WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Head Writer of Smackdown In Danger of Losing His Job?

telvisnostic

[1]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 52

According to Wrestlezone he is.

Wrestlezone wrote:
    As reports of shake-ups within WWE creative continue to surface, PWTorch.com is reporting that Smackdown head writer Michael Hayes may be in danger of losing his job.

Chris DeJoseph, who was released from the Smackdown creative team recently, was said to be Hayes' right hand man, and since he left the brand, the Friday night show has been drawing very low ratings, and some of the worst since the show's move to Syfy.

Furthermore, it's being said that younger, non-main event talent always preferred working on Smackdown in the past as it allowed for more career growth. However, Michael Hayes has been booking the show to focus mainly around veteran talent as of late, with only a few exceptions being made for younger talent.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 22
    If Hayes wants to help improve the ratings, but more importantly, keep his job, he better start turning things around.

telvisnostic

[3]Dec 9, 2010

I agree, it's time to get fresh and incorporate the young up and comers with the vets to get fans to see them as legit in the long term.

Edited on 12/09/2010 3:20pm

Deadnight-Majin

[4]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 18

I think a Kofi vs Kane title feud could have been great. They had a match earlier this year that I really enjoyed, and Kofi is great when he's in feuds that allow him to show more aggression.

lightning_kf

[5]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 36
    Get Michael Cole and his useless butt off SmackDown for one. And actually work on making the young guys look good against the veterans.

Those right there could start.

Randyspeeps

[6]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:

I agree, it's time to get fresh and incorporate the young up and comers with the vets to get fans to see them as legit in the long term.

I wonder if he's turned his attention to the veterans in order to try and save his job?

It's easier to work with established superstars, than try to build up and coming ones.

Raccoon1459

[7]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 22

I just hope he didn't lose his job. It's Christmastime, which is the worst, possible time to lose a job.

telvisnostic

[8]Dec 11, 2010

Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I wonder if he's turned his attention to the veterans in order to try and save his job? It's easier to work with established superstars, than try to build up and coming ones.
    That my be true, but if you trust your vets, then you can have them work with the young guys. Edge (supposedly plans to retire in a year or 2), Kane, Undertaker (injury prone), Rey (who is injured yet again) and others will not be around forever.

JandSman

[9]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 32
    Right now i think that Michael Hayes needs to be demoted because in 2009 or 2008 i thought SD was better then Raw in a lot of ways. Ever since Kane won the title and only faced off against veterans i have been losing interest. And i don't think its Kane's fault because i have been waiting for Kane to get a major title lengthy reign. I think it's because SD is being booked wrong and right now it's true Raw is pushing the new youngs while SD is falling behind at the Royal Rumble we could see The Miz vs JoMo for the WWE Title.

lightning_kf

[10]Dec 16, 2010
    Last week's SmackDown had that midget and the eagle...IN A MATCH.

That's something you'd expect to see from Raw than anything else. Combine that with some young guys getting screwed out of airtime, veterans getting the spotlight constantly and seamlessly boring main-event feuds and we can see why SmackDown has gone down in quality.

ice_edge

[11]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 13
    They need to start keeping it real if you know what I mean?

hockeydude29

[12]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 9

They should fire him and hire me.

Sofa_King1

[13]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    The writer of what? What do they write exactly? Christmas CARROTS?? The Creative team search for new talent to sign contracts to and help Vince control management, they don't write lines or anything like that.A

JakeFrato

[14]Dec 25, 2010
    • level: 7

I saw this thread, and i was like, who did Micheal Hayes call the N Word this time? In all serious, this guy is what ruining smackdown. Sure we all love Edge and Kane and Rey as world heavyweight champion, but what we need to do is start seeing the newer talent with the belts. We need to get used to seeing what we will be experiencing in 5-10 years!

Edited on 12/25/2010 4:35pm

yooperchild

[15]Dec 25, 2010
    • level: 28
    JakeFrato wrote:

I saw this thread, and i was like, who did Micheal Hayes call the N Word this time? In all serious, this guy is what ruining smackdown. Sure we all love Edge and Kane and Rey as world heavyweight champion, but what we need to do is start seeing the newer talent with the belts. We need to get used to seeing what we will be experiencing in 5-10 years!

In all fairness to Michael Hayes, look over on RAW. Miz has the belt and people haven't shut up about how crappy of a champion he is, when he's barely held it for a month. People don't really want new talent with the belt...they want the talent they like with the belt.

JakeFrato

[16]Dec 26, 2010
    • level: 7

yooperchild wrote:
    JakeFrato wrote:

In all fairness to Michael Hayes, look over on RAW. Miz has the belt and people haven't shut up about how crappy of a champion he is, when he's barely held it for a month. People don't really want new talent with the belt...they want the talent they like with the belt.

Those people that hate seeing Miz with the belt are the same people hating Nexus for taking out Cena. They are people who cant understand orPhaethonchange.

telvisnostic

[17]Dec 27, 2010

yooperchild wrote:
    I agree. I was one that would have loved to see MVP as a champion. Honestly, I think he probably would have been given a **** run and they would have Swaggered him.

I do think that when someone is over with the fans (heel or not), not just with the political pundits backstage, they should at least get a sniff at it. It doesn't have to be a run, but just one match against the champ would be good.

lightning_kf

[18]Dec 28, 2010
    telvisnostic wrote:

yooperchild wrote:
    I agree. I was one that would have loved to see MVP as a champion. Honestly, I think he probably would have been given a **** run and they would have Swaggered him.

I do think that when someone is over with the fans (heel or not), not just with the political pundits backstage, they should at least get a sniff at it. It doesn't have to be a run, but just one match against the champ would be good.

Too bad POLITICS will ruin that. I.E: CM Punk in 2008.
    That title reign was terrible.