WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Alberto Del Rio-Concussed

telvisnostic

[1]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 52

Cory Radfor wrote:
    As I stated when I started "Cory Unfiltered" this is mainly a football blog. But also I stated I would have professional wrestling thoughts and breaking news from time to time. Like when I broke that the 2012 Royal Rumble would take place in St.Louis months before the WWE made the announcement.

Now I have more breaking news that none of the dirt sheets, none of the insider wrestling websites know or have reported.

According to a source very close to the situation, I can confirm that WWE superstar Alberto Del Rio suffered what is being told to me as a "serious concussion" at the company's Smackdown Tapings on Tuesday June 5th. Kane had to replace Del Rio in the "dark match" main event against Sheamus in a Steel Cage. Kane has replaced Del Rio on the Smackdown house shows for the next week against Sheamus. As of right now there are many high ranking figures in the WWE that do not believe Del Rio will receive medical clearance for June 17th, the date of the WWE Pay-Per-View "No Way Out" in which Del Rio is scheduled to wrestle Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship. There is contingency plans being discussed as to who would replace Del Rio at No Way Out, including pulling Kane from the WWE Championship triple threat match against WWE Champion C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan and placing Kane in a World Heavyweight Championship match with Sheamus. Other plans are to hold a Battle Royal or a "Beat the Clock" series at the June 11th Smackdown tapings to determine Sheamus' opponent at No Way Out. Word is that VinceMcMahon and Triple H are becoming worried that Alberto Del Rio can not be relied due to injury concerns and is being compared to "Mr.Kennedy" (TNA's Mr.Anderson) backstage.

Cory Radford

Prowrestling.net has confirmed it.

Edited on 06/11/2012 12:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Crulex1369

[2]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 26
    Ouch. That's a shame. I hate to say it, but with all the boys in the back getting hurt all of a sudden, the young guns like Cody and Ziggler better step like there's no tomorrow. And what is it with the Mr. Kennedy thing, by the way? After he left WWE, I think I've only heard of him getting hurt once in TNA.

Randyspeeps

[3]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 34
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    Ouch. That's a shame. I hate to say it, but with all the boys in the back getting hurt all of a sudden, the young guns like Cody and Ziggler better step like there's no tomorrow. And what is it with the Mr. Kennedy thing, by the way? After he left WWE, I think I've only heard of him getting hurt once in TNA.
    I believe the lighter travel schedule may have something to do with it.

telvisnostic

[4]Jun 11, 2012

Crulex1369 wrote:
    He did,he got concussed badly and some other things.

It's Ziggler's time and he should be a permanent fixture on Smackdown.

Raccoon1459

[5]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 22

Boy, there have never been this many injuries in the past. What happened?

telvisnostic

[6]Jun 12, 2012

I blame it on the 'SuperShow' thing.