WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Randy Orton is Injured again

telvisnostic

[1]Dec 28, 2011
    • level: 52

Randy Orton was injured at last night's SmackDown tapings in Indianapolis during the
    ***SPOILER***

Word backstage was that Orton suffered some sort of back injury according to PWInsider.com.

We are learning that the injury has to do with at least one of the discs in his back. Orton could miss up to 6 months of in-ring time, causing him to miss WrestleMania 28.

We will bring you more information with more details on injury and recovery time as the week goes on.

-Wrestlezone

Edited on 02/19/2012 8:01pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JandSman

[2]Dec 28, 2011
    • level: 32
    If Orton is gone for a long time then SD needs a new big superstar and that big superstar is Triple H. I also have heard that for this week's live events Air Boom (Evan has been the only one to confirm, but why wouldn't Kofi go with Evan) will be on the SD Holiday Tour this week.

telvisnostic

[3]Dec 28, 2011

Where did Borune say this? And this is why they shoudl have never had Kofi in a team. He could have been that mega face that they needed. *le sigh*

Update from Wrestlezone:

Wrestlezone has learned exclusively that WWE Smackdown main eventer Randy Orton's back injury was discovered last week, and that the storyline played out on Smackdown last night was to cover the injury.

Orton is expected to undergo several tests in the next few days to determine the severity of the injury. If you're reading elsewhere that Orton "will be back for WrestleMania," or that Orton "will miss WrestleMania," both of those reports are premature. Orton's status for WrestleMania is unknown. Right now Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon LeVesque have asked the writers to prepare for scenarios with Orton included in Mania, and for Orton to be out "at least until a month or two past Mania."

Orton himself is said to be upset with the injury, "but dealing with it much better than in the past when he faced similar situations with time off," we were told by a key WWE insider this afternoon. We will keep you up-to-date with our inside information on Randy Orton's injury as it becomes available.

Raccoon1459

[5]Dec 28, 2011
    • level: 22

Why are there two threads on this subject?

telvisnostic

[6]Dec 28, 2011

I'm not sure. I think mine was posted first. But RAW is the more popular forum and the lines of the brands have been blurred. And he is a Smackdown fella.

Hurricane1123

[7]Dec 28, 2011
    • level: 34
    Read about the injury this morning. Man that really sucks, what is going on with all these injuries? First Mark Henry, then Alberto Del Rio, and now Orton.
    I hope Orton can heal up in time for Wrestlemania, but if the disk in his spinal column is actually dislocated, then he should take as much time as possible to heal up. The last time he was gone in 2008, the recuperation was good for him, hopefully the same thing happens this time.

telvisnostic

[8]Dec 29, 2011

Looks like he's just hurt according to PWinsider. His finisher takes a lot to the back and torso area, so I'm not surprised.

PWinsider wrote:
    WWE.com ran a story this afternoon, quoting Dr. Michael Sampson of their medical staff on Randy Orton's back issues. Sampson stated that Orton suffered a herniated disc around his L-4/L-5 level on the left side of his back, which has led to pain and weakness shooting down to his legs.

Sampson stated Orton was going to need to rehabilitate his back as well as undergo physical therapy. Orton was prescribed anti-inflammatory medication to reduce the pain.

WWE's story stated that the injury could keep Orton out for "a few weeks", which probably means they are aiming for a Royal Rumble return.

As I wrote yesterday, stories attributed to PWInsider.com that Orton would be out six months were a boldface fabricated lie published by other outlets. Wade Barrett actually referenced the fake story while doing mic work in Detroit last night, claiming he had put Orton out of action for up to six months with the match that will air tomorrow on Smackdown.

Deadnight-Majin

[9]Dec 30, 2011
    • level: 18

I'm pleased to hear he won't be out for six months. When was he actually hurt?

telvisnostic

[10]Dec 30, 2011

It's all just speculation at this point.

Hurricane1123

[11]Dec 30, 2011
    Whether its six months or six weeks, I hope Orton gets the medical attention he needs. Get well soon Viper!

telvisnostic

[12]Feb 14, 2012

BIG Spoiler here:

***SPOILER***

lightning_kf

[13]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 36
    This is what happens when you:

a) give all of the attention in a rather weak roster to ONE guy while most people don't get much of the spotlight.
    b) don't draft a lot of big names to your shows to keep things interesting.

Even with the star power on Raw, it falls flat almost every single night. I mean, look at SmackDown. Christian's injured, Mark Henry's injured. And now Randy Orton might be injured. If anything, this could be a blessing in disguise. I'm pretty damn sure that they would've had Orton walk out of NO WAY OUT the new World Heavyweight champion and face Sheamus at WrestleMania. Both Sheamus and Bryan got shafted last year for that abysmal feud with Lawler and MICHAEL COLE of all people. The flood gates have definitely opened for Bryan to finally retain and take part at a WrestleMania. Sheamus and Bryan can have the match that they weren't allowed to have this year.

As for Orton's injury, geez. How many times has he been injured already or competing while injured?

Randyspeeps

[14]Feb 16, 2012
    I feel sorry for Orton. He's been getting injured a lot lately.

*I will get rid of my thread on the Raw board. I didn't look here.

Hurricane1123

[15]Feb 16, 2012
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    I feel sorry for Orton. He's been getting injured a lot lately.

*I will get rid of my thread on the Raw board. I didn't look here.
    Yeah it was during the failed RKO to Big Show apparently. Man the guy can't catch a break, hope he recovers well!

telvisnostic

[16]Feb 19, 2012

:
    Chris Nowinski talked about if he ever lied about his concussions to the WWE: "The idea that I was going to sit out for a headache while we got guys out there with broken bones, guys out there with fused necks, guys out with much more pain than I am, looking at me and going "ok we have to adjust the card tonight, because you have a headache?" That was the conversations that were had. So no I was not going to put myself in that position. It's funny, just to fast forward a guy like Randy Orton just didn't buy into it, and I ran into him in March, and he started talking about his concussion experiences and he was like 'Gosh I didn't know it was that bad.' He is an advocate for himself now to take time off and so it's interesting to see this turn. We all thought guys with concussions were soft back then, I did too."

Randyspeeps

[17]Feb 21, 2012

Randall is not soft. He's smart...for those of you who were thinking that.