WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Funny Randy Orton interview

Randyspeeps

[1]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 34

Here's a Randy Orton interview that I thought was funny and very revealing.

http://randy-orton.com/2011/06/randy-talks-with-98-kupd-arizonas-real-rock/

FAKE!

Edited on 08/01/2011 6:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JandSman

[2]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 32
    I thought it was funny to but some of it wasn't appropriate like saying that plently of people have had sex with Kelly Kelly and him making fun of Khali.

Deadnight-Majin

[3]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 18

Thanks for posting the link Speeps, I've read about it but I haven't heard it yet. Sounds a but more risque than one would expect from a top WWE guy in this era.

* It's cool that he's good friends with Santino.

* at him not being a fan of Fozzy. First wrestler I've heard say that.

Edited on 06/29/2011 2:04pm

qfrodri85

[4]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 27
    Kelly Kelly didn't sleep with him, so that explains him accusing her.

telvisnostic

[5]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 52

JandSman wrote:
    I thought it was funny to but some of it wasn't appropriate like saying that plenty of people have had sex with Kelly Kelly and him making fun of Khali.
    I agree there.

The part about the Rock not being a better talker than John had me laughing. Because I don't think he's a better talker, he's just good. I laughed at the part about him saying he's blocky or something like that. And the part where he talks about being a wrestler was good (him poking fun at it).

The drug overdose I knew about. The concussions thing, take it easy there.

Edited on 06/29/2011 3:47pm

telvisnostic

[6]Jun 29, 2011

qfrodri85 wrote:
    Kelly Kelly didn't sleep with him, so that explains him accusing her.
    Correct there.

Randyspeeps

[7]Jun 29, 2011
    I loved the interview. The one thing I didn't like was him being up Cena's ass. I like the fact that he tells it like it is. He has no filter. He's a straight shooter whether you like it or not.

JLe1223

[8]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 20
    telvisnostic wrote:

JandSman wrote:
    I thought it was funny to but some of it wasn't appropriate like saying that plenty of people have had sex with Kelly Kelly and him making fun of Khali.
    I agree there.

The part about the Rock not being a better talker than John had me laughing. Because I don't think he's a better talker, he's just good. I laughed at the part about him saying he's blocky or something like that. And the part where he talks about being a wrestler was good (him poking fun at it).

Cena stopped being good on the mic YEARS ago.......

Randyspeeps

[9]Jun 29, 2011

Kelly Kelly wrote the following on Twitter, apparently in response to Randy Orton's disparaging comments about her yesterday during a radio interview. "The best way to fight stupidity, is by ignoring it."

Source: Rajah.com

The truth hurts Kelly.

Edited on 06/29/2011 7:38pm

telvisnostic

[10]Jun 29, 2011

JLe1223 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    I agree there.

Actually, I think he's still good, it's just what he says is just terrible.

superfive9

[11]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 4

Randyspeeps wrote:

Kelly Kelly wrote the following on Twitter, apparently in response to Randy Orton's disparaging comments about her yesterday during a radio interview. "The best way to fight stupidity, is by ignoring it."

Source: Rajah.com

The truth hurts Kelly.

And she didn't ignore it either

Edited on 06/29/2011 8:53pm

JandSman

[12]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 32
    telvisnostic wrote:

JLe1223 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    I agree there.

Actually, I think he's still good, it's just what he says is just terrible.

In his defense Cena is over worked and has lots of restrictions on what he can and can't say, so with all that factoring in i still think he does a great job on the Mic. Sure some of the stuff he says is childish but WWE is now directed towards childs so he is doing a good job at what WWE wants.

qfrodri85

[13]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 27
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    He has no filter. He's a straight shooter whether you like it or not.
    And the Emmy (Outstand Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series) goes to...

Orton a real shooter? Shane Douglas, CM Punk, Iron Sheik and many others would be laughing at this idea. Sure Orton could unleash truths, but he wouldn't be that entertaining to begin with.

Deadnight-Majin

[14]Jun 30, 2011
    • level: 18

Randyspeeps wrote:
    I loved the interview. The one thing I didn't like was him being up Cena's ass. I like the fact that he tells it like it is. He has no filter. He's a straight shooter whether you like it or not.
    I enjoyed it too. He was criticial of Cena's wrestling ability, which surprised me.

As for the promo compliments, I personally think Cena has a good presence on the mic, but spouts garbage. It was what he says that Orton was praising him for, so I have to disagree.

telvisnostic

[15]Jul 14, 2011

There's a report that says he's got heat on him for the Kelly comment, but because he's so high up on the food chain, there will not be any repercussions.

Various sites wrote:
    --Randy Orton garnered a lot of heat from both talent and company officials regarding alarming comments he made two weeks ago during an interview with Phoenix, Arizona based rock station 98KUPD. "The Viper" candidly discussed his past drug abuse, knocked the actresses who have portrayed his wife on television, claimed The Rock needs a teleprompter to cut his promos and besmirched Divas Champion Kelly Kelly.

One WWE source noted that if a mid-level wrestler uttered a quarter of the startling remarks Orton made, he would be due for an "MVP/Carlito like career burial." However, Orton is able to get away without facing repercussions because he's considered one of the company's "big three golden boys."

His comments regarding Kelly garnered a unanimously negative reaction. While she has been romantically linked to numerous wrestlers, many feel he shouldn't have made it public since it goes against the wholesome image WWE portrays her and other female performers. Many people also consider Kelly a genuinely nice person and didn't deserve to be singled out as promiscuous.

Spured on by the show hosts, Orton implied that he could name ten wrestlers who have slept with Kelly. He later issued a formal apology to her via Twitter.--

Crulex1369

[16]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 26
    Is there such a thing as a formal apology on Twitter? The same place that people tell complete strangers that they just bought shoes, had a workout and went to Burger King?

Hurricane1123

[17]Jul 14, 2011
    I like Orton, I really do, but saying those kinds of things about Kelly Kelly? I don't care whether they're truth or not, you just don't say those things on a live interview.

telvisnostic

[18]Jul 14, 2011

Crulex1369 wrote:
    Is there such a thing as a formal apology on Twitter? The same place that people tell complete strangers that they just bought shoes, had a workout and went to Burger King?
    I guess they mean that no one prompted him to do it, at least not his bosses.

ice_edge

[19]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 13
    And he was so careful during the interview to not get into trouble and yet they always do haha unless they are like hogan and just play character..

And about the Rock....well let just say he was just player hating because he knows The Rock is best talker in the industry and because he did not come to him and main event at mania 28. Boy people are so jealous of Dwayne. And I knew it. Many still think of Rock as sell out. That brand will not disappear for long time. Oily stuff and him having it was pretty funny.