WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Official Matt Hardy thread

qfrodri85

[141]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 27
    Different videos, Majin. On yours, Rey's face is barely noticeable, unlike the recent Matt video.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[142]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 52

qfrodri85 wrote:
    One of my friends is saying that on another board (without an exact source) that the reason WWE finally fired Matt Hardy was because he posted a video of Rey Mysterio unmasked. If that's true, lol. That's a big no-no in WWE.

Both WWE and Matt Hardy are dicks IMO. WWE for f*cking the guy over and not releasing him months ago as well as feeding Matt to Boreintyre (who should have been fired months ago). Matt for exposing Mysterio unmaskedand potentially bringing problems to Rey and his handling of stuff.

That's one of the stupidest reasons for being fired that I've ever heard of.

yooperchild

[143]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 28
    I wonder if they were almost looking for a reason to get rid of him....and that was currently most convenient.

qfrodri85

[144]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 27
    He should have posted a video and have lots of hookers talking about Orton or Cena and make them look like they are like Tiger Woods. Easy way to fire Matt and hurt both wrestlers that I hate.

telvisnostic

[145]Oct 16, 2010

That would have been gold, just gold.

yooperchild

[146]Oct 16, 2010
    Hubby's going to transfer it to my Ipod so I can have a listen...but he listens to this Pro-Wrestling Report podcast and Kevin Nash was the guest this week and he was telling me about it today. They asked him about Matt Hardy, and he basically said something about how Vince can market anyone. That the WWE has the largest marketing machine imaginable and can make anyone popular. He said for the WWE to let Matt go, sort of shows just how much they don't care because if they thought he would at all be able to make it work without them...they wouldn't have let him go.

I guess a caller also called up and asked Nash what number he was going to be in the Rumble this year and he just laughed.

telvisnostic

[147]Oct 16, 2010

Bischoff said the same thing.

yooperchild

[148]Oct 16, 2010
    Just what we've been waiting for! Jeff's opinion on this! (Obviously came before the official release though)

Some crackhead wrote:
    "I'm not going to give WWE their props for the way they've dealt with Matt. He is such a giving talent, ready to do anything for them, and he's been given the run-around. They've treated him like sh*t.

"I think if he came here, you would see the happiest, most dangerous and exciting Matt Hardy you've ever seen. I hope that they let him leave and he shows up here any day now."

Homeboy Jeff better at least give WWE credit for making him into something....because they did. TNA clearly has no clue what to do with him and that's sad considering how big he was when he left/got fired/whatever.

and frankly, I think Matt has always sorta need Jeff around. I make fun of Jeff, but Matt will never be a world champ (though TNA does do weird crap some times, so I probably can't say that yet) and Jeff's now done it in two companies. Clearly someone is better.

Adam Corrolla does a bit called, "What Can't Adam Complain About?"....I think we should do a new one called, "What Can't Matt Complain About?". What's going to be his new whining topic on Twitter? (The No-Compete Clause doesn't count...that will probably be a give).

yooperchild

[149]Oct 16, 2010
    Also...does Hurricane Helms work for TNA? I don't know, but I'm interested considering how far up Matt's arse he's been on Twitter about this whole thing.

Helms was on that Pro-Wrestling Report a few weeks back too. He was an interesting interview, because he say something intelligent I could agree with...then say something totally douchey in the next sentence that made me regret agreeing with him.

telvisnostic

[150]Oct 16, 2010

He's not in TNA. His last interview that I read was very good. And yes he does say something stupid that makes you wonder at times. He's the only person on Facebook out of the 4 of them that is on my friend's list.

I have The Mack Brothers on my Myspace page.

yooperchild

[151]Oct 16, 2010
    telvisnostic wrote:

He's not in TNA. His last interview that I read was very good. And yes he does say something stupid that makes you wonder at times. He's the only person on Facebook out of the 4 of them that is on my friend's list.

I have The Mack Brothers on my Myspace page.

I sort of developed a little crush on his accent. But again, part of him is too much "fratboy douche" for it to ever become a full-blown fancy

Deadnight-Majin

[152]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 18

pwinsider wrote:
    Matt Hardy tweeted the following:

"A word to the wise on Twitter.. I only respond and dignify people that post positive & sensible comments & questions towards me. Anyone who post a comment or tweet that is negative or insulting towards me won't get a response. Actually, you look desperate by doing so."

Now, wasn't it a little while back, he said either on his videos or his twitter that he actually enjoys hearing the negative things people say about him and was encouraging people to do more. I guess that changed since he got what he wanted now.

He also tweeted "Report this DirtSheets-Recently, someone at PWI asked if I'd started a trend with my YouTube page because Melina & Dibiase opened YT pages.. FACT-even tho WWE is a multi-million $ company, I made more $ off my last month of YT videos than what WWE pays the lowest paid FCW talent.."

Geez, apparently somebody can't take a joke.

Edited on 10/17/2010 12:35pm
    Edited 3 total times.

telvisnostic

[153]Oct 17, 2010

If he doesn't want negative or criticism, then why have a page like that. If no one can take anything that could make them better, be it positive or negative, then they are a bit thick skinned.

yooperchild

[154]Oct 17, 2010
    I want to go post something negative now for fun.

Give me ideas! I'm not that clever! I only have like 140 characters to do it in though....

enervator

[155]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 38

yooperchild wrote:
    I want to go post something negative now for fun. Give me ideas! I'm not that clever! I only have like 140 characters to do it in though....

Hurricane asked him if he's lost any weight, but I don't think he ever responded. I guess that's one of those negative questions he's chosen to ignore. Maybe everyone should just comment on his weight.

Deadnight-Majin

[156]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 18

Matt has promised to himself that in 3 years, the Hardy Show will be a million dollar business.

What?! From what I've gathered, the Hardy Show is just Matt following his brother around with a camera while Shannon Moore dances in the background.

enervator

[157]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 38

He's over there right now responding to his posts.

https://twitter.com/#!/MATTHARDYBRAND

yooperchild

[158]Oct 17, 2010
    enervator wrote:

He's over there right now responding to his posts.

https://twitter.com/#!/MATTHARDYBRAND

I'd like to ask what he's going to do when the inevitable happens and TNA folds/gets bought by Vince.

Wonder if that is negative.....

telvisnostic

[159]Oct 17, 2010

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    Matt has promised to himself that in 3 years, the Hardy Show will be a million dollar business.

What?! From what I've gathered, the Hardy Show is just Matt following his brother around with a camera while Shannon Moore dances in the background.

People buy those reality DVDs. If he could market it right, it could turn into loads of money for him.

yooperchild

[160]Oct 17, 2010

I love Mark Madden sometimes

Madden wrote:
    Remember when the Hardy Boyz were the future of wrestling? Two fresh-faced kids that could GO? What the hell happened? They have a million excuses, and they Tweet 'em all. But the Hardy Boyz have authored all their own problems. The drugs, the attitude, the flab, the underachieving – you'd feel bad for them, but they've varnished themselves with such a thick veneer of entitlement (especially Matt) that you just get tired of them. Imagine that – the Hardy Boyz, BORING. Matt was better when Mattitude came with a sense of irony, of self-deprecation, of FUN. But then he believed the IWC's BS and became just another victim of on-line stupidity. And of McDonald's. As for Jeff, he was better before he got bloated and drug-addled. A quick note: I weigh more than both Hardyz put together. But I'm not in a business where looks and physique count. They are. Now Matt will go to TNA, and join "they" or whatever Hogan's gang is called, or maybe he'll work against Jeff – brother vs. brother, whoo-hoo! MONEY! Matt will be a "main-eventer" in TNA. But are you really a main-eventer if nobody watches the main events you're in? Are you really a main-eventer if your TRUE job is to give a rub to Hulk Hogan's pathetic carcass? How about Impact! last week – the show opens with a 57-year-old man who looks RIDICULOUS hobbling to the ring on CRUTCHES. Then comes 30-plus minutes of TALKING. TNA – Talking, No Action. Back to the Hardyz: Wrestling is a BUSINESS. The world little notes, nor long remembers. The Hardyz seem to have mentally elevated themselves to mythic status vis-à-vis credibility in pursuit of their "art." Jeff left WWE when he was in main events, a No. 1 babyface and at the height of his earning potential. Whether by choice or a veiled drug suspension, he left lots of cash on the table. Matt's ego and waistline ballooned. Now he's out of WWE, too. Can anybody possibly think these dunderheads are anything but STOOPID? The only way leaving WWE for TNA is good is if you've already made your money and will physically benefit from the lighter schedule. Or if you get one of those sweetheart sucker deals – which, come to think of it, Jeff probably has and Matt can probably get. Forgot about ATM Dixie. When you consider everything, the Hardyz are MARKS. No wonder you like 'em.