Friday Night Lights

The 101 (ended 2011)

danbambridge

Friday Night Lights Fan Reviews (200)

• A show for the ages..its simplistic view at dealing with complex matters makes this series the best show currently on TV.

The subject of this show is what you see in the previews. A high school football team in the small town of Dillon, Texas. What you don't see in the previews is the characterization of people and how situations can bring the best and worst out of them. While some may think this show is too simplistic in nature, I believe it is quite opposite. You get to see kids go from year to year in high school and see the hardships they endure and how life can really throw curveballs. There are very few shows on TV that can actually produce the dramatic approaches to the climaxes of the characters lives that this one can. If you like drama and you like to watch shows that produce empathy, then this is the one for you. It's not sugar coated with high def views and unbelieavable stunts. It's just life in the same light.
  • This show is the bomb! it shows the amount of pressure of high school football players, and especially the coach and his family.

this show just started last year but it is a great show. although it does not have a great time slot (Friday night at 10 PM) viewers should tune in every week. the show illustrates the season of the Dillon Panthers, a team predicted to win the state championship. they get a new coach, Eric Taylor, who is the star of the show. in the 1st game of the season, nationally ranked #1 QB Jason Street gets injured; he becomes paralyzed from the waist down and is paralyzed from the waist down. This is a major complication inflicted on the team. the show has many real-life situations, such as steroids, divorces, high school marriages, alcohol, affairs, etc.

this is a must watch for all high schoolers
  • Friday Night Lights is about a Small Town in Dillon Texas that centers around a High School Football Team.

Friday Night Lights is the most Underated show on T.v it sits on any other teen drama that is being aired today. The others are all sizzle but substance. This is not just another show just about who's hooking up with who. The only thing holding this show back is that it airs on NBC which considers 6 million plus viewiers on a Fiday Night at 9:00 Low when there are other networks that consider about 4 million plus high ratings. So lets throw out the ratings and show Friday Night Lights some love because they really deserve it & if Know one won't say it then I will.
  • Dang iTunes freebie hooked me again

Well I had seen Friday Night Lights the movie with Billy Bob Thorton and I liked it a lot. I was very skeptical when this show came out. It seemed like it wasn't going to be that good but when I got a chance to see the pilot for free courtesy of iTunes I enjoyed it a lot. Needless to say I purchased the rest of the season which (on iTunes) is out of order and one of the episodes is not correct but I managed to get the season up until now. I really enjoy the different characters and the little bit of football that is shown. I really hope that Matt S. and Julie stay together which there is reason to believe they will. I look forward to seeing how this season progresses as well as if and how they are going to do futures seasons.
  • This show is a series that not only deserves a bigger audience but a hell of a lot of Emmy awards.

this show is so could i cant explain it. and the funny thing is that i just started watching it last Saturday, and ive already season every episode, some more than once and i really must say that it has changed my life, honestly. i don't write reviews at all but i need to for this series because ill do what ever it takes to save Friday night lights from getting the nbc axe like the great las vegas did. but as much as i loved Vegas it sucks compared to this one so nbc listen closely do not cancel this we want season 4
  • Similar storyline to what you\\\'ve seen in the movie and Varsity Blues, but the pilot definately proves its a storyline worth rehashing and stretching out into a longer arc.

I didn't know what to expect with the pilot for Friday Night Lights, but after watching it I really should have known what to expect. The visual style is almost the same as the movie and the plot is the one you've seen before--a small town football team coming into what will be their best season yet deals with a devastating and unexpected lineup change.

But this isn't the instant miracle movie you have seen, and it makes sense that it isn't. They have alot more than two hours to pack a compelling story into, and as a fan of Varsity Blues and Friday Night Lights the movie, I find myself far more drawn to this series.

This is not something out of a fairytale. This is about real kids lives and the impact that football has upon them. (spoiler) ................ yes, the quarterback does get paralyzed (it appears) in the first episode, but this plot point is handled with care and executed flawlessly.

The backup quarterback is barely introduced to the audience in the pilot, and it really adds to the significane of the moment. This puts the viewer in the position of all the families in the stands. We don't know what to expect from this kid and we have no clue what makes him tick. Yes, we do see the look on his parents' faces when he goes in and, when it comes down to it, that's really all we need to sell the point of the underdog coming in against the odds.

What is set up well is the starting quarterback. He isn't the best speaker in the world, but the kid has heart, that much is clear. This is evident, and powerful, in one scene in particular.

Before the first game of the season the team plays a game with a pee wee league. The looks on the kids faces and the questions they ask the quarterback really get the point across that football is engrained in these kids lives. To them, it is everything--almsot religious, even. Watching this scene makes you understand the dynamic of the town. You see it in the pee wee players parents' faces--watching their little kids play with the town celebrities and, for the first time in the telling of this story, I really come to understand why football is a very legitimate passion for a town like this.

Alot of America might have looked at this high school football craze in these types of towns as something trivial--something that these people just "take too far." But the value to be found here is that these people don't grow up wishing to be a celebrity--yes, they all dream of going pro, but who has been on a sports team and never once had that dream cross their mind?

This is a self-sustaining town. They need something to look up to, and they choose to look to their teenage football players, and it means something to them. You know that once upon a time, the team we follow must have been in their pee wee gear, playing a game with the big boys and loving every minute of it. In those days, those little kids dreamt of being on the high school football team...and that's not that far fetched of a dream, especially for an American Idol generation. Its a dream worth going for and a tradition worth keeping alive. These are not a bunch of hicks taking it too far.

Its the dynamics that they set up that really reel you into this pilot. Scenes like the ones with the little kids, where one asks the star quarterback "Does God Love Football?" and he answers yes, and then prays with them. This is about more than football, this is about a town that has set up a foundation for their children to pass morality and honest values onto the next generation of children. These kids look up to the football players, and the football players know it, and handle it with a greater sense of responsibility than almost any celebrity these days.

Even though in the back of your mind you kind of know that he's doomed, they've got you liking him (so much so, I was doubting they'd hurt him within the first six episodes). This makes the scene where he's taken out really something moving, and shows the real potential of this type of direction that TV is heading. When the backup comes in, he screws up...badly. But he finds his bearings--though just barely. Its mostly shuffle passes and then one play that we can't be sure was pure talent. We leave this episode really wondering if this team has a shot in hell, even though they got out by the skin of their teeth. The win does not feel like a win, and immediately after both teams get down and pray.

There's so much to talk about with this pilot and they've set up so much good stuff that I have no doubt in my mind that this will be a monster success and NBC is clearly on a major upswing. As more and more shows like this come out and become successes, the networks might realize that their medium has the potential to pull of things that movies never could, and finally can invest accordingly. This is worthwhile entertainment, if I've ever seen it.
  • This show is great! I am sooooo tired of reality tv. Friday Night Lights is a realistic veiw of how important football is in some towns.

I myself am a football coach for a varsity team in Fl. Like the show I lost my starting Quarter Back. We lost him befor the season started to a car accident. He died the next day in the hospital befor I was able to see him. I had spoken to him on the phone hours befor the accident. The team this year is remembering him by wearing his number on the sleeve of their jersey's. This season was dedicated to his memory.
  • We don't really have this sport in my country and yet I love this show!

From the beginning I've loved this show and this newest season is already better than last season. The main reason..Matt Saracen (played brilliantly by Zach Gilford)in this season he gets more screen time as Smash and Street move off the show. He shows teen emotions at their best and worst.His interaction with coach Taylor (played by Kyle Chandler) keeps my face glued to the screen. Off course I always hope to get a glimps of Tim Riggins (played by Taylor Kitsch) without a shirt, I'm female after all. My only not-like-so-much of this show is the Taylor husband and wife interaction, Eric Taylors views of what a wife is supposed to do and be keeps me grinding my teeth. But then again it adds a reality to the show since nothing in life is perfect.
  • Great but not amazing

I love the way Friday Night Lights deals with real issues that parents and kids face. To describe Friday Night Lights...it's like The Brady Bunch, Full House, The Cosby Show, etc. Only the issues aren't as simple and rosy as they were back then, this is a tough world we live in and Friday Night Lights deals with real issues in a real way exploring the consequences of actions, challenges and the decision making process it doesn't shy away from tough topics like teenage fun time, handicaps, alcoholism in parents and the children that suffer and struggle to survive. "It's raw truth." It's dealt with and worked through as a family, with friends, or a trusted adult, etc.
  • ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? Season 4 of Friday Night Lights will premiere October 28th at 9 pm ET/PT on Channel 101, to be followed on NBC in 2010. http://www.kylecentral.com

Are you ready for some football?

Peter Berg is back directing for the first time since Season 1. Episode 1 of Season 4 has been compared to that of another pilot. For those who've seen the pilot episode for Friday Night Lights, it has been described as THE best pilot ever made for television.

I, for one, cannot wait!!!

When we last left Friday Night Lights, school funding caused the town of Dillon to be split in two in a redistricting effort to open a closed school, East Dillon High. East Dillon is the poorer part of town and the District decided to "sell" Coach Taylor's position as Head Coach of the State Champion Dillon Panthers to a hand picked coach backed by beer king, Joe McCoy, who just happens to be the father of quarterback phenom, J.D. McCoy. Sound fishy? Boy, howdy ... it is. Coach Taylor was "offered" a position at Head Coach at the closed, dilapidated East Dillon High. Because he signed a 2 year non-compete clause with TMU, he'll have to take the cruddy job. Once a State Champion itself, Coach Taylor will need to build an East Dillon team where there is none. A new school means new players and a new storyline while his wife Tami remains Principal at the home of the Dillon Panthers, the team Coach Taylor took to State, not once, but twice. (It also means at least a re-edit of the opening theme sequence because Coach can no longer be wearing Panther blue.)

To add to a new show, new cast feel, there were several principal young student players who graduated last season, many of whom will go on to college and be phased out of the storyline in Season 4

The high school students will come and go, but it is the Coach and his family who remain the tether of this rich, multi-layered story telling.

The incomparable Kyle Chandler is Emmy worthy in the role of Coach Eric Taylor in this small Texas town of Dillon. He's as tough as nails out there on the field with his young players, but he is also a husband, father of 2 girls, and a member of a town who loves football to the point where stores close every Friday Night for "game night." This man has heart and integrity and passion that he imparts to his players week after week. He is, as his wife describes him, "a molder of men." If he's not under enough pressure, he walks a tightrope handling a tough press corp, an even tougher school district, town boosters, team parents, law enforcement (yes, some of his players are no angels), football and State officials, scouts and agents for his talented players. Coach Taylor is a man in a pressure cooker who is constantly struggling against deciding what is best for the team and what is best for the kids and his family. And Kyle Chandler plays this complex role with all the right stuff.

To help him keep his balance, bring in the dynamic Connie Britton in an another Emmy worthy role as Tami, Coach Taylor's wife. Tami's his partner and unyielding supporter in his passionate drive to coach the game he loves, loves, loves. She's also his partner in raising their often rebellious teenage daughter, Julie, and their infant daughter, Gracie Bell. If that's not enough for this woman to handle, she's also the Principal for what is sure to become the rival of her husband's new school.

As a TV couple, Coach and Tami are one of THE most honest and believable couples I've ever seen. Their marriage is the rock strength that is the basis of this pressure cookin' show.

The casting of the kids is again, some of the best on television. We are all waiting to find out what happens to Riggins, Lyla, Tyra, Matt, Landry, and their friends. We still want to know about Jason and Smash. We've gotten to know these characters and we care about them.

Renewed for 2 more seasons, Friday Night Lights is THE best show on television today. Critics love it ... fans are passionate. Viewers need to find it and watch. Seasons 1 through 3 are available on DVD and Netflix if you need to catch up. Tune in for 2 episodes, and you'll see what all the buzz is about. Or do the show and its cast a huge favor and tell your friends to tune in. http://www.kylechandlercentral.com
  • Innovative

Never, have i seen a show that has been so different and so interesting. This show doesn't focus only on the football team, its practices, and its games-- it gives the full story of the town, and the people under the uniform. Even the most archatyped drunk character has a story, and is completely 3 dimentional. I was very shocked by how well this show was done, especially after, what I considederd, a very weak pilot. I thought the pilot was boring and predictable, but each episode afterwards has brought me back looking for more. I hope that they give this show a better time slot, so that it can do a little beter, at 9 o'clock or something-- this show might work well on a saturday or sunday night even, but whatever they do, i hope they keep it around.
  • An inventive work of art...

These words of a critic from the New York Times express really how I feel about this show. It has entered my life and turned it around a bit.
    Not being a football-fan, something that has to do with not knowing much about it and the sport not being around where I live, I really didn't think I would ever watch a series like this. But I couldn't withstand the looks of coach Taylor, so I tuned in. Now I still like those looks, but I watch the series because I love the show. The way it is being filmed, documentary-style, and the way the plot is going keep my interest all the way through season 3. The way season 2 ended and season 3 started confused me a bit (shouldn't more than the Smash have gone off to college or whatever by now) but I like the way they tight up those loose ends in the first episode of the third season. I love to see how the Taylor-family are helping many young people along with their lives, and how they really struggle with their own lives. I think some of them are way ahead of their 17-ish age, but since it all presents good story-lines I just accept it. For someone who grew up in a small town in a small country in Europe, it is nice to get a realistic inside view into a small Texan town: a normal day life around it's warm center: high school and football (without selling short anyone who's life doesn't involve football). The way the small, real things in life are pictured, family trouble, school matters, a proud-bringing sports team, the fuzz around it, the people with money, the people without money, all is molted together like a beautiful piece of art. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a following season!
  • It's so real.

I asolutely love this show. I'm watching season 3 right now, and it just gets better and better. I live in Eastern Europe, where we know nothing about football, most of the people probably never even heard of it. Im lucky to have lived in the USA a few years, so i know its basic rules, but I never really got the whole concept of the game. But it doesnt matter.. football lover or not, you will love this show!!
    It's a real-life drama. The problems, the situations, the relationships.. it all seems real, like something that could happen to you any day. You start to care about the characters, which barely happens when watching a tv show (well, it barely happens to me, anyways.) The actors are superb, and the good chemistry on screen makes the show even more enjoyable.
    I also like the fact that they jump a few months between every season. Even the camera shaking doesnt bother me, im just hooked to this show :)
    Oh yeah, and also: hot young football players!! Go Panthers! :)
  • Waiting for season even if we might lose some of the best characters on TV, Matt, Smash, Tim even Lyla...

I really like this show, it is hard to follow it in Europe but still manage to do so! I wonder when will start the 4th season? Did they say something about it somewhere? If you heard something I'll be glad to know!
    I love this show. But what is going to happen to Matt, even if he stay in Dillon,he won't be able to play in the high school team..They should keep the idea of forming a team with the old player and show us them making their way to the NFL! But still can't wait for the next season
  • Most underrated TV Show

This show has amazing acting and writing... it's different than any other high-school/teen drama where the issues are very real and complex but the characters deal with them in prudent southern mannerims. I love the way its shot as a quasi-documentary and the actors are allowed to adlib the scenes.

All the characters are well developed, especially through the 3rd season and insist NBC to renew a full 22 eps season for Season 4!

--SPOILER ALERT --

Now that Coach Taylor is moved off the Panthers and is charged to lead the East Dillon Lions, we can see FNL develop a whole new chapter with new students, the split loyalties of the town, new amazing rivalries and of course, new drama. NBC, please renew this series!!!
  • Maybe the most underrated show of all times. Loved by the critics but unable to draw a large audience, the show struggles and fights every year for its renewal. NBC should bring a show that it could be proud of back for a fourth season.

Maybe the most underrated show of all times. Loved by the critics but unable to draw a large audience, the show struggles and fights every year for its renewal. The fact is that years from now it will be remembered as an all-time classic that deserved a lot more than what it got. NBC should definitely bring Friday Night Lights back for a fourth season as it is a show that every network would be proud to have on its schedule. Going against the trend the show remains one of the deepest, most realistic and touching shows US Tv has to offer with its top quality acting, directing and writing.
  • One of the greatest drama series ever.

As I'm not particularly obsessed with sports (understatement), initially I wasn't drawn to the premise of the show. Then I stumbled over a scene from the pilot on imdb.com and I was blown away. There was a sense of realism that had me comparing it with shows like the Sopranos. I personally think it's the best drama series since the Sopranos. And no, it's not just about football!

It's centered around Dillon High and their team the Panthers led by a fresh coach with a lot to prove in a town with a legacy of playing great football. The writing is smart and respectful of the characters. It also never gets too clichéd, something that could so easily have been the case. You really believe and care about these characters in small town America.

The best thing about it? It just keeps getting better!

Please NBC, keep believing in FNL..and people start watching!
  • Captivating!

This show is captivating and enthralling. This is the one of the best shows on TV right now. Last night episode was fantastic. When this show gets on a roll, it really does it right! I was breathless the whole episode! I completely forget time when i am watching this show and I hate when it's coming to an end...I can't believe that was really an hour.
    This was a great third episode, hopefully one everyone was waiting for, but I love this show to death so I like them all. But for everyone on the edge, hopefully this powerful episode sealed it in their minds!

What an amazing show! Support it!
  • Friday Night Lights kicked in with an amazing pilot, accelerated on high speed and after two seasons, still not losing its vibe. It is bold, candid, country and touching. And the best part is, it does not feel like a teen drama at all.

There are several reasons why "FNL" replaced my all-time fave teen drama "One Tree Hill". First, the characters are earthly. Those are the people you can come across to everyday. They cannot help themselves making stupid choices, they stutter, they fail, they break into million pieces and they face a tough world.But most of the time, they learn from their mistakes and they do not trap themselves into the same situation like any other wise guy would do.So if you are looking for a played-out scenario, FNL is definitely the wrong address.Yes, it is dramatic and yes, it is emotional but the storylines are not embellished or forced out.They are just a snapshot of the ordinary life. Second, FNL takes place in Texas and it gives you insight about a close community surrounded with values and norms. I cannot deny the fact that I am glad to see some Christian values have been instilled into a show finally.The way that locals are religious but not narrow-minded is such a good experience on TV. But the reason that FNL gets me is the variety of subjects it touches. Racism, rape, adultery, sports ethics, you name it. Plus, you get American football and an incredible Tami-Coach relationship. Neatly written and superbly acted, FNL is the real deal.
  • I can't remember ever before seeing characters so real on television. This show is about so much more than just football. Please, give it a shot!

I didn't particularly love the movie of the same name which Friday Night Lights was based upon and I'm not exactly a football junkie, so I didn't bother watching when the show first premiered. Apparently a lot of people felt the same way, and it lagged in the ratings. For a show no one was watching though, I sure heard a lot of hype from those few actually in its audience. The fervency of those fans reminded me of Roswell, which few people gave a chance, but which I loved with all my heart. So I bought season one of Friday Night Lights on DVD. Within about four episodes I was so hooked I was putting sleep on the back burner just so I could pop in the next show. Contrary to what I thought in advance, it was about so much more then just football. The characters are as real and developed as any I've ever watched on television. While the often adlibbed, sometimes hand-held camera style contributes to this, it's the actors and the way in which they all seem to embrace the roles they are playing that make it all work. Coach Taylor's equal parts stubbornness and integrity shine and make you love him both when he interacts with his players and while caring for his wife and two girls. Though I enjoy the football games that take place and they way they are filmed, filled full of little subplots, they are a very small part of the show. The real charm is in the multitude of complex, in-depth, realistic relationships found at every single turn. I swear I had the exact arguments with my parents that Coach Taylor and his wife have with their daughter. I've honestly felt uncomfortable watching at times, and I give the show enormous credit for being strong enough to elicit those types of feelings. So now I'm sitting here as one of hyped up but still small audience begging others to tune in. Rent season one and please give it a shot. If you do, watch at least through episode four, because it took me about that long to be completely familiar with all the characters. When they are first introduced it is a little overwhelming and distracting, but not for long. Trust me, you will be setting up your DIRECTV account before you realize just so you can see season three before the poor suckers who have to wait until it runs on NBC in 2009.
  • This show is a great show and a grteat mix of teen drama and football. Any girl or guy would enjoy this show because the fact that its interesting and fun. Its is also very unique and the way they present it rocks.

This show shows many ways into brining make and female audiences. It also helps present the passion they want a fan to feel when they watch the show. I love the fact that it's not boring or too exciting. I also like that I don't like football, but this show made my opinion change. I honestly hope that they pick up a third season because this show deserves all the credit it's getting from its fans. Many people don't want it to cancel and I'm one of them. This show will do great if it comes back. I know it and I have a feeling that maybe in the future it will become one of my favorite shows.
  • Superb. Drama, Sociology and Human interest.

I gave this show a chance on a whim, a really cheap DVD set of Season 1, and I have been thrilled. My vertigo doesn't like the documentary film style very well, but the stories, the characters and the drama are amazing. I am not a Texan so I cannot speak to the authenticity, but nonetheless it captures so many issues and themes of family, obsession, pressure, just everything. This show tells such human stories with real and authentic characters. There is not weak link among the entire ensemble with all actors delivering convincing emotional performances. This is especially challenging because the documentary style requires a lot of non-verbal communication, facial expressions and such. This is a show that you have to watch, you have to study because there is so much going on with the characters and their performances. The show does a wonderful job capturing those tensions of American life- Race, Class, Gender, everything- without being overwhelming or preachy. This show is not just for football fans, certainly not just for Texans, but a show for anyone who wants to understand the sociology of American life, the psychology of Americans and the challenges and drama that exist in our daily lives.
  • Are you ready for Friday night?

«You know, say what you will about the ravages of sports in this corporate age where overpaid athletes expect prima donna treatment, but there is still something so unifying about sport in its purest form, when athletes rise above themselves and touch greatness and, in doing so, remind us all that we also have greatness inside of us.»

The words of «Mouth» McFadden of One Tree Hill, another show highly influenced by high school sport.

I love sports. I love the games for the games and the competitions for the competitions, not for the fame or money. High school sports is the peak for so many talents, and then life usually manage to get in the way. The achievements of high school sport, the team spirit and brotherhood and the feeling of being at top of the world, is something so many carry with them for the rest of their lives.

A TV-show based on a high school American football team, their new head coach, some of the team members and their families and friends, have a huge potential to hit home with me. Still it needs to be done well, it needs to have a story to tell, characters to identify with, like, dislike or pray for and it needs heart.

And you can criticize Friday Night Light for a lot if you like, but it got heart. A lot of it.

This review is based on the first 3 seasons, but I'd like to point out the first season is by far the strongest. Not necessarily because the story was best then, because the acting was superior to the later seasons or because it lost something as we went along, but mainly because the first season had 22 episodes and the time to tell the story as it's done best. In-depth and week-to-week. Season 2 and 3 was only more like half-season productions. I hope the fourth season will do the same as the first, as the show is about to reinvent itself. They have to, as most main characters are leaving for college and Coach Taylor got his new challenge. I just keep my fingers crossed they realize why the first season worked so well, and get us back there now.

Why I love Friday Night Lights? There's a lot of reasons. Among others...

Characters:

The show brings us so many different families and backgrounds, and so many different everyday struggles.Some try their best to grow out from under their family history and some have to grow up with huge responsibilities way to young. We touch on people from families who doesn't even like football, on some who lives with relatives embracing football in everything they do and we meet people from all different social statuses. Not only does the show grow stronger on embracing the differences, but it also goes deep into these characters and develop them.

Storyline:

Football is a very important part of the show, but without all the drama from other struggles it wouldn't be half the show it is. Friday night there might be a very important game, but the weekly dramas of Friday Night Lights overshadows the game even in Dillon, Texas.

Family-relations:

Very important part of the show, and the many different kind of families presented makes for interesting relationships between teenagers and their parents/caretakers. From my point of view some of the most interesting scenes in the entire show are between Julie Taylor and one of her parents.

Acting:

Compared to a lot of other high school shows, I really like most of the casts abilities. I might add I think Aimee Teegarden, as Julie Taylor, is a star. Her credible and incredible acting is a major contributor to the show.

I'm again ready for Friday night. Bring on season 4.
  • In the small town of Dillon, Texas, everything seems to revolve around the local football team, the Panthers. A stunning loss, a new coach, and a series of turbulent relationships head off this simplistic, but powerful, drama.

"Friday Night Lights" is brilliant in a sense because it is one of the most simplistic, gritty, and surprisingly powerful dramas on television. In what could have been a cliched genre show, documentary camera work and spot on acting have elevated this show to new heights. Its small town premise packs a punch like no other show on television, and the writing is almost perfect at portraying characters through basic routines and small talk. After failing to generate a true audience, "Friday Night Lights" has become the little show that could, as it fought its way season by season to the pace where it is now.
  • Clear Eyes Full Hearts

Part football and another part awesome. Excellent shows from beginning to end. Hope the rumors are true that a movie is in the works.
  • Coach Taylor Rocks!

The show has plenty of internal story lines however it is definitely worth watching to see how coach Taylor handles the challenges of adolecent teens with excessive testoserone. Though a couple of incidents in 3 seasons may have been exaggerated a touch, there is plenty of realism to be found in this drama and season 4 will have plenty of those fans from season 3 wondering what will happen next. I think for reasons above, my favorite character is coach Taylor and I like his deameanor in this series. I've enjoying him acting in a couple of other movies but this role is one he has made his own. Kudos to NBC and DirecTV for keeping this one around. Now if we could just bring back Las Vegas, I'd be on NBC's good side.
  • Entertaining and life-enriching. It doesn't get any better than FNL.

Some series I watch because they make me laugh. Others I watch because they're exciting. Sometimes I just want to escape my own reality for an hour or so. I watch Friday Night Lights for a little of each, but by the end of it, I feel like I've gleaned a small insight on how to be a better leader and a better person.

I originally started watching FNL for the football. Instead, I found not only an entertaining and fun series, but a top-notch course in leadership. More than just a show about football, it seems that there is something for everyone to identify with. Each character has their own personal demons to slay, and the audience gets to watch them grow and develop from week to week. It's an entertaining and uplifting experience.

It would be easy to get carried away and write an in-depth analysis of each character, each plot development, every nuance. Suffice to say, FNL is a lot of fun (I've found myself litterally punching the air on occasion), it's well written, and it's one of the few shows that's truely inspired me to grow not only as a coach, but as a person. That's a rarity indeed today.
  • Based around a small town in texas who love their football and drama.

Friday Night Lights in my opinion is a show head and shoulders above many when it comes to story lines and actors abilities.
    The story lines and the actors abilities are ground breaking, The cast has such a chemistry I haven't seen in a new show in a long time. I love football, but you don't have to be a fan to be a fan of the show. Football isn't the heart of the show, the community of Dillon is. The show deals with a lot of everyday problems that we all have all faced in our lives which is what makes this show so raw and moving. I hope the lights don't go out anytime soon.
  • Everything you could ask for; sports, drama, and an accurate depiction of life in Texas and football being all there is.

Don't cancel this show, it has ridiculous potential, once people discover the show they just can't stop watching it, definitely a guilty pleasure. The advertising for this show is the only thing bringing it down, I never found out about it a month ago, and can't believe I've lived without seeing it until then. Everything is so real, the characters do not live in dream lives, they portray everyday people that viewers can relate to. The show captures football in its essence and to simply put it there's nothing quite like it. Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.
  • Great Show - Link to Save It Petition

This is one of he best shows on the air today. It protrays high school kids in a real manner unlike those un-real shows like the OC, etc. These are real kids with real issues, not just the pretty people. It's not just about sports or high school football, its reality, unlike the "Reality Shows" which are nothing like reality. NBC should let this great show get at least one more season and not give up. Visit the link below to add your name petition to try and save the show.

Link for petition to Save FNL: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/savefnl/

Join the petition to save FNL!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7