TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

MVP news

MVP should...

telvisnostic

[1]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 52

Wrestlezone wrote:
    As the behind-the-scenes story of MVP and his current WWE situation continues to unfold, WrestleZone has learned some new information from several well placed WWE sources.

MVP's push in WWE has been at a stalemate for quite some time now, which has left fans puzzled as to why the superstar has not been given a better spot in the company.

From what we've been told, MVP's WWE situation is best described as a "double-edged sword." MVP is a convicted felon who spent 9 years in prison prior to signing with WWE. On the one hand, WWE likes to use MVP's story to its advantage as the company likes the idea of having a "feel-good" story to run with in order to promote a more philanthropic image. MVP has turned his life around, devotes a lot of his time to charity and has maintained a high profile job with WWE. This is an attractive story the company can use if necessary.

On the other hand, however, MVP's past ultimately limits him. With the political environment as it is in WWE at the moment, the fear is that if the company pushes MVP too high it could prove to be detrimental should anyone decide to criticize WWE for hiring a convicted felon.

Additionally, WZ has been told that Vince McMahon doesn't like MVP as a heel, and given MVP's past the only way a true heel turn could work for him would be if creative went all the way with the turn and made light of his time spent in prison. Given WWE's current PG setting, that idea is highly unlikely. While it's true that MVP's jail time has been mentioned on WWE TV in the past, it was well before WWE made the full move to a PG rated product.

From what WZ has been told, there is no one singular incident which has accounted for MVP's lack of push, nor is there any heat on him for any specific reason. "This is not a Matt Hardy situation," said a WWE creative team member, "MVP is not being punished nor does he have any heat on him, it's more a matter of creative being limited in what it can pitch for MVP given his past and WWE's current political landscape."

WZ has been told that MVP is set to meet with Vince McMahon within the coming days to address both his current situation and his future, so we will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
    I don't get how he couldn't be a heel without being a gangster. The original MVP gimmick was gold. They could have rode that for decades. I really like MVP and it's a shame that because the booker's have no idea with what to do with him, that he's being saddled as a face that not many people care about. I sure don't. He's a natural heel.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Deadnight-Majin

[2]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 18

He should shave his head.

Y'know, staying in the mid card wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Randyspeeps

[3]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 34
    He's basically a victim of Linda McMahons aspirations. That's really sad.

Deadnight-Majin

[4]Oct 18, 2010

Randyspeeps wrote:
    In a world without Linda McMahons political campaign, there's a good chance MVP still wouldn't have ascended above the mid card.

enervator

[5]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 38

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    In a world without Linda McMahons political campaign, there's a good chance MVP still wouldn't have ascended above the mid card.

True, but it still seems a bit crazy when they can't push talent because Linda wants to run for office.

And I love it that Vince doesn't like MVP as a heel. That seems to go against the opinion of everyone I've ever heard talk about MVP, but of course, Vince knows better than all of us what we really want.

Crulex1369

[6]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 26
    "On the one hand, WWE likes to use MVP's story to its advantage as the company likes the idea of having a "feel-good" story to run with in order to promote a more philanthropic image. MVP has turned his life around, devotes a lot of his time to charity and has maintained a high profile job with WWE. This is an attractive story the company can use if necessary."

So what if Linda is running? It's not like WWE doesn't get attacked anyway. Ignore the bull and let him run with this, if he can. In fact, if they like the feel good story so much, why not team him up with R-Truth? He did some time and turned his life around too. I know it's still a random tag team, but the tag division needs something. Rhodes and Drew can't do it alone once the Harts break up.

Raccoon1459

[7]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 22
    How did MVP end up in prison?

telvisnostic

[8]Oct 19, 2010

It was for armed roberry and kidnapping.

telvisnostic

[9]Oct 19, 2010

Crulex1369 wrote:
    "On the one hand, WWE likes to use MVP's story to its advantage as the company likes the idea of having a "feel-good" story to run with in order to promote a more philanthropic image. MVP has turned his life around, devotes a lot of his time to charity and has maintained a high profile job with WWE. This is an attractive story the company can use if necessary."

So what if Linda is running? It's not like WWE doesn't get attacked anyway. Ignore the bull and let him run with this, if he can. In fact, if they like the feel good story so much, why not team him up with R-Truth? He did some time and turned his life around too. I know it's still a random tag team, but the tag division needs something. Rhodes and Drew can't do it alone once the Harts break up.

No more putting people in tag teams because they don't know what to do with them. He's good enough to stand alone. It's this company's own fault that they can't find something interesting for him to do as a heel.

qfrodri85

[10]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 27
    Lol @ MVP and Truth for a tag team since they used to be felons.

telvisnostic

[11]Oct 23, 2010

I wonder what their name will be? Nailz has already been taken. Maybe "Tough As Nailz" will do?

Update:

Wrestlezone wrote:
    Over the past several weeks, WrestleZone has been exclusively reporting that WWE Smackdown star MVP is unhappy with his current position in WWE, and that he has even considered retiring from the business when his contract expires with the company. You can read several of our exclusive reports if you CLICK HERE.

In an update to our ongoing coverage of MVP's current WWE status, PWTorch.com is now reporting that MVP has developed backstage heat in WWE for expressing his frustration that he has with younger stars being pushed in his place. It's being said that there are a number of veterans in the WWE locker room who are frustrated that they are not being pushed, and instead are being brushed aside in favor of WWE's "youth movement."

JLe1223

[12]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 20

That really stinks for MVP, I really like him and feel that he deserves more than what he's getting right now. He should really throw acid on the writers faces and demand that he should be elevated to the topTongue out

Sofa_King1

[13]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    I wouldn't complain if I was him. Atleast WWE welcomed him into the company with open arms.

Deadnight-Majin

[14]Oct 24, 2010

Sofa_King1 wrote:
    I wouldn't complain if I was him. Atleast WWE welcomed him into the company with open arms.
    I don't think he has anything to complain about either.

Sofa_King1

[15]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Sofa_King1 wrote:
    I don't think he has anything to complain about either.

To add to it, I also don't think people should complain for his status.. for the same reason mentioned.