WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Smackdown Spoilers...

ice_edge

[261]May 7, 2011
    • level: 13

WorldChamp06 wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    So it seems Christian will be treated as mid carder or be stuck in nowhereville as jobber. Christian 5 days. Cungratz. You had 5 days of glory....because of Edge of course. Your time with wwe should be over. There is nothing for you. If they are not turning Christian heel his glory days are over and I don't think they are. I can see this stuff from miles away. Christian has lost. He should remove himself from wwe as fast as he possibly can. Man I did not want to believe the whole Super Orton thing but it seems that it will be so. SD...well I should proclaim it dead before it gets any worse since I just can't Ceee how Orton can pull off a cena(yes I used it as a verb). His whole persona is not face. So how the hell are they gonna market him as rainbow man.. a kid hero... a marine? ....
    Let's see you say that to his face, I bet he will smack the crap out of you. Christian is 10 times better than the crap wrestlers you see now including Orton, he's a underrated superstar as we speak with passion. If he was on top as champion he will make you follow, and you will shut up about nonsense kid. Take a history lesson and shut up.

Dude take a chill pill. I think you misunderstood what I was talking about. I was not talking about Christian being bad or not deserving or criticizing him even in any way. I was saying this for his own dignity and sake he should do this because I see from this point that his career in wwe is going no where. Company does not seem to respect the guy nor treat him right in any way. Why should he put up with it? TBH I'm as upset of him loosing so shortly as you are. You need to read between the lines bro.

Besides you should be careful with personal attacks like these. You should hate the outcome and not the messenger bro. I'm just saying what some of us are thinking right now. . oh andjustfor the sake of the argument I'm not a kid.

If I was i think I would be flaming you back now Adults just have to know better.

Sofaking: Yeah i thought that the match itself was awesome as well. It was the outcome that was really stupid just like I feared it would be from the get go.

But saying it was better thanShawnvs Taker is stretching it. Doubt anyone (even wrestlers agree) that anyone, anywhere, anytime or anyhow will pull off a taker vs shawn.

Edited on 05/07/2011 8:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[262]May 10, 2011
    • level: 52

PWtorch wrote:
    Smackdown SPOILERS 5/13

- Christian came out and talked about how Teddy Long's decision was good because he did it to entertain the WWE Universe. He then announced his title rematch at Over the Limit.

Sheamus interrupted and said the Universe wanted a Christian vs. Sheamus match, but then Mark Henry said that they wanted a match between him and Sheamus. This made no sense. Eventually, the heels beat down on Christian and Orton made the save. Teddy Long backstage made a tag match between them for later in the show. Christian is still face at the moment. Both Orton and Christian were complimentary of the other with brief tension teased.

- Chavo introduced Sin Cara for a match against Daniel Bryan as the man who's following in his footsteps. Cara disliked this comment.

(1) Sin Cara beat Daniel Bryan. Excellent, really good six-minute match. Chavo hung up Bryan on the ropes, allowing Cara to win. Cara saw this and was mad at Chavo. He then over-emoted with his hand gestures and pushed down/dropped Chavo before leaving.

- On the Titantron, they advertised Ezekiel Jackson will be here tonight following his attack by The Corre.

- Layla came out to cut a promo on McCool, saying it was worth it injuring her knee and winning their Loser Leaves WWE match. Cole interrupted and cut a promo on Lawler. More bashing on Lawler's deceased mom. Here comes Kharma. She attacked Layla and gave her the implant buster. Cole laughed, then Kharma turned toward him. The crowd erupted and she chased Cole back to the Cole Mine. Cole escaped, but barely.

- The Corre came out and Barrett talked about how they've trimmed the fat by removing Ezekiel Jackson. Kane interrupted to set up the next match.

(2) WWE tag champion Kane beat IC champion Wade Barrett via DQ when Corre beat him down. Jackson came out to make the save, but he succumbed to a 450 splash. Slow and good match.

- The Khali Kiss Cam returned. Khali kissed "Troy" and was interrupted by Jinder Mahal, who slapped Khali twice, knocking his Cowboy hat off, and left.

- Wade Barrett vs. Ezekiel Jackson for the IC Title was announced for the Over the Limit PPV.

(3) Cody Rhodes beat Ted DiBiase. Good back-and-forth action in the Legacy battle, but Cody dominated. It appears DiBiase is face now. Cody did his usual shtick on the mic.

(4) World Hvt. champion Randy Orton & Christian beat Sheamus & Mark Henry. Christian pinned Sheamus. The two title match foes shook hands to close the show.

End Taping.

Dark Match: Orton & Christian & Ezekiel Jackson beat The Corre (Wade Barrett & Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater). The faces hit their finishers on Slater for the win in the usual post-Smackdown match ending.

JLe1223

[263]May 11, 2011
    • level: 20
    Sounds like a good Smackdown!

telvisnostic

[264]May 18, 2011

:
    1. Christian beat Sheamus by DQ. Mark Henry interfered. Randy Orton took his time, but made the save.

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase came out. Cody got major heat for the paper bags when DiBiase said he represented Corpus Christi with a bag over his head.

2. Ted DiBiase beat Trent Baretta.

Ezekiel Jackson came out and then The Corre followed. Teddy Long interrupted and made a six-man tag match.

3. Kane, Big Show, and Ezekiel Jackson beat The Corre in a six-man tag.

4. Brie Bella beat Natalya. Bella won with the X Factor. Kharma didn't show up, which upset the fans.

5. Daniel Bryan beat Chavo Guerrero. A five minute match. Sin Cara came out and hit a huracanrana on Chavo after the match. It looked like they were setting up Sin Cara vs. Chavo for Over The Limit.

6. Randy Orton beat Mark Henry by DQ. Sheamus interfered. Christian took his time before coming out and making the save.

Dark Match

1. Randy Orton fought Christian to an apparent no-contest. The match ended in interference from Sheamus and Mark Henry.

Notes: Ernest notes that he's been going to shows for 21 years and this was "not the best show."

Biggest pops: Randy Orton, Sin Cara, Christian

Most heat: Michael Cole, Sheamus, Mark Henry
    -ProWrestling.Net

lightning_kf

[265]May 18, 2011
    • level: 36
    WAIT. HOLD THE PHONE.
    They had Natalya JOB to BRIE?
    AND NOT BRING KONG OUT?

BOO.

telvisnostic

[266]May 25, 2011

-World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton came to the ring to kick off the show. Before he could begin speaking, Christian interrupted and came down to congratulate Orton on their match at Over The Limit. Christian said that the match could have gone either way. He then started to issue a challenge to Orton, but was interrupted by Sheamus, then by Mark Henry. General Manager Teddy Long then appeared and said that it was deja vu with the same individuals wanting a shot at the title. Teddy then told Christian that if he wanted a title shot, he would have to earn it. Teddy then made the main event a Triple Threat Match featuring Christian, Mark Henry, and Sheamus, with the winner becoming the new number-one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship.

-Sin Cara defeated Chavo Guerrero in an Over The Limit rematch

-Cody Rhodes appeared with two men carrying brown paper bags and cut a promo, saying that the crowd was unattractive. Daniel Bryan interrupted the promo, which led to a match.

-Daniel Bryan defeated Cody Rhodes. Following the match, Rhodes attacked Bryan and put a paper bag over his head.

-The WWE Captiol Punishment "press conference' video was shown, followed by a WWE Tribute To The Troops promo.

-Booker T gets up from the announce table and enters the ring. He then invites Michael Cole to join him, and Cole gets up from the announce table and gets in the ring and stands next to Booker. Booker discussed Cole's loss to Jerry "The King" Lawler at Over The Limit, then gave Cole props for formally apologizing on RAW. Booker then said he wanted to give Cole an opportunity to apologize to the SmackDown audience, and Cole does so. Booker and Cole then shake hands before Booker presents a photo of Cole with Lawler's foot in his mouth. Booker then gives Cole a box of Altoids.

-Christian is interviewed backstage. He says that while he was always the last kid picked, he made the most of it and went on to prove everyone wrong.

-Kane defeated The Great Khali. Following the match, Jinder Mahal came to the ring and began yelling in his native Punjabi language. He then shoved Ranjin Singh. Khali then stepped in, but suddenly turned and locked in the Khali Vice Grip on Ranjin, signifying a heel turn. Khali and Mahal then left the ring together.

-Ezekiel Jackson defeated Heath Slater by disqualification after interference from Justin Gabriel.

-Sheamus is interviewed backstage. He talks about how it only took him months to become a champion, while Christian and Mark Henry have spent their entire lives trying to become one.

-Alicia Fox and Tamina defeated Kaitlyn and AJ. Kaitlyn and AJ were accompanied by Natalya and also came out to her music.

-In the main event, Sheamus defeated Christian and Mark Henry to become the new number-one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship

-http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/

wdprince

[267]May 26, 2011
    • level: 21

telvisnostic wrote:

-In the main event, Sheamus defeated Christian and Mark Henry to become the new number-one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship

f*** you wwe

JLe1223

[268]May 27, 2011
    So what? I'm sure it's part of the plan to turn Christian heel.

telvisnostic

[269]Jun 1, 2011

Dark Match

1. Johnny Curtis beat Michael McGillicutty in a match taped prior to the NXT and WWE Superstars taping. Nothing very special about the match other than Johnny Curtis won, and I forgot the fact that he won NXT last season.

WWE Smackdown Taping

1. Christian beat Mark Henry. Both men put on the best attempt of a good match as they could... fairly quick though with Christian picking up the win.

After the match, Christian stayed in the ring with a microphone so it was promo time. Christian talked about how he really wanted to be in the title match considering that the referee missed a long count during the number one contender's match last week where Christian could have won. Theodore Long came out to say he feels Christian's pain but he won't make the match a triple threat match. Long did make Christian the special guest referee for the main event so he can at least be a part of it.

2. Alicia Fox and Tamina (w/Rosa Mendes) beat A.J. and Kaitlyn (w/Natalya). Nothing special whatsoever and ended fast with Alicia Fox and Tamina winning.

Cody Rhodes was out next to cut a promo on Daniel Bryan. Oh yes, the whole paper bag bit was in it at full force. This was the first time I've seen the cameraman put one of the bags over the camera to film with... kind of random. Cody, of course, went into his usual spiel about how everyone needs to wear the bags.

Backstage: The Great Khali was being interviewed when Jinder Mahal interrupted only to say that if you want to talk to Khali, you'd need to talk to him first.

3. Jinder Mahal beat Yoshi Tatsu. Total squash match with Jinder Mahal winning. After the match, Khali took out Yoshi and then they left the ring.

4. Ezekiel Jackson beat Wade Barrett via countout in an Intercontinental Championship match. This was similar to how their match was going at Over the Limit with fewer slams from Big Zeke. At one point, Barrett found himself outside of the ring and then intentionally got counted out to retain his title. Slater and Gabriel rushed the ring only to get beat up by Zeke and in the process, Barrett left them high and dry and looked pissed.

5. Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase. One of the better matches of the night. Back and forth action with Daniel Bryan making Ted tap out. Cody Rhodes rushed the ring to beat down Bryan but then Sin Cara made a surprise save for Bryan.

6. Randy Orton defeated Sheamus to retain the World Hvt. Championship with Christian as special referee. Not a shabby World Title match by any means, Christian called it right down the middle. At one point, Orton ducked and Sheamus ran into Christian. Sheamus hit the Brogue kick and almost got the three count, but then Christian stopped his count to complain about his wrist hurting... hahaha funny bit. Orton hit the RKO and then got the victory. As Christian was going to hand Orton his title, he hit him in the skull with it and then posed with his belt on the rampway.

Notes: Overall, one of the more lackluster shows I have ever been to. It was a lot more fun to be at then what you'll probably consider when you watch it on TV this Friday night. I'm curious to see what happens with the Christian and Orton storyline, but this show didn't really get me excited for anything... especially nothing mentioned for Capitol Punishment.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10018783.shtml

telvisnostic

[270]Jun 7, 2011

Christian came to the ring for a promo. He said he was screwed out of the World Hvt. Championship. He said he doesn't want to talk to any of his Peeps again. The "You Suck" chants started. Christian invited Michael Cole to join him in the ring and then proceeded to **** about deserving another title shot. He ripped Teddy Long, and said Long and Randy Orton disrespected him.

1. Ezekiel Jackson and The Uso Brothers beat Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, and Heath Slater. One of the Uso's went right into the announce table and the whole arena could hear it. Good tag work from Corre with a classic wrestling feel. Zeke dominated and Barrett headed back to the locker room. Zeke put Gabriel in the rack for the win.

Teddy Long was shown talking on the phone. Sheamus demanded a match with Christian. Instead, Long booked Randy Orton vs. Sheamus in a No DQ match and said it was going to be huge.

Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater told Wade Barrett that The Corre is finished.

2. Jinder Mahal beat Trent Barreta. Great Khali helped Jinder get the win.

3. A.J. beat Tamina. The crowd got behind A.J. while Tamina was dominating. A.J. hit a flying knee. Tamina had her up for a move, but A.J. caught her in a small package for the win. David said it was not a great women's match.

Randy Orton came to the ring and called out Christian, who appeared on TitanTron and said he wants his title match. Christian says he does things on his own terms, and he wants the match at Capitol Punishment. Orton said the match is on. Christian left in a vehicle while Orton stood in the ring with his title belt. Good crowd pops for Orton.

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase appeared on the big screen. Cody said he's not nuts, he's been enlightened.

4. Sin Cara beat Ted DiBiase by DQ. They need to find someone to go with Mistico, er, Sin Cara. There were some great moves, but bad spots by DiBiase, according to J Nicholas. Cody's interference led to the DQ. Daniel Bryan came out to save Sin Cara. Teddy Long came out and turned it into a tag match.

5. Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes. Sin Cara was on fire at one point. He hit a flying cross body block through the ropes. Daniel Bryan locked in the LeBell Lock for the win. David said it was an okay match, but Cody's Phantom of the Opera gimmick wasn't so great this week.

Johnny Curtis cut a promo. He ate a potato chip and that was it. Seriously.

6. Sheamus defeated Randy Orton in a non-title, no disqualification match. Late in the match, Orton hit a wild backdrop onto the ring steps. Amazing spot, according to J. Later, Sheamus pulled out a kendo stick and hit Orton with it five times. Orton hit the RKO on Sheamus. Christian ran out and ended up hitting Orton with the title belt. Sheamus ended up covering Orton for the win.

Afterward in what may have been after the cameras stopped rolling, Christian held up Orton. Sheamus went for a kick, but Orton ducked and Sheamus caught Christian with the kick. Orton RKO'd Sheamus. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase ran out and took RKO's. Orton spent a lot of time with the fans afterward, which was nice to see.

http://www.prowrestling.net/

JLe1223

[271]Jun 8, 2011
    Cody Rhodes and DiBase coming out to help? That's random......

telvisnostic

[272]Jun 21, 2011

Smackdown opened with Teddy Long to address the World title controversy from Capitol Punishment. Long calls Christian to the ring. Christian says he deserves another title shot. Long tells him he has to earn it, so it's Kane vs. Christian to determine the new number one contender tonight.

*Sin Cara defeated Ted DiBiase in a good match.

*Cody Rhodes came out for his match with Daniel Bryan. Bryan came out and said that unlike what Cody thinks, looks aren't everything and showed a photo of Dusty Rhodes on the Titantron. He said Dusty may not have been the best looking guy but had charisma and was a good person, something Cody is not. DiBiase comes out when the match begins. Cody gets the win.

*Johnny Curtis vignette in catering. He stands in front of a table with ketchup, mayo and mustard. He takes the first two and leaves the mustard, because he can cut it.

*Backstage, Matt Striker interviews Big Show about being attacked by Mark Henry. Show says he's going to get Henry back when Henry spears him out of nowhere into the set. The referees help Show up and out as Henry walks off.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Ezekiel Jackson has his first title defense, defeating Wade Barrett.

*Jack Korpela interviews World champion Randy Orton. He says that Christian getting another opportunity to be the number one contender is comical but if he has to, he will defeat him again.

*Backstage, Wade Barrett comes across Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel. They mock him for losing to Jackson and say they are going to go out there and do something he can't - win.

*Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater defeated the Usos.

*Jinder Mahal vs. Yoshi Tatsu never happened as Mahal attacked Tatsu and laid him out. Mahal cut a promo saying Great Khali is done kissing fat women and they will dominate.

*Mark Henry attacked Kane to cause a DQ in Christian vs. Kane. Randy Orton came out to even things up. Teddy Long made it a tag match. Orton nailed Christian with an RKO but Henry nailed Orton with the World's Strongest Slam and pinned him, so Christian ends up with a title shot at the MITB PPV.

-PWinsider

telvisnostic

[273]Jun 29, 2011

Smackdown begins with Christian trying to set up a contract signing for a world title match at MITB ppv. Teddy Long points out Mark Henry, not Christian pinned Orton in last week and Henry gets a match. If Henry wins, he might get the title shot. Obviously Christian is pissed. He's banned from ringside.

Orton versus Henry is up first. Ends with both men outside on the floor with ref counting when Big Show's music hits. No Show to be seen but Henry is distracted. Orton RKO's him at 8 count and gets in ring to win the match.

Henry then trashes the sound board and throws the audio technician off the stage.

Daniel Bryan defeated Dibiase with a guillotine choke. Good match as always.

Backstage, Christian and Teddy are back to talking about the contract and Teddy accused Christian of being the one to play the Big Show's music. Teddy sets up the contract signing and a match between Christian and Sin Cara.

Video package on Khali turning on Rajin Singh 5 weeks ago.

Christian defeated Sin Cara in an OK match with the killswitch. Sin Cara hit his entrance. Started out ok but Cara started botching some moves. Had some good acrobatic moves though.

Cody defeated the Intercontinental Champ Ezekiel Jackson when Ted Dibiase interfered. OK match.

Kane defeated Wade Barrett with the chokeslam. Decent match. Kane even did a cross-body.

Contract signing. Christian has lawyer. Both say they are going to win and that they can't beat each other. Orton signs but when Christian goes to sign Sheamus comes out of the crowd and hits the brogue kick on both. He tears up the contract and leaves the ring with Orton and Christian down and out. That's the end of the taping.

Local main event was Orton versus Christian for the championship in a street fight. Good short match. Used the title belt as a weapon. Orton won and posed in ring and walked around ringside taking pictures and signing autographs to send the crowd home happy.

Crowd popped greatest for Orton, Christian, Kane and Sin Cara. 1/3 of upper level tarped off but higher attendance for this show than last time RAW came through.

-PWinsider

telvisnostic

[274]Jul 14, 2011

Michael Cole, Booker T, and Josh Mathews came out for WWE Smackdown. The best part of being in the audience? Not listening to Booker on commentary. Josh went to the ring rather than the announcers' table.

The screen showed Randy Orton vs. Kane, and Ezkiel Jackson vs. Ted DiBiase for Intercontinental Title.

Josh welcomed us and introduces the champion Randy Orton. Josh reminded Orton about all the stipulations for his match against Christian. Orton said he has numerous ways to beat Christian. Christian interrupted on the big screen and gave Orton a picture of him standing over Orton with the belt as a gift. Orton called it pathetic. Christian said Orton's family is pathetic ripped on Orton's father Bob Orton. Randy invited Christian to the ring. Christian didn't oblige and then Orton said Christian is pathetic like his five-day championship run.

1. Ezekiel Jackson defeated Ted DiBiase to retain the Intercontinental Title. The end came when DiBiase went for Dream Street, which Zeke turned into the Torture Rack for the submission win.

Backstage, Ted DiBiase was looking disappointed. Cody entered and handed him the paper bag. He said he would give him one more chance, but if he loses again he will personally come to the ring and put the bag over his head.

2. Cody Rhodes defeated Daniel Bryan. Rhodes won via pinfall.

Teddy Long told a referee backstage to remind Big Show and Mark Henry that if there is any physical altercation, he would cancel their match at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view. Kane walked in and thanked Long for giving him a match against Orton.

Wade came down to join the announce table and now I notice josh is there too, oops.

Jinder was shown in the back getting pissed at a camera man.

Christian was shown in the back walking around Orton's bus. When he got on the other side it showed, "Orton sux, Teddy = moron, Christian uncrowned champ" spray painted. Christian acted shocked at the spray painting and promised to find out who did it. Funny and awesome.

3. Sin Cara defeated Sheamus. Sheamus dominated in the beginning, but after Sin Cara's 20 millionth reversal, he reversed Celtic Cross into a roll up and won via pinfall. After the match, Barrett laid out Sheamus.

Christian was shown walking around the casino and claimed he found Orton's wallet. He took out $1,000 and bet it on No. 1 on a roulette table, because according to Orton's ID his birthday is April 1. "There is a joke there somewhere," says Christian. The ball landed on 20. "Looks like your lucks running out," Christian said.

Teddy made his way down for the face off. Big Show entered the ring. Henry stayed on the ramp and they did their smack talk. Henry tried to enter the ring, but Teddy got in the way and said to save it for Sunday.

4. Kelly Kelly beat Rosa Mendes. Loud pops for Kelly, as I guess no one expected to see her here.

Johnny Curtis cut a very lame promo to remind us that he'll be debuting on Smackdown soon.

5. Justin Gabriel beat Heath Slater. Slater missed a top rope moonsault. Gabriel hit his 450 splash and got the pinfall victory.

6. Kane defeated Randy Orton via count out. 30 seconds into the match, Christian walked onto the ramp to watch the match. Orton went for an RKO, Kane reversed it and clotheslined Orton out. Christian walked down the ramp got orton to chase him around the ring to give Kane a victory via count out.

Post match, Orton RKO'd Kane, Christian speared Orton, and beat on him. Christian went for a chair, but Orton fought back and took it from him. Christian ran off. Kane got a few chair shots while Christian watched from the ramp.

I guess this is where the cameras cut off. Cody and Ted come down to beat on Orton, but ended up getting RKO'd. Christian ran down and was RKO'd twice. Orton shook hands and signed a few autographs to end the show.

-ProWrestling.Net

lakmisdra

[275]Jul 19, 2011
    • level: 8

I don't know if this should be considered a spoiler or what but I saw a commercial for SD Live this weekend and it showed Orton holding the belt. The reason why I don't know is because perhaps it was so close to MITB they didn't want to spoil that and the fact that it takes place on Friday while SD is airing so people there won't know what's happening on tv while they watch (if that makes any sense).

telvisnostic

[276]Jul 19, 2011

You think he might have stole the belt back?

telvisnostic

[277]Jul 26, 2011

HHH starts off the show in the ring talking about the title situation on Raw. He is interrupted by Christian who welcomes him to SD. HHH says its a slap in the face to interrupt him & tells him at SummerSlam he'll be defending his title against Randy Orton in a No Holds Barred match.

R-Truth comes out & says he followed HHH from Raw & talks about the conspiracy against him. HHH makes a match for tonight, R-Truth vs. Orton. He tells Christian he brought someone from Raw to face him, John Morrison. They have a good match, Christian wins with his finisher.

Backstage Teddy Long is with HHH & Zack Ryder interrupts them. HHH says he's gotta take a call but appoints Ryder as Teddy's assistant.

Wade Barrett is in the ring talking about how he should have won MITB & gotten a WrestleMania paycheck, not Daniel Bryan. Bryan interrupts & says he's gonna main event Mania. Barrett attacks him. Bryan is able to get the LaBell lock on him, Barrett taps & Bryan lets him go.

Backstage Mark Henry walks into Long's office & wants a match. Long says no one wants to get in the ring w/ him after what he did to Big Show & Kane. Ryder says he'll find him an opponent.

Tamina, Rosa & Alicia Fox def Kaitlyn, AJ & Natalya.

Video package on Justin Gabriel is shown (highlights of WWE's recent tour of South Africa).

Mark Henry defeated local guy Bobby Howard. After the match he tries to attack him with a chair but Long comes out & stops him. He says there's already one lawsuit pending & he'll find him competition. Sheamus comes out & says if he wants competition he'll fight him & slaps him. Henry goes after him but Sheamus throws him over top rope. Sheamus tries to hit him w/ chair but Henry leaves.

New Nexus defeated The Usos in a title match, so they kept the titles.

Backstage Ryder tells Long he made a match for tonight, Ezekiel Jackson vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes in a handicap match.

Backstage Striker interviews R-Truth. Truth says he's ready for his match with Orton tonight.

Cody & DiBiase def Zeke.

Jinder Mahal & The Great Khali appear in crowd & talk Indian to the crowd so I don't know what was said. Everyone booed.

In the main event, Truth beat Orton via DQ.

-PWinsider

telvisnostic

[278]Aug 3, 2011

Very detailed.

The show started with a video of Mark Henry and his various attacks on Kane, and the Big Show, and Sheamus coming to the rescue. It was then announced Sheamus and Henry will face off at SummerSlam. Sheamus then kicks off Smack Down with the first match of the evening:

1. Sheamus defeated Great Khali. Sheamus did the best that he could with Khali. The match is what it is. Khali eventually tries to beat Sheamus with that death grip of his, but Sheamus gets out of it, and Sheamus finally defeats Khali with the Brogue Kick.

I believe at this point there is a backstage interview between Josh Matthews and Randy Orton. Orton is asked about the No Holds Barred match with Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship. Orton says that he does have anger management issues, and Christian is going to help him work through them.

They also announce that Zach Ryder is going to have his own segment on the show, the name of which I forgot.

2. Natalya Neidhart beat AJ. Natalya Neidhart and AJ come out for their match. It is a pretty decent match. There was a sloppy part where Nattie tries the sharpshooter, and I wasn't sure what AJ was trying to do to get out of it, but it looked sloppy to me. Anyway, eventually AJ succumbs to the Sharpshooter.

After the match Natalya goes bonkers, and attacks AJ after the match, including giving AJ a snap suplex on the outside. Natalya grabs a mic and says "Beth, you are so right sister, the days of these cuties are over." (paraphrased). Natalya evidently has turned heel.

Wade Barrett came out for commentary for the next match.

3. Daniel Bryan beat Tyson Kidd. Daniel Bryan who came out to new music which I loved, and Tyson worked an AWESOME MATCH. I thought, even though the Main Event was also great, this was the best worked match on the show. Both men did a great job, especially Daniel Bryan. He is an awesome worker in the ring. After several exciting nearfalls, and Tyson Kidd's going after Daniel Bryan's right knee that Bryan was selling all match, Bryan eventually gets Kidd to submit.

I believe it was after this match, they show a commercial for "Haven" that airs this Friday after Smackdown on SYFY featuring Former 11 Time World Champion Edge!

Zack Ryder comes out for his segment. He starts his promo, and talks about his "Woo.Woo.Woo." routine. Well, Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson interrupts and expresses his discontent over the 2 on 1 handicap he was put in last week by Ryder which he lost.

Ryder tried to explain away his culpability when he is interrupted by Jackson's opponents from last week, Cody Rhodes (wearing a suit) and Ted DiBiase. Rhodes was cutting a promo, but I unfortunately wasn't able to catch what he said. Teddy Long comes out and tells Ryder that Ryder is not the GM, and Long was the one who could make matches. Long goes on to make Ryder vs Jackson with DiBiase and Rhodes banned from ringside.

4. Ezekiel Jackson beat Zack Ryder. The match itself between Ezekiel Jackson was alright. It was a glorified squash match. The end came with Ezekiel Jackson giving Ryder about four or five bodyslams and then the Rack and Ryder tapped out.

Mark Henry is shown onscreen coming out for his match.

Triple H's music hits. I am a huge Triple H fan. I have him in my top five best wrestlers ever list. I had not seen him live in any capacity in a very long time, so what happened here made the whole night.
    I do not know how much of the following will be shown on Smackdown, if any, but here is what happened:

Triple H comes out and Zack Ryder is still in the ring. Hunter then tells him that he is still kind of new to being the COO, and he has only been at this a couple of weeks and it is a lot of stress. He explains to Ryder that when he made him Teddy Long's assistant, all he meant was for Ryder to fetch coffee, sharpen pencils. (Zach Ryder's expressions of shock were priceless.). Hunter then tells Ryder that if Teddy Long's Viagra prescription ran out, Ryder was to go to the drug store to go get it, and things like that.

Hunter then gets all annoyed with Ryder talking about Vince and the board of directors and such. He then does something really cool. Hunter says that he needs to do something but it was just for the audience, and we were not to tell anyone. He put his finger to his lips shushing us.

The lights were turned off. The huge screen was turned off. The only light that was on was the red light ( I presume that is the recording light.) and a spot light. Triple H then took off his jacket, and loosened his collar. He says something to Ryder that I didn't catch, and then gives Ryder the Pedigree, and the crowd just exploded. Of course, he tried to shush us again, and walked to the back and did his pose. Great segment.

5. Mark Henry beat Vladimir Kozlov. This was not much of a match. This was yet another match to build up Mark Henry as this monster heel. Post match, Henry puts Kozlov' leg in chair and does his "stomp the leg" routine. Sheamus does his run in with a chair.

Backstage, Sheamus does a promo saying he has the luck of the Irish and talks about how Mark Henry has taken away others' dreams and careers, but that won't happen to him.

6. Michael McGillicutty, David Otunga, and JTG beat The Uso Brothers. Editor's Note: This match was not listed by Terri, but it was listed in the report we ran on Tuesday night.

Christian does an interview and talks about how he has overcome Teddy Long, and the fans to be champion.

7. Christian and R-Truth beat Randy Orton and John Morrison. Great Main Event. All four men were fantastic. They all did a great job. Special kudos to Randy Orton. He is a bona fide superstar. When John Morrison was the baby face in peril, that crowd was just begging for Orton to come in, at least from where I was sitting. I was on the floor, and that crowd was loud.

When Orton finally made the hot tag near the end, and was going back and forth with Christian, and did his major maneuvers on Christian, that crowd exploded. They sounded really loud to me, anyway. Christian, R Truth, and Morrison were excellent as well. All four guys worked great. The ending came when Christian was finally able to defeat Randy with the Killswitch. Winner: Christian/R Truth. Post match, Christian and R Truth run up the ramp in celebration.

Overall a very good show. Must watch: Main Event, Bryan/Kidd.

Dark Match

After the show, Teddy Long tells Christian that he will be defending his World Title in a Street Fight against Randy Orton. When Christian shows reluctance, Long tells Christian he better get to steppin'.

1. Christian beat Randy Orton in a Street Fight to retain the World Hvt. Championship. After about a good 10 or so minute match, Christian retains his belt. Winner Christian. Post match, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, and I believe R-Truth all make run ins, and each man, including Christian get an RKO for their trouble so the crowd goes home happy. Randy Orton goes around the ring and shakes people's hands.

-ProWrestling.net

telvisnostic

[279]Aug 11, 2011

WWE taped this week's Smackdown last night from the Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento, California. Below are full results:

Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):

* Triple H comes out to the open the show. He announces three matches for later tonight. Randy Orton vs. The Great Khali, Ezekiel Jackson vs. Cody Rhodes for the WWE Intercontinental Championship and Daniel Bryan vs. Alberto Del Rio.

World Heavyweight Champion Christian comes out and threatens a lawsuit against Hunter if he doesn't change his SummerSlam match against Orton. Hunter tells Christian not only will he face Orton at SummerSlam, he will work tonight against Sheamus and that match is up next.

* Sheamus b. World Heavyweight Champion Christian when Christian intentionally got himself counted out.

* Beth Phoenix & Natalya b. AJ & Kaitlyn

* Backstage, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase give Teddy Long grief as Zack Ryder and Aksana are shown in his office.

* Backstage, Mark Henry is shown with Johnny Curtis

* Sin Cara b. Tyson Kidd

* Alberto Del Rio b. Daniel Bryan via submission. After the match, Wade Barrett attacked Daniel Bryan

* Cody Rhodes w/Ted DiBiase b. Ezekiel Jackson to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship

* Randy Orton cuts a promo backstage about his title match at SummerSlam.

* Mark Henry b. Johnny Curtis. After the match, Sheamus got in Henry's face.

* Randy Orton b. The Great Khali. After the match, World Heavyweight Champion Christian came out to confront Orton to end the show.

-WrestlingNewsWorld

"Sin Cara"

Sin Cara

Edited on 08/11/2011 1:16pm

telvisnostic

[280]Sep 30, 2011

Mark Henry told Booker T he was going to crush Mark Henry and end his career.

Henry then beat Great Khali. He him with the World's Strongest Slam and after he beat him he did the chair deal on on his leg.

Jack Swagger beat Evan Bourne. Dolph and Vickie were with Jack while Kofi was with Evan. The heels used their advantage for the win.

Sin Cara 1 beat Heath Slater. The other Sin Cara watched the match and cut a promo on him. He then pulled off his mask and showed a new outfit.

Johnny Ace got the disgruntled wrestlers from Raw to serve the lawsuit on HHH on next week's Raw.

Kelly Kelly beat Natalya. After the match, Beth Phoenix, who was with Nattie, creamed Kelly with the Glam Slam. Nattie then sharpshootered her as wel

Cody Rhodes did a whining promo about being treated poorly.

Sheamus then beat Rhodes via DQ when Christian ran out and attacked Sheamus.

Zack Ryder beat JTG.

In the back, Johnny Ace was confronted by HHH about him trying to get the mid card guys to sue WWE. Ace said he was with HHH. H looked like he didn't believe him.

The battle of Sin Caras was added to Hell In A Cell

Randy Orton and Christian went to a double countout on the outside. Christian came out and Sheamus followed Mark Henry came out after that and hit the World's Strongest Slam. Then Orton hit the RKO on the champ.

-PWinsider