WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Smackdown Star Released

JLe1223

[21]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 20
    That's shocking, MVP was so good..... oh well I wish him luck going international.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrquito

[22]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 5

Pretty soon - both the raw and smackdown rosters are going to be pretty thin........

Does the WWE have 30 wrestlers for the upcoming royal rumble??

I am not a fan of when they use retired or no-name wrestlers for the royal rumble.......

TwistofFate14

[23]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 15
    mrquito wrote:

Pretty soon - both the raw and smackdown rosters are going to be pretty thin........

I am not a fan of when they use retired or no-name wrestlers for the royal rumble.......

They have 27 on RAW, including champions and members of Nexus, not including the 10 guys who are injured.

yooperchild

[24]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 28
    mrquito wrote:

I thought the roster was still at like 50...but I'm not sure if that includes inactive or whatever.

Crulex1369

[25]Dec 7, 2010
    • level: 26

yooperchild wrote:
    mrquito wrote:

I thought the roster was still at like 50...but I'm not sure if that includes inactive or whatever.

I may have miscounted by one or two, but not including the WWE champ, World Champ,inactive or injured:

Raw has 27 (Not counting Riley, as he's listed as "Occasional wrestler")

SD! has 16 (Not counting possible diva's like Beth or Hornswaggle.)

So as of right now, they have about 43 wrestlers who could be in the rumble, plus you gotta take out at leasteight for possible lower cardtitle matches, firings, regular matchesand injures. I'm estimating that they'll have 35 ready to go at theRumble.

yooperchild

[26]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 28

I'm not going to pretend I didn't laugh at this...especially the "work internationally" part because I didn't even think of it..

Mark Madden wrote:
    Who told MVP he was Eddy Guerrero? This schlep goes to prison for almost a decade, gets out, WWE gives him the break of a lifetime, but he wants more. He doesn't deserve more. The Miz is mediocre, but MVP makes The Miz look like Pat O'Connor in his prime. MVP should be happy to have a job. MVP says he would like to work internationally. You're a convicted felon, dumbass. How many countries can you even gain admission to? Forget Japan. Shows how far wrestling has fallen when anyone praises mid-card filler like this bum. MVP wouldn't have gotten on TV during the '90s wrestling war. He'd have been doing squats for The Sarge at WCW's Power Plant…unless he was in jail. Maybe Samoa Joe can replace MVP in WWE's mid-card. Umaga II. If my gimmick was based on being legit and Jeff Jarrett beat me by submission, I'd settle for anything as long as it was anywhere but TNA.
    Mark Madden's a jerk, and I also thought MVP was better than mediocre, but this still made me laugh.

telvisnostic

[27]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 52

Can someone explain to me the Eddie G. thing? I'm so lost. I too chuckled at the overseas thing. That's why Truth couldn't go to Canada and other places and he did less time.

And I agree Yopper about MVP being good. With the booking that they had back in the 90s, he could have been a hit.

Deadnight-Majin

[28]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 18

Telvis will hate me for this, but I've gotta be honest, I never thought MVP should have a main event push. He's very good, and don't get me wrong, he's better than some other people who've been pushed that far, but I've just never seen him as a man that could carry a show.

Everyone thinks they deserve to be World Champion these days.

Crulex1369

[29]Dec 9, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:

Can someone explain to me the Eddie G. thing?

I think he made a reference to the whole "Lie, Cheat and Steal" bit Eddie did, acting like a criminal, where as MVP really was one. A low blow to me. The guy did his time and hasn't went back. Can't people just shove off?

Deadnight-Majin

[30]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 18

I've never actually looked up his crimes until now; an 18 and a half year sentence for armed robbery and kidnapping, of which he only completed only half. Wow. I'm amazed WWE ever gave him a job in the first place.

By the way, he has signed with New Japan.

Edited on 12/09/2010 8:11am

Randyspeeps

[31]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 34
    yooperchild wrote:

I'm not going to pretend I didn't laugh at this...especially the "work internationally" part because I didn't even think of it..

Mark Madden wrote:
    Who told MVP he was Eddy Guerrero? This schlep goes to prison for almost a decade, gets out, WWE gives him the break of a lifetime, but he wants more. He doesn't deserve more. The Miz is mediocre, but MVP makes The Miz look like Pat O'Connor in his prime. MVP should be happy to have a job. MVP says he would like to work internationally. You're a convicted felon, dumbass. How many countries can you even gain admission to? Forget Japan. Shows how far wrestling has fallen when anyone praises mid-card filler like this bum. MVP wouldn't have gotten on TV during the '90s wrestling war. He'd have been doing squats for The Sarge at WCW's Power Plant…unless he was in jail. Maybe Samoa Joe can replace MVP in WWE's mid-card. Umaga II. If my gimmick was based on being legit and Jeff Jarrett beat me by submission, I'd settle for anything as long as it was anywhere but TNA.
    Mark Madden's a jerk, and I also thought MVP was better than mediocre, but this still made me laugh.

I'm a Mark Madden fan, but I have to disagree with him. We've seen MVP shine in the past, I still believe he's capable of doing so.

WWE Should have never transitioned him from a heel to a face. That's where they messed up.

telvisnostic

[32]Dec 9, 2010

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    Telvis will hate me for this, but I've gotta be honest, I never thought MVP should have a main event push. He's very good, and don't get me wrong, he's better than some other people who've been pushed that far, but I've just never seen him as a man that could carry a show.

Everyone thinks they deserve to be World Champion these days.

MVP could have been a solid over the top arrogant heel champion. He can talk, he can wrestle, he can get the crowd to love or hate him. Aren't those the things that people use to say that guy has 'it'? Too bad he had no one is his corner like others do.

A lot of people want to see him get teh big one these days because he is gone and they probably just srted liking him last month.

telvisnostic

[33]Dec 9, 2010

Crulex1369 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I think he made a reference to the whole "Lie, Cheat and Steal" bit Eddie did, acting like a criminal, where as MVP really was one. A low blow to me. The guy did his time and hasn't went back. Can't people just shove off?
    Ah, thank you for that. I never though of that at all. That is a low blow even for him.

BTW, your sig makes me laugh because he really looks like he has to go to the bathroom.

telvisnostic

[34]Dec 9, 2010

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    I've never actually looked up his crimes until now; an 18 and a half year sentence for armed robbery and kidnapping, of which he only completed only half. Wow. I'm amazed WWE ever gave him a job in the first place.

By the way, he has signed with New Japan.

They saw something in him and knew he served his time, same with Booker and Killings. Some people deserve second chances.

I wish him the best in New Japan and AAA when he goes there.

Edited on 12/09/2010 10:40am

Crulex1369

[35]Dec 11, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:

Crulex1369 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Ah, thank you for that. I never though of that at all. That is a low blow even for him.

BTW, your sig makes me laugh because he really looks like he has to go to the bathroom.

You're welcome. Madden needs to go away with snide *ss comments. It's one thing to disagree with people or things, it's another to take(real, not joking)pot shots at people like he's a saint or something.