WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

March 11, 2011 Smackdown Discussion

Hurricane1123

[21]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 34
    So does anybody think Triple H and Undertaker can top their Wrestlemania 17 match exactly ten years ago in Houston. Surprised they haven't brought up the fact that Taker has beaten Triple H exactly a decade ago because I think that historical piece could definitely make this feud much more meaningful.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[22]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 52

I enjoyed that match with Rey and boring as drool guy. Rhodes is probably on his way to becoming a big star. I hope he wins the IC Title and holds it for a long time.

Wrestlemania 17, we know it happened. Shame they refuse to mention it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXmItxUs-_Q

telvisnostic

[23]Mar 11, 2011

Hurricane1123 wrote:
    So does anybody think Triple H and Undertaker can top their Wrestlemania 17 match exactly ten years ago in Houston. Surprised they haven't brought up the fact that Taker has beaten Triple H exactly a decade ago because I think that historical piece could definitely make this feud much more meaningful.
    I agree, I would love to have them mention it, but rumor has it, they are told to not mention it at all. The way they talk about Shawn, it's as if he's either dead or has a match that night.

telvisnostic

[24]Mar 11, 2011

A Striker sighting again.

Hurricane1123

[25]Mar 11, 2011
    telvisnostic wrote:

Hurricane1123 wrote:
    I agree, I would love to have them mention it, but rumor has it, they are told to not mention it at all. The way they talk about Shawn, it's as if he's either dead or has a match that night.

Maybe they're not going to mention it because they feel that it could portray Triple H as vulnerable and someone who can be beat. Or maybe Undertaker will mention it this Monday on Raw.

lightning_kf

[26]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 36
    Why does this Brodus Clay look like King Kong Bundy for some reason?

Hurricane1123

[27]Mar 11, 2011
    Also I just noticed, what's Justin Roberts doing on Smackdown, what happened to Tony Chimel?

JandSman

[28]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 32
    telvisnostic wrote:

Hurricane1123 wrote:

I think this years WM, Undertaker vs HHH match could top the one from WM 17 it will be hard espically with Undertaker's injury but with it being No Holds Barred it might work out better.

telvisnostic

[29]Mar 11, 2011

Hurricane1123 wrote:
    Maybe they're not going to mention it because they feel that it could portray Triple H as vulnerable and someone who can be beat. Or maybe Undertaker will mention it this Monday on Raw.
    If they show clips of his promo that lead up to the match, I think it would be different. None of his fans woul think that and Undertaker fans will say he'd demolish him.

telvisnostic

[30]Mar 11, 2011

lightning_kf wrote:
    Why does this Brodus Clay look like King Kong Bundy for some reason?
    His shape. I really thought of One Man Gang when I saw him.

telvisnostic

[31]Mar 11, 2011

JandSman wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    I think this years WM, Undertaker vs HHH match could top the one from WM 17 it will be hard espically with Undertaker's injury but with it being No Holds Barred it might work out better.
    And who knows how much shape Helsmley is in? The No Holds Barred match will hide both their weaknesses. They will do it nice and slow and then tell a great story. I see them either main eventing, or being the second to last match at the show.

JLe1223

[32]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 20
    Rey- The 619 is back yay!!!!!!

Drew- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Deadnight-Majin

[33]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 18

Maybe Trips and Undertaker are planning to work exactly the same match they did at X7. That would explain them currently pretending that match didn't happen.

And I don't think they will top it. That was a really good match, and I don't know what they can do 10 years later that they didn't do then, especially considering how crippled they both are. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong though.

Raccoon1459

[34]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 22

They're certainly making a man of Brodus Clay's size look bad.

Crulex1369

[35]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 26
    I really like where they are going with Cody's character. His whole "pretty but psycho like Vega" thing is really good. The only thing that gets me is that, yes, it is mental, but I'd still have liked it if he wore a mask that didn't show that he isn't scarred. I just don't like it because, what is he going to do when this angle ends? Get beaten so hard that he thinks he's pretty again?