WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

October 15, 2010 Friday Night Smackdown Official Discussion!

telvisnostic

[21]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 52

ALLPR0 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    That looked like a High Angle Spinebuster, that Edge did.
    I'm not sure if it's a techinical name, but I think it may be called a spearbuster. Also Reks will probably just be the guy on Smackdown to take the pin. I don't get why they would have a guy who many people probably don't even remember take the place of a popular and unique star such as Kaval. The last time I remeber seeing Reks was when I attended a Smackdown last February and he and Archer beat Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang in a pre-dark match. Other than that, I really liked this episode of Smackdown.
    That could be a new name or HugOfDoomBuster.

Reks has been doing House shows working with and I think losing to Kaval at times. I think they were just looking for a way to make him interesting, which they did. His finisher is a fun one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Deadnight-Majin

[22]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 18

I think Reks will lose his spot to Kaval on next week's SmackDown.

And Reks indeed has an awesome finisher.

ALLPR0

[23]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 12

telvisnostic wrote:

ALLPR0 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    That looked like a High Angle Spinebuster, that Edge did.
    I'm not sure if it's a techinical name, but I think it may be called a spearbuster. Also Reks will probably just be the guy on Smackdown to take the pin. I don't get why they would have a guy who many people probably don't even remember take the place of a popular and unique star such as Kaval. The last time I remeber seeing Reks was when I attended a Smackdown last February and he and Archer beat Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang in a pre-dark match. Other than that, I really liked this episode of Smackdown.
    That could be a new name or HugOfDoomBuster.

Reks has been doing House shows working with and I think losing to Kaval at times. I think they were just looking for a way to make him interesting, which they did. His finisher is a fun one.

I actually thought that was one of Edge's better spears but his normal running ones are really weak. I guess if Reks and Kaval started a rivalry it at least be interesting. I'm just tired of seeing Kaval and Bryan get shafted because there "rookies" as far as the WWE is concerned. Which is odd because Del Rio and Sheamus are relativly new still and got immense pushes, don't get me wrong I still like both of them but are they only pushing heels now? I guess it goes better with their characters so the good guys who got pummled the whole time eventually overcome the odds to win. To finish on a sidenote I'm actually suprised they'd let Reks do a move which looks as possibly dangerous as that, I think it's called a death valley driver.

telvisnostic

[24]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 52

ALLPR0 wrote:
    I actually thought that was one of Edge's better spears but his normal running ones are really weak. I guess if Reks and Kaval started a rivalry it at least be interesting. I'm just tired of seeing Kaval and Bryan get shafted because there "rookies" as far as the WWE is concerned. Which is odd because Del Rio and Sheamus are relatively new still and got immense pushes, don't get me wrong I still like both of them but are they only pushing heels now? I guess it goes better with their characters so the good guys who got pummeled the whole time eventually overcome the odds to win. To finish on a sidenote I'm actually surprised they'd let Reks do a move which looks as possibly dangerous as that, I think it's called a death valley driver.
    I think that when Edge runs to do his spears, he always looks like he's running in slow motion for some reason.

As for Kaval losing, not everyone who gets called up will be put in high profile matches right away. Sheamus from what I read got called up to RAW due to how well he worked with Goldust. He may have won the big one, but man did they not treat him like a Champion. They booked him in a way that at times, was just there for fodder to the other guys, much like Swagger (his was just terrible).

Del Rio is just that damn good. He has the look, promo skills and other things that makes him stand out. Only time will tell if they sour on him.

Reks move reminds me of a Reverse TKO, but it is a Torture Rack thing made into a DDT variation at the end. The DVD is different.

Edited on 10/18/2010 3:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.