TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

9.24.10 Smackdown Discussion...End of an Era...

What was the best SD match of NOC?

telvisnostic

[21]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 52

Taker's been in 9 of the and has only won 5. I've always wondered why it's his match. I think they could ride this thing out until January if they wanted to.

They should ride this out until January.

Edited on 09/25/2010 9:10pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Randyspeeps

[22]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 34
    When I saw Bearer come out of the casket I marked big time. It was a beautiful sight. The best feud in the WWE just got better.

Deadnight-Majin

[23]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 18

Just watching it now. I'm looking forward to the return of Paul Bearer.

Kaval jobbed to Chavo though I do think Chavo is great. I think they're going to give Kaval a losing streak, so his first win is a big thing. It's still a stupid plan though.

Deadnight-Majin

[24]Sep 26, 2010

Kane's promo was brilliant, as was Paul Bearer's return. I think this feud will end at Survivor Series.

chickenfry

[25]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 6

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Kane's promo was brilliant, as was Paul Bearer's return. I think this feud will end at Survivor Series.

That would be awesome, as it's where Undertaker debuted.

I really like where this feud is going. Hopefully they don't ruin it with something stupid.

GoofyGoober88

[26]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 16

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Yeah It won't end at HIAC it will end in a Buried alive match or Casket match I think. Great to have Paul Bearer back =D.

On another note its funny since the creation of the HIAC PPV the match itself has already become shadow of its former self... the HIAC match was once a match to end a personal feud now its just another match, Sometimes I Don't think Vince will be happy until he ruins everything of the past.

Edited on 09/27/2010 3:56am
    Edited 2 total times.

telvisnostic

[27]Sep 27, 2010

GoofyGoober88 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    Yeah It won't end at HIAC it will end in a Buried alive match or Casket match I think. Great to have Paul Bearer back =D.

On another note its funny since the creation of the HIAC PPV the match itself has already become shadow of its former self... the HIAC match was once a match to end a personal feud now its just another match, Sometimes I Don't think Vince will be happy until he ruins everything of the past.

I think that A Casket Match at the Royal Rumble would be great.

Funny isn't even the word. Sad is the word. I long for the days of this match being the end all to a feud.

Edited on 09/27/2010 12:34pm

Deadnight-Majin

[28]Sep 27, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:
    I long for the days of this match being the end all to a feud.
    Amen. I'm sorry, but Hell In A Cell needs blood.

telvisnostic

[29]Sep 27, 2010

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I didn'tmention anything about blood. But yeah blood in here would be good for the feud. They are very angry at each other. I'd like to see the cage used a bunch more too.

Deadnight-Majin

[30]Sep 27, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I didn'tmention anything about blood. But yeah blood in here would be good for the feud. They are very angry at each other. I'd like to see the cage used a bunch more too.

Sorry, that was meant to be on a separate paragraph. I'm often unclear when talking (well, writing) to you.

I agree that lots of Cage spots would be good.

One of the things that annoyed me about last year's show was that the best Orton/Cena spot was on Raw the week before.

Crulex1369

[31]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 26

EricDent1 wrote:
    Yeah Kama melted the Urn & made a chain out of it, but Paul made a new one that was bigger & more powerful when Taker took the chain back. This is the urn that somehow "summoned" the real Undertaker in that "Undertaker vs. Undertaker" match. I think they explained that Paul did not really "die" in the concrete, but he did suffer "serious injuries". This was on the SD after GAB. Not really sure why he is siding with Taker still, cause he has to be "annoyed" that Taker tried to "kill" him years ago. It could be a big "set-up" for Kane to get Paul back as a manager (since he is his "dad"). However since HIAC is Takers "match" (besides WM) I think that Taker somehow overcomes all the odds, and defeats Kane, and makes him "disapear" somehow.

I've got a theory on why Paul would side with Taker. It's a left-leaner, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Taker fought the Dudleys to save Paul, but then buried him in concrete anywaybecause he said he "had no choice". Storyline-wise,I assume that he didn't want Paul to be used against him or Paul to get hurt, so Taker took him out of the WWE out of compassion, not malice. Injurying him to save him is extreme, but I'd expect nothing less from Taker. When Paul recovered, he saw what Kane was doing, and decided that the revenge that he brought Kane in for was wrong after all, and that Kane was going too far, and decided to help Taker end Kane's misplacedvendetta by forgiving Taker and reuniting with him to give him the power he ended to stop the Big Red Machine.

telvisnostic

[32]Sep 27, 2010

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I didn't mention anything about blood. But yeah blood in here would be good for the feud. They are very angry at each other. I'd like to see the cage used a bunch more too.
    Sorry, that was meant to be on a separate paragraph. I'm often unclear when talking (well, writing) to you.

I agree that lots of Cage spots would be good.

One of the things that annoyed me about last year's show was that the best Orton/Cena spot was on Raw the week before.

It happens. I do think that some good cage spots (people don't have to fall off of it or go through it), but just using it to show that it is actually a HELL to be in that Cell.

Deadnight-Majin

[33]Sep 27, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:
    I do think that some good cage spots (people don't have to fall off of it or go through it), but just using it to show that it is actually a HELL to be in that Cell.
    Exactly.Throwing each other into the cage wall, dives into the opponent into the cage wall, and it would be nice to see a chokeslam and/or and RKO on top of the Cell.

Throw in some chair shots (obviously not to the head) and Stair shots in for good measure, maybe a table or too, some actual wrestling, and there you have it!

I really want my 'Hell In A Cell needs blood' theory to be disproved. Actually, I think the Edge vs Taker match was good, but for some reason I barely remember it.

GoofyGoober88

[34]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 16
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:
    I do think that some good cage spots (people don't have to fall off of it or go through it), but just using it to show that it is actually a HELL to be in that Cell.
    Exactly.Throwing each other into the cage wall, dives into the opponent into the cage wall, and it would be nice to see a chokeslam and/or and RKO on top of the Cell.

Throw in some chair shots (obviously not to the head) and Stair shots in for good measure, maybe a table or too, some actual wrestling, and there you have it!

I really want my 'Hell In A Cell needs blood' theory to be disproved. Actually, I think the Edge vs Taker match was good, but for some reason I barely remember it.

Taker vs Edge was great but again it was basically a TLC match in a cell..The cell didn't factor into it much. I Really don't think matches need blood to be great but the point of the HIAC match is that its brutal and it changes you and at the end of the match where both men are bloody and battered really drives home that fact. But IMO if Anyone can make a match seem brutal in PG it is Orton..not a fan of the guy but he made his & Cenas I quit match last year seem brutal as hell...which was cool cause it proved to everyone that PG isn't the thing making WWE badish .

ALLPR0

[35]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 12

telvisnostic wrote:

GoofyGoober88 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I think that A Casket Match at the Royal Rumble would be great.

Funny isn't even the word. Sad is the word. I long for the days of this match being the end all to a feud.

Yeah I know what your saying, I think on Raw this past Monday Cole said that there have only been 19 Hell in a Cell matches ever! That stat really surprised me because there seems like there have been many many more, but when I thought about it Hell in a Cell was always used as a special match to end big rivalries. Last year alone at the HIAC ppv there were three HIAC matches, so if that pace keeps up the match will lose almost all of its significance.

Edited on 09/28/2010 8:50am

Deadnight-Majin

[36]Sep 28, 2010

ALLPR0 wrote:
    I think on Raw this past Monday Cole said that there have only been 19 Hell in a Cell matches ever!
    I'm gonna try and do this from memory.

1) Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker (Bad Blood - 1997)

2) Undertaker and Stone Cold vs Mankind and Kane (Raw - 199

3) Undertaker vs Mankind (King Of The Ring - 199

4) Undertaker vs Big Boss Man (Wrestlemania 15 - 1999)

5) Triple H (c) vs Cactus Jack (WWF Championship vs Career - Now Way Out - 2000)

6) Kurt Angle (c) vs Stone Cold vs The Rock vs Undertaker vs Triple H vs Rikishi (WWF Championship - Armageddon - 2000)

7) Triple H vs Chris Jericho (Judgment Day 2002)

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Undertaker (WWE Championship - No Mercy - 2002)

9) Triple H (c) vs Kevin Nash (World Heavyweight Championship - Bad Blood - 2003)

10) Triple H vs Shawn Michaels (Bad Blood - 2004)

11) Batista (c) v Triple H (World Heavyweight Championship - Vengeance - 2005)

12) Undertaker vs Randy Orton (Armageddon - 2005)

13) Triple H and Shawn Michaels vs Vince Mcmahon, Shane Mcmahon and Big Show (Unforgiven - 2006)

14) Batista (c) vs Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship - Survivor Series - 2007)

15) Edge vs Undertaker (SummerSlam - 200

16) CM Punk (c) vs Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship - HIAC - 2009)

17) John Cena (c) vs) Randy Orton (WWE Championship - HIAC - 2009)

1 Triple H and Shawn Michaels vs Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes (HIAC - 2009)

19)

Wow, I'm impressed with myself. Anyone know which one I'm missing? I remember reading that Al Snow had some type of Kennel match (?), maybe that's the other one.

ALLPR0

[37]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 12

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ALLPR0 wrote:
    I think on Raw this past Monday Cole said that there have only been 19 Hell in a Cell matches ever!
    I'm gonna try and do this from memory.

1) Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker (Bad Blood - 1997)

2) Undertaker and Stone Cold vs Mankind and Kane (Raw - 199

3) Undertaker vs Mankind (King Of The Ring - 199

4) Undertaker vs Big Boss Man (Wrestlemania 15 - 1999)

5) Triple H (c) vs Cactus Jack (WWF Championship vs Career - Now Way Out - 2000)

6) Kurt Angle (c) vs Stone Cold vs The Rock vs Undertaker vs Triple H vs Rikishi (WWF Championship - Armageddon - 2000)

7) Triple H vs Chris Jericho (Judgment Day 2002)

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Undertaker (WWE Championship - No Mercy - 2002)

9) Triple H (c) vs Kevin Nash (World Heavyweight Championship - Bad Blood - 2003)

10) Triple H vs Shawn Michaels (Bad Blood - 2004)

11) Batista (c) v Triple H (World Heavyweight Championship - Vengeance - 2005)

12) Undertaker vs Randy Orton (Armageddon - 2005)

13) Triple H and Shawn Michaels vs Vince Mcmahon, Shane Mcmahon and Big Show (Unforgiven - 2006)

14) Batista (c) vs Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship - Survivor Series - 2007)

15) Edge vs Undertaker (SummerSlam - 200

16) CM Punk (c) vs Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship - HIAC - 2009)

17) John Cena (c) vs) Randy Orton (WWE Championship - HIAC - 2009)

1 Triple H and Shawn Michaels vs Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes (HIAC - 2009)

19)

Wow, I'm impressed with myself. Anyone know which one I'm missing? I remember reading that Al Snow had some type of Kennel match (?), maybe that's the other one.

Wow that really is impressive, have you seen all of those matches? I know I haven't even seen half of them either way great memory but I'm sorry I can't help you with your missing one. Also after seeing your list, even though Undertaker's record in HIAC matches might not be the greatest, I can defintly see why its considered one of 'his matches' because he pratically put the match on the map by being in 8 out of the 19

Edited on 09/28/2010 12:58pm

Deadnight-Majin

[38]Sep 28, 2010

ALLPR0 wrote:
    Wow that really is impressive, have you seen all of those matches? I know I haven't even seen half of them either way great memory but I'm sorry I can't help you with your missing one. Also after seeing your list, even though Undertaker's record in HIAC matches might not be the greatest, I can defintly see why its considered one of 'his matches' because he pratically put the match on the map by being in 8 out of the 19
    Just counted, I've seen 14 of those 18 matches. I haven't seen HHH vs Jericho, HHH vs HBK (I've always wanted to buy that on dvd, but have yet to do so) and Orton vs Undertaker. I think I may have actually seen all of Undertaker vs Boss Man, but I only remember the part where Edge and Christian get lowered from the rafters and Undertaker hangs Boss Man.

telvisnostic

[39]Sep 28, 2010

Undertaker vs Boss Man was one of the worst ending to a match ever.

Edited on 09/28/2010 1:33pm

Deadnight-Majin

[40]Sep 28, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:

Undertaker vs Boss Man was one of the worst ending to a match ever.

It was undeniably innovative.