WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Possible Undertaker/Wrestlemania plans

Who do YOU want to be his opponent?

telvisnostic

[1]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 52

Wrestlezone wrote:
    As WrestleZone exclusively reported a few weeks ago, there are several options right now regarding plans for The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

One option quickly being taken off the table in WWE is a match with Kane, as even Vince McMahon noticed the distinct lack of crowd interest in the Undertaker/Kane Hell in a Cell Match on Sunday night.

"Vince is the world's biggest Undertaker mark," a top level WWE source told us this evening, "but he's a bigger mark for Wrestlemania, and he's not going to jeopardize the show because of his fondness for the Undertaker character."

There are still discussions for Taker to wrestle Sheamus, and it was even brought up in a meeting with the writers today that Vince would consider Taker vs a heel John Cena with Taker's undefeated streak on the line.

We will keep you updated as this major story develops.

Edited on 01/13/2011 11:31am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Deadnight-Majin

[2]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 18

I want to see Undertaker vs Cena.

Regardless of whether he's face or heel, Cena will get the heat of One Night Stand and Unforgiven 2006 combined.

Hurricane1123

[3]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 34
    I think Undertaker's last match should be with Cena. There is probably no one else in the company who's a bigger star than he is so why not go full throttle on that feud. Granted I want the streak to stay intact and for Cena to lose but nonetheless Cena should be Taker's last Wrestlemania opponent whether the streak ends at 19-0 or 20-0 doesn't really matter.

Sofa_King1

[4]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 9
    noo... not Cena. He doesn't deserve the momentum or such hyped rivalries.

GoofyGoober88

[5]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 16
    I Think the crowd being quiet during the Taker/Kane match was to do with it Following Cena vs Barrett...No offence to Taker & Kane but they couldn't top the shock factor of Cena losing to Barrett no matter what they did.

yooperchild

[6]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 28
    I don't see Taker losing, no matter who it is....homeboy is going to retire with the undefeated streak.

ALLPR0

[7]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 12

Hurricane1123 wrote:
    I think Undertaker's last match should be with Cena. There is probably no one else in the company who's a bigger star than he is so why not go full throttle on that feud. Granted I want the streak to stay intact and for Cena to lose but nonetheless Cena should be Taker's last Wrestlemania opponent whether the streak ends at 19-0 or 20-0 doesn't really matter.
    If Cena were to overthrow Wade Barrett by like eliminating him to win the Royal Rumble or something, and then take Barretts place as the leader of the Nexus he could establish himself as a full fledged heel. Then after beating Barrett to win the rumble he challenges Taker for the WHC at wrestlemania in an I quit match. Then all of Nexus comes down to help beat down Taker and Cena locks in the STF for a long time and right before Undertaker's about to pass out rather than say I Quit, the gong sounds and the lights flash off and it's the last time we ever see the undertaker. This would keep Undertaker's legacy in tact because it took an entire team to beat him and he never quit, he just mysteriously vanished. And it would make Cena look like one of the most dominant heels ever.

Yeah I know a little over the top, but a guy can dream can't he?

Edited on 10/06/2010 10:24am

Deadnight-Majin

[8]Oct 6, 2010

yooperchild wrote:
    I don't see Taker losing, no matter who it is....homeboy is going to retire with the undefeated streak.
    I've caught myself saying 'homeboy' in real life a few times recently, I hold you fully responsible.

telvisnostic

[9]Oct 21, 2010

Wrestlezone wrote:
    For the past several weeks, WrestleZone has been exclusively updating the current backstage plans being talked about for The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27.

According to several sources within WWE, the question of how to book The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 is still a major backstage discussion amongst the creative team.

From what we've been told, Vince McMahon wants something "very compelling" for The Undertaker at this year's big PPV, and as we previously reported he is apparently down on the idea of having The Undertaker face Kane as he doesn't think the bout will provide a very good return.

At this point, we have been told that John Cena is still a major candidate to face The Undertaker at 'Mania. As we exclusively reported prior to SummerSlam this year, Vince is open to creative pitches for Cena that call for him to turn heel, and we've even been told that should WWE make the decision to turn Cena that Vince wants him to be "the biggest heel the company has ever seen."

Be sure to continue checking back to WrestleZone often as this story remains a major point of discussion backstage in WWE and we will have the latest as it develops.

Do it please, do it! And John Cena should be a full fledged heel, not some dumb ass tweener crap.

Deadnight-Majin

[10]Oct 21, 2010

=D

He should turn at Survivor Series.

It could be Orton vs Cena, with Nexus interfering and decimating Orton, then John finishing him off.

Edited on 10/21/2010 2:20pm

Hurricane1123

[11]Oct 21, 2010
    The biggest heel the companies ever seen? Wow, I'd like to see that. Wonder what would make Cena snap so badly as to go out of place. Hopefully it doesn't backfire either, last time a major star turned heel *cough*Austin*cough* people soured on it and sales for Austin 3:16 shirts plummeted. But then again sales for the "What?" shirts skyrocketed, so who knows.

enervator

[12]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 38

telvisnostic wrote:

Wrestlezone wrote:
    For the past several weeks, WrestleZone has been exclusively updating the current backstage plans being talked about for The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27.

According to several sources within WWE, the question of how to book The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 is still a major backstage discussion amongst the creative team.

From what we've been told, Vince McMahon wants something "very compelling" for The Undertaker at this year's big PPV, and as we previously reported he is apparently down on the idea of having The Undertaker face Kane as he doesn't think the bout will provide a very good return.

At this point, we have been told that John Cena is still a major candidate to face The Undertaker at 'Mania. As we exclusively reported prior to SummerSlam this year, Vince is open to creative pitches for Cena that call for him to turn heel, and we've even been told that should WWE make the decision to turn Cena that Vince wants him to be "the biggest heel the company has ever seen."

Be sure to continue checking back to WrestleZone often as this story remains a major point of discussion backstage in WWE and we will have the latest as it develops.

Do it please, do it! And John Cena should be a full fledged heel, not some dumb ass tweener crap.

I'll believe it when I see it. They've teased a Cena heel turn too many times for me to get excited about this. As far as I'm concerned, this is just him saying what he knows the fans want to hear in hopes people will start regularly tuning into Raw and buying the PPVs because they don't want to miss the turn. Kind of like how every few months or so he'll circulate a story about how he's frustrated with the product and wants to push new talent...another claim that nothing ever seems to come of.

However, I'd be very happy to be wrong on this. But if they do turn him, there needs to be some level of commitment. It can't just be a heel turn one PPV only to have him inexplicably be a face again by the next.

telvisnostic

[13]Oct 21, 2010

enervator wrote:
    I'll believe it when I see it. They've teased a Cena heel turn too many times for me to get excited about this. As far as I'm concerned, this is just him saying what he knows the fans want to hear in hopes people will start regularly tuning into Raw and buying the PPVs because they don't want to miss the turn. Kind of like how every few months or so he'll circulate a story about how he's frustrated with the product and wants to push new talent...another claim that nothing ever seems to come of.

However, I'd be very happy to be wrong on this. But if they do turn him, there needs to be some level of commitment. It can't just be a heel turn one PPV only to have him inexplicably be a face again by the next.

I'd have to say, since reading some stuff about how his Nexus thing will last, I can see him turning to the Darkside. In order for him to be really a heel, he has to align himself with someone that people hate. It can't be the Miz, because fans are *gasp* cheering him already. Sheamus is getting cheers. He'd have to slowly become what The Nexus are or some what like them and really trash the fans. Although he might get cheered for it.

Indeed you are correct. He cannot be a heel one night and then Monday Night, he is a uber face again. The fans have to turn on him as well on their own, much like how they have made Randy the Super Face on their own.

qfrodri85

[14]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 27

Please let it be Triple H and a career vs career match for both. I've been wanting this match since HBK retired.

As for Cena, have Cena vs Barrett (with or without the WWE Title) at WrestleMania.

Edited on 10/21/2010 6:44pm

telvisnostic

[15]Oct 21, 2010

qfrodri85 wrote:
    Please let it be Triple H and a career vs career match for both. I've been wanting this match since HBK retired.
    Why?

Edited on 10/21/2010 7:12pm

Randyspeeps

[16]Oct 22, 2010
    enervator wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Wrestlezone wrote:

I concur. (which user used to say that?)

enervator

[17]Oct 22, 2010
    • level: 38

Randyspeeps wrote:
    enervator wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Wrestlezone wrote:

I concur. (which user used to say that?)

Gamerboy. He used to bring up entire pages worth of dead topics just to comment: I concur.

telvisnostic

[18]Oct 22, 2010

I miss him.

GoofyGoober88

[19]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 16
    A Cena heel turn won't magically make him less annoying either way he will be shoved down our throat.

Randyspeeps

[20]Oct 24, 2010
    GoofyGoober88 wrote:
    A Cena heel turn won't magically make him less annoying either way he will be shoved down our throat.
    True, but he would be tolerable.