WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

A Top WWE Star Considering Retirement (two names have been revealed)

telvisnostic

[1]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 52

Nick Paglino of Wrestlezone wrote:
    After speaking to a source in WWE earlier this evening, WrestleZone can now exclusively confirm that a top WWE star is strongly considering his retirement from the pro wrestling industry.

Out of respect to the superstar, who is still under contract with WWE, we will not be revealing his name at this point, however as the story continues to develop WZ will be providing more information. It should be noted that the wrestler in question is NOT Chris Jericho.

We have been told that the top star's contract is expiring with WWE in the very near future, and that he has several options on his plate outside of the pro wrestling world that he has a strong interest in exploring. We have also been told that if this wrestler does indeed leave WWE it will not be to jump ship to TNA, but rather to quit the wrestling business altogether and focus on other avenues.

WZ will continue to update this situation as it develops.

This is interesting. Who else acts in this company?

Edited on 10/17/2010 5:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lakmisdra

[2]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 8

telvisnostic wrote:

Nick Paglino of Wrestlezone wrote:
    After speaking to a source in WWE earlier this evening, WrestleZone can now exclusively confirm that a top WWE star is strongly considering his retirement from the pro wrestling industry.

Out of respect to the superstar, who is still under contract with WWE, we will not be revealing his name at this point, however as the story continues to develop WZ will be providing more information. It should be noted that the wrestler in question is NOT Chris Jericho.

We have been told that the top star's contract is expiring with WWE in the very near future, and that he has several options on his plate outside of the pro wrestling world that he has a strong interest in exploring. We have also been told that if this wrestler does indeed leave WWE it will not be to jump ship to TNA, but rather to quit the wrestling business altogether and focus on other avenues.

WZ will continue to update this situation as it develops.

This is interesting. Who else acts in this company?

Could it be Kane? It would seem to easy to guess him likely though because of the various reports that have had him leaving and his age.

Edited on 10/04/2010 1:02pm

telvisnostic

[3]Oct 4, 2010

Hmm, I never thought of that.

TwistofFate14

[4]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 15
    Maybe Undertaker?

telvisnostic

[5]Oct 4, 2010

He doesn't do much acting or anythig besides Real Estate, so I don't know about him.

Deadnight-Majin

[6]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 18

Kane or Edge.

lightning_kf

[7]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 36
    Kane or Taker. Has to be.

Raccoon1459

[8]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 22
    It's strange that the superstar, who's considering retirement, won't be going to TNA, because that's usually where most retired WWE superstars go. But whatever works for him.

Randyspeeps

[9]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 34
    As soon as I read that I thought Edge.

Hurricane1123

[10]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 34
    Nah I'm thinking Kane, it's most logical thing. He's been contemplating retirement for some time now and is currently at the top of the card on Smackdown.

Sofa_King1

[11]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 9
    It might not be a Smackdown wrestler...

Deadnight-Majin

[12]Oct 5, 2010

Sofa_King1 wrote:
    It might not be a Smackdown wrestler...
    I think it's just coincidence that the 3 most mentioned people are on SmackDown.

GoofyGoober88

[13]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 16

Kane stated before Summerslam that he don't plan to retire anytime soon. So I Think it may be Edge.

Edited on 10/05/2010 7:39pm

lakmisdra

[14]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 8

My whole reason for thinking Kane is that they won't say in order for respect of the person. If someone else is just having thoughts, it may not mean anything. However, if it were leaked to be Kane, they might take the title off of him right away.

ALLPR0

[15]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 12

I know he doesn't really do much acting neccesarily but due to his odd actions and the fact that his contract will be up soon, could it be Matt Hardy?

yooperchild

[16]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 28
    ALLPR0 wrote:

I know he doesn't really do much acting neccesarily but due to his odd actions and the fact that his contract will be up soon, could it be Matt Hardy?

He could devote more time to being a douche on Twitter that way....maybe that's why he started that weird "other Matt" blog!

superfive9

[17]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 4

I think it's Edge, or Big Show

Deadnight-Majin

[18]Oct 7, 2010

superfive9 wrote:

I think it's Edge, or Big Show

I would mark out so much if it was Big Show. I was ecstatic the first time he retired.

telvisnostic

[19]Oct 7, 2010

Looks like it might be someone that has not been posted on here that I know of...

Wrestlezone wrote:

In an update toa developing top story, WrestleZone can confirm that in addition to a big Smackdown name considering a WWE departure, there have been discussions between Rey Mysterio and WWE management regarding Mysterio's future in WWE.

According to a well-placed source in WWE who read our initial report, Mysterio has discussed with management several concerns he has regarding his character and the future of the Smackdown brand.

With stars like Shawn Michales, Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho seemingly out of the WWE picture, and with news that Triple H is not in any hurry to return to TV, we're being told that low locker room morale is continuing to see fallout.

"There's a real sense of disappointment in WWE right now," our source told us, "paychecks are down, from pay per view bonuses to merchandise royalties. Only the very top guys are making great money, and it's the guys underneath who are really feeling the pinch right now."

Smackdown's first rating on Syfy wasn't a morale booster, either. The show registered a 1.7 cable rating, averaging 2.5 million viewers over the course of the two-hour broadcast. WWE was expecting, and openly talking about scoring at least a 2.0 for the live edition of the show. The Smackdown locker room is concerned what will happen after the initial week's hype and publicity for the live cablecast."

Mysterio still has considerable time left on his contract, but he's a prominent star who is addressing his concerns with the company. "With Matt Hardy obviously wanting out, and Chris Jericho leaving so publicly," our WWE insider told us, "it's going to be hardfor WWE managementto maintain the happy face mentality much longer."

JandSman

[20]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 32
    I don't see why moral is so down they're a lot of superstars being built right now like Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, JoMo, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, and The Miz. I see this time period as like 1993 or 1994. The show is not that great but they're in a development period and in like 2 or 3 years it will be amazing.