WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

October 8, 2010 Friday Night Smackdown Official Discussion!

telvisnostic

[21]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 52

ballin1347 wrote:
    Kane got a much needed push and Goldust is getting a much needed push. They really needed those. So to be fair and objective, before MVP gets a push, he needs to turn heel so he can start going somewhere with his character.
    I agree. MVP needs a turn soon, very soon and to get rid of that stupid ass Ballin' Elbow Drop.

Edited on 10/08/2010 7:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ALLPR0

[22]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 12

Wow great match between Del Rio and Mysterio, I'm glad Mysterio won clean there to.

Just noticed your sig there to Deadnight-Majin

Edited on 10/08/2010 7:01pm

ALLPR0

[23]Oct 8, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:

ALLPR0 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Why are there 3 commentators? Other than that, this is one hell of a match.
    Just tuned in, what is Cole doing on Smackdown? I got last week because it was Smackdowns big premiere on scifi and was live but tonight? WWE really must want to get him over as a heel to have him on both shows now.
    The reports are saying that McMahon is not high on Grisham and loves Cole. Cole is more interesting on this show than RAW for some reason.

Del Rio's tights are awful. Just awful. I'm digging the match. It would have been perfect for a PPV. *sigh*

Why does Rey wrestler with the velcro off of his mask? Wouldn't that make it easier for the other wrestlers to pull it off?

I actually agree with him on that. I never liked Todd very much, his announcing seems forced at times like he's trying to come up with something witty but it just doesn't quite seem to work like it does for Striker. Half of the time he seems kind of monotone to, Josh Mattews should take his place if you ask me though he had good chemistry with Cole on NXT

ballin1347

[24]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 18
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ...and to get rid of that stupid ass Ballin' Elbow Drop.

I resent that!

JandSman

[25]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 32
    telvisnostic wrote:

ballin1347 wrote:
    Kane got a much needed push and Goldust is getting a much needed push. They really needed those. So to be fair and objective, before MVP gets a push, he needs to turn heel so he can start going somewhere with his character.
    I agree. MVP needs a turn soon, very soon and to get rid of that stupid ass Ballin' Elbow Drop.

I think MVP should turn heel but i think he could keep the Ballin' Elbow Drop.

telvisnostic

[26]Oct 8, 2010

ALLPR0 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ALLPR0 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Why are there 3 commentators? Other than that, this is one hell of a match.
    Just tuned in, what is Cole doing on Smackdown? I got last week because it was Smackdowns big premiere on scifi and was live but tonight? WWE really must want to get him over as a heel to have him on both shows now.
    The reports are saying that McMahon is not high on Grisham and loves Cole. Cole is more interesting on this show than RAW for some reason.

Del Rio's tights are awful. Just awful. I'm digging the match. It would have been perfect for a PPV. *sigh*

Why does Rey wrestler with the velcro off of his mask? Wouldn't that make it easier for the other wrestlers to pull it off?

I actually agree with him on that. I never liked Todd very much, his announcing seems forced at times like he's trying to come up with something witty but it just doesn't quite seem to work like it does for Striker. Half of the time he seems kind of monotone to, Josh Mattews should take his place if you ask me though he had good chemistry with Cole on NXT
    Todd to me is fine. Striker and Cole's stuff sounds more forced than trying to get a 3 foot high hoagie into your mouth.

Absolutely fantabulous match tonight. First the opener, then the IC one and this one. Keep it up SD. Now if only the filler stuff wasn't so stupid. I'm looking at you Hornswoggle and MMc/Layla.

telvisnostic

[27]Oct 8, 2010

ballin1347 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I resent that!
    That's a face move. You can't keep that as a heel. And plus, IMO, it's stupid.

Hurricane1123

[28]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 34

Really relieved that Smackdown isn't going with the shorter matches/more entertainment formula that was originally planned for the show. We already have one Raw, why do we want another. I was disappointed with the tag match, but the main event between Del Rio and Rey Rey was very good. I'm glad Dos Caras Jr. jumped right in to Smackdown then going in to NXT because he's too good for the Tuesday night show.

I also agree with Telvis that Michael Cole is a lot more tolerable on Smackdown than he is on Raw. I don't know what McMahon sees in Cole but the guy just plain sucks as a commentator/character.

Edited on 10/08/2010 7:46pm

yooperchild

[29]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 28

I could not love the Swagger Soaring Eagle more...the Eagles standing in the background miming stuff as Swagger was talking was hysterical to me.

I could not hate Michael Cole more if I tried. Give me Vince McMahon AND Mark Madden AND Steve McMichael commentating all at the same time at this point and I'dpreferit over Cole.

Edited on 10/08/2010 10:52pm

Raccoon1459

[30]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 22
    Frankly, I'm disappointed that Del Rio lost the match. I was hoping that his undefeated streak would have lasted longer than it did. Damn you, Mysterio!!!

ballin1347

[31]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 18
    telvisnostic wrote:

ballin1347 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I resent that!

I actually meant that as a pun. Look at my username

ALLPR0

[32]Oct 9, 2010

Hurricane1123 wrote:

Really relieved that Smackdown isn't going with the shorter matches/more entertainment formula that was originally planned for the show. We already have one Raw, why do we want another. I was disappointed with the tag match, but the main event between Del Rio and Rey Rey was very good. I'm glad Dos Caras Jr. jumped right in to Smackdown then going in to NXT because he's too good for the Tuesday night show.

I also agree with Telvis that Michael Cole is a lot more tolerable on Smackdown than he is on Raw. I don't know what McMahon sees in Cole but the guy just plain sucks as a commentator/character.

Yeah RAW would have let Mysterio and Del Rio put on a great match for ten minutes, but then would have had Sheamus or someone run down and obliterate both of them so that he could make a point to Orton or something. Smackdown actually gave us what is so rare on free WWE tv now a days a main event match which ended cleanly.

telvisnostic

[33]Oct 9, 2010

ballin1347 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ballin1347 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I resent that!
    I actually meant that as a pun. Look at my username
    Then put an emoticon next to it man.

Raccoon1459

[34]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 22
    I missed Edge being on Smackdown. I'm glad the GM of Raw decided to send him there.

Randyspeeps

[35]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 34
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Frankly, I'm disappointed that Del Rio lost the match. I was hoping that his undefeated streak would have lasted longer than it did. Damn you, Mysterio!!!
    I'm happy they aren't going with the typical "undefeated" streak to debut new wrestlers.

No Undertaker

Crulex1369

[36]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 26

yooperchild wrote:

I could not love the Swagger Soaring Eagle more...the Eagles standing in the background miming stuff as Swagger was talking was hysterical to me.

I thought I was the only one who loved the Swagger Soaring Eagle!