Although, at times, the acting is weak the story line is brilliant and they really keep the show moving. I always dread the end of the show becuase I know I will not be able to see it for another week. The only thing I don't understand is why viewers arn't tuning in. Trust me, you don't have to like or even know about football. Personally, I would like to see more football but if playing less football will keep the show on air, I am all for it! Please if you haven't already, give this show a chance!
  • One of the best, needs to stay on forever and i dont no ne1 else who has even watched one episode IT IS SO UNDERAPPRECIATED

i think show is one of the best shows on tv today. It also is one of the only non-comedy shows i can actually sit thur... I was pissed when they didnt show the 2nd or 3rd episode and after the debate they were showing law and order re runs... it was a shock to me when non of my friends have even watched an episode, and they all love football. Anybody who saw the movie should have seen the preview and couldnt w8 for it to finally start like i was... why is this show so underapperciated and why doesnt everyone watch it
  • I do like this show but I'm not sure why..

The problem I have is that I don't actually really <i>like</i> many of the characters, the coach is a bit of a runt, Matt and the coach's daughter are the only ones I like. But it has enough drama and the acting is good however I I can't put my finger on why I keep watching. I haven't read the book or seen the film connected with it, I'm British so this whole thing is alien to me it does fascinate though. I'll keep watching and think it will get better as the characters develop, it's pretty addictive be interesting to see how it plays out.
  • Innovative

Never, have i seen a show that has been so different and so interesting. This show doesn't focus only on the football team, its practices, and its games-- it gives the full story of the town, and the people under the uniform. Even the most archatyped drunk character has a story, and is completely 3 dimentional. I was very shocked by how well this show was done, especially after, what I considederd, a very weak pilot. I thought the pilot was boring and predictable, but each episode afterwards has brought me back looking for more. I hope that they give this show a better time slot, so that it can do a little beter, at 9 o'clock or something-- this show might work well on a saturday or sunday night even, but whatever they do, i hope they keep it around.
  • This show is the bomb all you people who think it isn’t have never seen a good show before.

I like how this show is all about football and doesn’t have too much drama in it. Tim Riggins is an awesome character I like how he mixes beer with football. I think Matt Saracen really needs to step up now that voodoo is coming he also needs to stop being distracted by the coaches daughter. I think Smash really needs to shut up before Riggins takes him out. I think its cool that Streets moved his hands even if he was trying to smack his roommate. I interested in seeing how him and his roommate will get along throughout the course of the season.
  • The O.C. for the Rest of Us

If you are looking for a show about people in New York or Los Angeles, in glamorous professions with wealthy lifestyles, boy are you in the wrong place. Friday Night Lights is about a small-town Texas high school football team. Now, in Texas, high school football is more like second-tier college ball; the stadiums are huge, the games are televised, and the football team is the life of the town. But the kids are still small-town kids with small-town values. They have parents in the military and work in fast food joints. They drive old pickups, not Range Rovers. Although the show is plotted around football, there isn't actually all that much football in the show--mostly we see the players in their everyday lives, sometimes at practice, and only rarely do we see a game. The show remains accessible to non-fans, and there's plenty of material here about the normal teenage angst and romance--more realistically dealt with here than elsewhere--to keep us going.

It is a little hard to see how this show can continue beyond a season (although first it'll have to gain the ratings it deserves). Many if not all the players are seniors, so next year they'll either have to follow the same kids into college, or a new bunch of kids in the same program.
  • Best show on TV in years!!!!

I went to high school in Warner Robins, GA. At the time, there were only 2 high schools in town. I went to Warner Robins H.S., a perenial favorite for the state championship at that time. I was a cheerleader only so that I could get into the football games for free...well, for other stuff, too, I guess. I love the game, always have and always will. Years later, my husband and I lived in Batesville, MS for 9 years, home of the South Panola Tigers, another perennial state championship favorite. I watched Deuce McCallister play there when he was just a kid.

I gave this brief background to explain my delight in this show. It captures the glory AND hysteria that Friday night creates in most any small southern town. I am a military brat and have family and friends in almost every state, so I have spread the word across the nation to everyone I know to watch this show. Many thanks to the producers, director, cast and crew for a fantastic show. Michele Morgan
  • This Program is my favourite show this season. It has more emotion and more realism than anything on at the moment. Plus the soundtrack only adds to the emotional value.

Its cleverly written and never boring. It really pulls you in adn whenever im watching an episode i am just willing for it NOT to end.

I really hope more people sart watching it. its not just a drama about the most popular sport in the US but its a BRILLIANT drama about american football.

I Hope its new slot bear this show the rating it totally deserves. I hope the network gets behind this show because it is brilliantly made and more needs to be made.
  • Unreal, and I don't like football.

This show is great, I never saw the movie, and I don't even like football, but this show is amazing. Even if you do not like football, don't worry, it is not ABOUT football, it is about a town, a community and a group of young men that are given way too much to deal with, just because they play a game, just a game.

Only 3 episodes have been shown, and I can not believe the quality that has kept up throughout the episodes, if this show can keep this momentum over 13+ episodes, it will be a future classic, I swear.

Watch it, and see what I mean.
  • Friday Night Lights.

7.8
    This is a great show, but I cannot stand the way it is filmed. The camera is unsteady constantly, as if an amateur is filming. I have seen movies recently that have been filmed this way, and it gives me a headache! When I mentioned this at work, everyone agreed. We love the show, but I do not know if I will continue watching it for this reason. I love the guy who plays the coach; and the rest of the cast is good as well. Very exciting ... good story line. I don\'t even mind watching the football part.
  • Quite Possibly the Season's Best New Series

While it has all the makings of a "brilliant but cancelled" series, let's hope the network higher-ups use their powers for good and not evil. I'm not much of a football fan, but I loved the film Friday Night Lights and have thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 episodes of its TV spinoff. The pilot episode was phenomenal, but Episode 3 has confirmed that not only is the TV series as good as the film...it's also its own unique animal. Hopefully NBC will keep their finest freshman program alive for at least 13 episodes, if not a full season or longer. A show this good deserves the chance to reach a respectable conclusion, but more importantly, it deserves a chance to thrive. I have never met anyone who claimed to be or know a Nielsen viewer, but this viewer promises to keep watching, crappy ratings be damned.

Oh, and another thing. This list of blurbs/classifications we have to choose from is ridiculous.
  • This show doesn't get the credit it deserves!

Everytime I hear that Friday Night Lights is heading for 'The Axe' I just can't believe it. Maybe it's just the fickle, cut-throat world of American Drama and Ratings, but if we lose this show off our TV screens, I think we're missing out.

From the very first episode, you can't help but get drawn towards the edgy way this show is produced. Perhaps the fact that the direction is so different to the 'formula' most popular shows have in the States is part of the reason why it seems to be tanking in the ratings. The camera-work is very unique for this type of show, almost appearing as a 'fly-on-the-wall'documentary about the trials of a Texan High School football side.

Only a few shows in, I think if it's axed it will be a grave mistake. Already there are several interesting plot lines developing, which if carefully nutured, will see some great character development also.

So please! Tune in, or you'll be missing out.
  • This Show is raw and amazing! It\'s almost uncomfortable to watch it hits so close to home on some of the topics. I can actually see come of our hometown boosters in some of the scenes! Please keep this show!

This Show is raw and amazing! It\'s almost uncomfortable to watch it hits so close to home on some of the topics. I can actually see come of our hometown boosters in some of the scenes! Please keep this show! So many quality shows don\'t even get a chance to get off the ground yet we still have to deal with idiot shows like \"The Simpsons\"! This show is smart, well written and real to life. It evokes strong emotions in this viewer and I know I am not alone. I hope the powers that be will give \"Friday Night Lights\" a chance to find its place in the line-up, it\'s a winner.
  • You don't have to be a football fan to love "Friday Night Lights."

It isn’t a high concept thriller like Lost or 24 or a standard CBS procedural, but Friday Night Lights packs just as much (if not more) emotional punch as the rest of the dramas on primetime television. You don’t have to be a fan of football to enjoy the show, but if you are, you’ll love it even more. The story of a small town in Texas all rallying behind its high school football team resonates on so many levels. From scenes of team practices, teenage/high school “drama,” family life (both comedy and drama), and the “big game” itself; everyone will find something to enjoy. But in reality, it is difficult not to enjoy all aspects of the show.

If you were a fan of NBC’s late, great American Dreams, Friday Night Lights definitely fills at least some of the void left by that great family drama. It doesn’t have to shock and awe, it doesn’t have to add some mystical supernatural element to it… Friday Night Lights is filled with many genuinely truthful and sincere moments and all of them make up an overall warm, exciting, thrilling, down to earth drama series. Its premise sounds so simple, yet it entertains and satisfies everything you could want in a primetime drama series, while still going beyond. Easily the best new show of the season.
  • Friday Night in a small Texas town....you would think it would be boring but not if you live there...From late August until November there is the one thing that everyone in Texas lives for, FOOTBALL. This show depicts that life to a T.

This show is so nostalgic for me...I grew up in TX and the show is right on as far as the attitude of small towns in TX and football. It is amazing to me that it has been more years than I care to admit since I was in high school but this show brings back all of it...the teen angst, the peer pressure, the heartbreaks, the laughs...Last night\'s episode showing the rally squad bringing stuff to the football players, we did that. I started watching it just because it was going to be about High School Football in TX but it is so much more. We watch CBS on Tuesdays BUT you can bet that we record Friday Night Lights and will continue to do so. It is Remember the Titans, Rudy and Friday Night Lights (the movie) all in one. GREAT SHOW!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7