WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Steriod Investigation

lightning_kf

[21]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 36
    Randyspeeps wrote:

eater11 wrote:
    Damm this might mean that orton wont beat cena for the title.

Yup thats exactly what that means, Everytime something is suppose to go good for Orton he screws himself over!!!

It's the story of his life sadly.

No worries. Vince ain't gonna release him, that's a guaranteed fact. He won't want any of his top guys going to TNA.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JLe1223

[22]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 20
    telvisnostic wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    So the walking, talking steroid bottle Batista was on the list. Well that's good to hear. He was long overdue anyways.

Now let's see. How is the WWE going to handle this situation now? Besides, Sylent has stated countless times that with the amount of bumps they take during this tedious workload, they'd have to take them so they could heal quicker. I wouldn't set it pass certain guys who do so.

From what i've been reading on variou ssites, the guys with the titles will drop their belts and be gone for 30 days (and Masters will most likely get 60) and Johnny Nitro will stay on tv bu tnot get paid. It was much like how Orton was treated when he failed the tests.

So does that mean Cm Punk will get the ECW Title? It said that you have to drop the Championship belt when you are suspended or fail drug test.

telvisnostic

[23]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 52
    JLe1223 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    So the walking, talking steroid bottle Batista was on the list. Well that's good to hear. He was long overdue anyways.

Now let's see. How is the WWE going to handle this situation now? Besides, Sylent has stated countless times that with the amount of bumps they take during this tedious workload, they'd have to take them so they could heal quicker. I wouldn't set it pass certain guys who do so.

From what i've been reading on variou ssites, the guys with the titles will drop their belts and be gone for 30 days (and Masters will most likely get 60) and Johnny Nitro will stay on tv bu tnot get paid. It was much like how Orton was treated when he failed the tests.
    So does that mean Cm Punk will get the ECW Title? It said that you have to drop the Championship belt when you are suspended or fail drug test.
    I don't see it happeneing unless the company changes their minds.

Edited on 09/01/2007 9:58am

telvisnostic

[24]Sep 1, 2007

IT gets even worsse:

fromwrestlezone.com

Details On Suspensions & Illegal Pharmacy Crossover
    09/01/2007 by Keelan Balderson
    Despite not being confirmed it is believed by most experts and insiders that the wrestlers suspended for so called "Wellness Violations" are in fact the exact list of wrestlers in the illegal pharmacy ring.

This is not WWE improving the Wellness Policy and cracking down, it's WWE saving their name from being associated with seedy online pharmacies.

WWE's wellness policy did not catch any of these wrestlers with the drugs in their systems at the time and are only now suspending them because the media got hold of the pharmacy list.

The officials in Albany NY, discovered the list and contacted WWE asking if they were going to act on the findings. WWE then released the statement about suspended wrestlers. Sports Illustrated and other sources got hold of the list and released the names.

Its a case of who on the list did WWE suspend, not who did WWE suspend who happened to be on the list.

We'll keep you posted.

lightning_kf

[25]Sep 1, 2007
    telvisnostic wrote:

IT gets even worsse:

fromwrestlezone.com

Details On Suspensions & Illegal Pharmacy Crossover
    09/01/2007 by Keelan Balderson
    Despite not being confirmed it is believed by most experts and insiders that the wrestlers suspended for so called "Wellness Violations" are in fact the exact list of wrestlers in the illegal pharmacy ring.

This is not WWE improving the Wellness Policy and cracking down, it's WWE saving their name from being associated with seedy online pharmacies.

WWE's wellness policy did not catch any of these wrestlers with the drugs in their systems at the time and are only now suspending them because the media got hold of the pharmacy list.

The officials in Albany NY, discovered the list and contacted WWE asking if they were going to act on the findings. WWE then released the statement about suspended wrestlers. Sports Illustrated and other sources got hold of the list and released the names.

Its a case of who on the list did WWE suspend, not who did WWE suspend who happened to be on the list.

We'll keep you posted.

Oh wow. Just when it couldn't get worse for the WWE.

tupac4lyfe

[27]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 4
    Has the nsmes been released to the public yet, I want to know who unlucky ones are.
    Edited on 09/01/2007 2:28pm

atanner

[28]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 8

Names Revealed By Sports Illustrated:
    Most-Likely The Ones Suspended

* Charlie Haas - Purchased drugs as late as January 2007.

* Chavo Guerrero - Purchased drugs as late as May 2006.

* Edge - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

* Funaki - Purchased Somatropin in March 2006.

* Gregory Helms - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

* John Morrison - Purchased five different drugs as late as February 2007 .

* Mr. Kennedy - Purchased three drugs between October 2006 and February 2007, including testosterone, which is an anabolic steroid. Kennedy sternly claimed in a recent interview entitled 'WWE Stopped My Steroid Use' that he completely stopped doing steroids as soon as the WWE Wellness Policy was implemented.

* Randy Orton - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

* Umaga - Purchased Somatropin as late as December 2006.

* William Regal - Purchased drugs as late as November 2006.

Listed As Clients Of Signature Pharmacy But Not On Sports Illustrated's List:

* Batista
    * Chris Masters
    * King Booker
    * Santino Marella
    * Simon Dean

No Longer Under WWE Contract Or Deceased:

* Brian Adams
    * Chris Benoit
    * Eddie Guerrero
    * Johnny Stamboli
    * Sylvain Grenier

Randyspeeps

[29]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 34
    lightning_kf wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:

eater11 wrote:
    Damm this might mean that orton wont beat cena for the title.

Yup thats exactly what that means, Everytime something is suppose to go good for Orton he screws himself over!!!

It's the story of his life sadly.

No worries. Vince ain't gonna release him, that's a guaranteed fact. He won't want any of his top guys going to TNA.

Thats good, he's lucky that he is still kinda young and has a good amount of years left in him so he should get plenty of opportunities.

telvisnostic

[30]Sep 1, 2007

It just keep getting better:

Comments Coming Back To Haunt Outed WWE Stars
    09/01/2007 by Ryan Clark
    When talking about the huge number of drug-related deaths in the business, a number of today's WWE stars have said they are due to problems of the past and that the industry is now clean. However, at least ten current WWE wrestlers have been found to be buying steroids and other drugs through the Internet, even after the company instituted a Wellness Policy specifically banning it.

Here are several quotes from a number of those wrestlers implicated in the Signature Pharmacy drug scandal, many of which denying any wrong doing and their own personal drug use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    William Regal
    As recently as this week, William Regal made comments to an Australian newspaper stating that he has never relied on steroids, except for when he was in his early 20s and starting out in wrestling of course. According to Sports Illustrated, Regal received Stanozolol, Somatropin, Genotropin, and Anastrozole between November 2004 and November 2006. Stanozolol is a synthetic anabolic steroid. Somatropin and Genotropin are Growth Hormone drugs. Anastrozole, while not a steroid, is used to counter the affects of steroids such as the development of female breast tissue.

Here are Regal's comments on steroids in professional wrestling that were published in the Sunshine Coast Daily just last Wednesday:

Q: The deaths of Chris Benoit and Eddy Guerrero have all been linked to steroid use, are steroids widely used in professional wrestling?

A: Certainly not, steroids is a hard thing for me to talk about, I'm open to talk about because it's not something that's part of my being as a performer, it's not something that I've ever relied on or anything that I've had anything to do with.

When I was in my early 20s, in fact very early 20s when I was still living in England and traveling the world I dabbled in steroids, but nobody ever told me to or forced me to.

Nowadays we get tested very thoroughly and if guys are going to use steroids and they get tested they're going to get caught and they're going to get found out or they're going to get suspended or fired, there's no getting away from the fact that there are people who use steroids not only in our line of work but in all lines of sports or business and it's something our company is doing its best to get away from and stamp out completely and hopefully that's something that's going to happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr. Kennedy
    As we all know, Mr. Kennedy had a lot of things to say this summer regarding his personal steroid use and that people like Marc Mero were wrong because drugs were a thing of the past in pro wrestling. According to Sports Illustrated, Kennedy received shipments of Anastrozole, Somatropin and Testosterone between October 2006 and February 2007 -- well beyond when the WWE Wellness Policy was put in place. Testosterone is an anabolic steroid. Somatropin is a Growth Hormone drug. And of course, Anastrozole is the drug used to ward of developing female breast tissue.

Here are some select quotes from Kennedy regarding steroids that he made in an interview with The Sun a little over two weeks ago.

"I never took massive amounts of steroids and do you know why I stopped taking them? Because of the WWE's Wellness Policy."

"Because they instituted the Wellness Policy (in February 2006) and I knew that having a job with the WWE was way more important than the 10 pounds of extra muscle that the steroids gave me."

"I stopped taking them and I had the biggest push of my life."

"I worked with The Undertaker for the last six, seven months. Working on top of all the house shows. I worked PPVs, I was on every PPV."

"I didn't take any steroids and that's the thing, nowadays, in our business, you don't have to take that stuff in order to get a push."

"We've got thousands upon thousands upon thousands of applicants every year, that apply to have a job as a WWE superstar and Vince picks the best of the litter, he picks the guys that have very good genetics."

Edge
    Back in March, Adam "Edge" Copeland became a key figure in an alleged steroid ring and drug investigation. On March 19, 2007, Sports Illustrated posted an article on its website in its continuing series investigating a steroid and HGH ring used by a number of professional athletes in several sports. That article mentioned several current and former WWE wrestlers, including Copeland who was alleged to have obtained HGH. In January 2005, Copeland admitted to using steroids in April 2004 after neck surgery as an experiment on TSN's Off The Record with Michael Landsberg. He said he felt it slowed him down, so he quickly got off the substance. According to Copeland, he took HGH after coming back from a spinal fusion neck surgery. He was told by doctors that it would help the bones grow back around the screws and plate that were inserted into his neck. He claims to have taken blood tests, consulted doctors, studied the drug, and got prescriptions before deciding to take them.

It was revealed this week by Sports Illustrated that Copeland received somatropin, genotropin and stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007. Somatropin and Genotropin are Growth Hormone drugs. Stanozolol is a synthetic anabolic steroid.

On the heels of his name turning up in the media back in March, Copeland did a post on his MySpace page confronting the allegations. In the post, Copeland claimed that he is "clean as a whistle." Here are some select quotes from his MySpace post:

"To the columnist who said a 'roided up thing called Edge' was at the NHL All Star Game a few weeks ago, in 2003, this may have been true."

"Now, not in the least, as my random urine tests, which have always been negative will attest."

"I guess I'll take the fact that he thought I was as somewhat of a compliment. To the fact that I've been lucky enough to have been gifted with a 6 foot 5, 240lb body naturally."

"And finally made it to the top of my industry last year on my own, clean as a whistle."

Gregory Helms
    Back in March, Sports Illustrated posted an article on its website in its continuing series investigating a steroid and HGH ring used by a number of professional athletes in several sports. That article mentioned several current and former WWE wrestlers, including Gregory Helms who was alleged to have obtained HGH.

Helms made a post on his MySpace page defending himself against the allegations. Helms claimed that he got his drugs through a legal doctor to help heal his numerous injuries. However, Sports Illustrated reported this week that Helms received received Testosterone (an anabolic steroid), Genotropin (Growth Hormone) and Nandrolone (another anabolic steroid) through the corrupt Internet drug firm, Signature Pharmacy, between November 2003 and February 2007. Purchasing drugs off the Internet is considered to be a direct violation of the WWE Wellness Policy.

Anyway, here are some quotes Helms made in the MySpace post he did back in March:

"If you get hurt and a doctor prescribes you a medicine/drug and therapy to help you and you take it, did that become wrong somewhere?"

"Several years ago I had hurt my knee and was advised by 2 different doctors to undergo this particular therapy. I didn't ask for it, hell, I didn't even know about it, all I knew is that I didn't want to have to have surgery. Not to mention that I would like for my life after wrestling to be as painless as possible. I won't be able to wrestle forever and I would hope that I'm entitled to the best quality of life availalbe to me when that time comes. I would like to think that it's well in my human rights to take whatever a doctor tells me to if it helps my condition and relieves my pain. Isn't that what everyone goes to a doctor for? Shane Helms committed no crime and did absolutely nothing illegal. And that is a FACT!!!"

"Trust me, there are a million ways to get any kind of legal or illegal medicine/drug you want. However, I was under the assumption that going thru a doctor, getting treatment and therapy for a totally LEGAL medicine was the right way to go about dealing with this particular injury."

"Look at me! I'm not 300 lbs of muscle, the biggest I've ever been is 215, I'm not abusing ANYTHING other that the abuse my body takes doing the job I love."

"Now I get that this "reporter" was just doing his job and was only using certain names from his list to sensationalize the article. And I guess it makes it sound more colorful to use the name Hurricane although I haven't been The Hurricane in almost 2 years now. Hell I guess this guy can pretty much get away with saying whatever he feels, I honestly don't know. I don't know him and I don't even deal with that particular Doctor anymore either. And if that Doctor did anything wrong himself, as long as it didn't involve me it shouldn't concern me or be directed towards me."

"Am I making an excuse? Not at all. Making up an excuse would be admitting that I did something wrong or illegal. I did neither. I'm just a guy that has torn his body to shreds for the job he loves. And there are times that I've had to do to the hospital and get different kinds of medicines/drugs/whatever to help me heal."

"Thanks again to everyone that's supported me, I love you all. Now forget all this bull and go have some fun!"

Batista
    In an interview with an Australia based media outlet last week, Batista made the following remarks in regards to the Wellness Policy and steroid use in wrestling:

"There is a serious testing program in place."

"I love what I do and hate it when people say wrestlers are drugged up on steroids. I won't accept it in the locker room and I'm in total compliance."

Batista's name has yet to be implicated by Sports Illustrated, although ESPN.com reported on Thursday that Batista was a client of the corrupt Internet drug firm, Signature Pharmacy, along with a number of other wrestlers.

Rey Mysterio
    Rey Mysterio has yet to come up in the latest wrestling drug scandal investigation, although his name has popped up in two other ones.

On March 19, 2007, Sports Illustrated posted on its website an article in its continuing series investigating a steroid and HGH ring used by a number of professional athletes in several sports. That article mentioned several current and former WWE wrestlers, including Rey Mysterio, who was alleged to have obtained Nandrolone and Stanozolol from Eddie Guerrero's primary physician, Dr. David Wilbirt. Nandrolone and stanozolol are both anabolic steroids. Wilbirt does indeed have ties to the corrupt Signature Pharmacy drug firm.

In an interview with Fox News on 8/23, Mysterio was asked about steroid use in wrestling, including his own. Host Steve Doocy asked point blank if he had ever used steroids, Mysterio said, "No. Never." When Doocy said people looking at him would think that he's probably on steroids, Mysterio responded by saying, "You can look at my body, and in a way, I am the biggest guy, right? No, I'm all dedication to wrestling. I've been doing this for eighteen years now. I've been training since I was eight years old." When asked about his name coming up in an investigation of Dr. Phil Astin, the doctor of the late Chris Benoit, Mysterio said that his only connection to him was getting pain medication, noting he had six knee operations. Mysterio said if they investigated Astin, they would find he only took pain medication.

wrestlezone.com

-------------

This is me laughing at Kennedy: data

But in all seriousness, they all should have SHUT UP!

Edited on 09/01/2007 4:19pm

zombieKILLER25

[31]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 14
    Kennedy:I never took massive amounts of steroids and do you know why I stopped taking them? Because of the WWE's Wellness Policy."

telvisnostic

[32]Sep 1, 2007

Long read, but it's the detailed list of what people had been suspended for in the past.

-Man my html is well formed. ARGH!

Here is a list of WWE Wellness Policy violations & suspensions and the reasons behind them dating back to the implementation of the program in February 2006, at least that we know of. There are fifteen people that we know of on the list including Randy Orton, Chris Masters, Joey Mercury, Rene Dupree, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Kid Kash, Matt Hardy, Ryan Reeves, Ryan O'Reilly, Balls Mahoney, Drew "Festus Dalton" Hankinson, Andrew "Test" Martin, referee Chris Kay and Jeff Hardy. However, this doesn't appear to be the complete list because it would appear as though that a few suspensions fell under the radar somehow. Supposedly, at least 24 performers have been suspended since the policy was implemented.

In a story that appeared in The Washington Post on 8/16 on drugs in professional wrestling called "Death Grip: Pro Wrestlers' Grim Cycle: Pain, Drugs and Doom," Dr. David Black, who conducts the WWE Wellness tests, commented on the amount of wrestlers who have tested positive on the tests since its implementation in February 2006. According to Black, "less than half" of its performers came back with positive results during the initial test in February 2006. Keep in mind, after Eddie Guerrero died and Vince McMahon announced that they were making a Wellness policy, he told the wrestlers to get off whatever they were using. So even with three months notice, "less than half" still failed the initial test. By that notion, the percentage of guys using stuff when Guerrero died must have been pretty high to say the least. Since then, Black estimates that there have been "sporadic" cases of positive tests, involving about 15 percent of performers. In a letter sent to Congress, WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt noted that 157 performers were tested in October 2006. A recent press release stated that WWE currently has 160 performers under contract. If what Black is saying true, at least 24 people have been suspended since the policy was implemented. However, that doesn't even include released talent, which would make the amount of performers being tested in the policy's history much higher, which would then increase the amount of suspensions that have occurred as well. So 24 performers having been suspended due to the WWE Wellness policy would be the low-end estimate. The performers flying under the radar likely involve wrestlers (or perhaps referees) on the low end of the totem pole in WWE. The mystery wrestlers were likely guys in developmental, in which case not too many people would have noticed, or wrestlers who often don't appear on house shows anyway due to space limitations. This especially rings true for SmackDown and ECW stars because they have to share the card on all house shows, which leaves a lot of wrestlers off of them.

Without further ado, here is the list of the known Wellness Policy violations -- fifteen in all. Expect ten more performers to be added to the list as early as this weekend.

Randy Orton - Suspended twice; in April 2006 and August 2006. What lead to Orton's first suspension was when he decided to openly smoke a rolled marijuana cigarette backstage with people present at the March 28, 2006 SmackDown taping in the Kemper Arena in Kansas City the week prior to WrestleMania. An official (Bruce "Brother Love" Prichard) found out about it and notified other people in management. Orton was already in hot water with management over several past infractions and that action was the straw that broke the camel's back. On April 4, 2006, Orton was suspended for 60 days for "unprofessional conduct." While suspended, Orton spent four weeks at an anger management clinic in Atlanta. Orton returned to action on June 7, 2006 for a feud with Kurt Angle.

Orton was suspended again in mid-August 2006 for a Wellness Policy violation. After the liver enzyme deal broke out, which ruined a number of matches for the Great American Bash in July 2006, Vince McMahon made the decision to dock pay from all Wellness Policy violators for however long the suspension would last, while keeping them on the road in the meantime. McMahon wasn't fond of the suspensions ruining ongoing storylines, so that's why he made his decision. Violators would continue to work television, but be kept off house shows. At the time, Orton was in the midst of a high-profile feud with Hulk Hogan as they were building towards a match at SummerSlam, and there was no way that they were going to remove him from television. Orton kept appearing on television, but without pay. He was removed from house shows for a little over a month. His last match at a house show event was on August 12, 2006. He didn't appear at another house show event until September 20, 2006 during a tour in Mexico. To save face, Orton claimed that his house show hiatus was due to him moving into a new home with his fiancée -- which is actually true, however, he was indeed serving a suspension during this time frame as well.

It would appear that Orton has two strikes against him, but more than likely, only has one strike against him. In the original WWE drug policy that was introduced on February 27, 2006, when it came to marijuana, if not legally prescribed by a physician, any use of it would fit under violation of the new policy. The original policy stated, "Any Talent who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of prohibited drugs will be in material breach of contract and subject to immediate dismissal." Orton was indeed in possession of marijuana, seeing how he was openly smoking a rolled marijuana cigarette backstage at the SmackDown taping the week before WrestleMania 23. However, the company doesn't test for marijuana, not to mention that the company labeled his suspension as "unprofessional conduct." So well, it would appear as though that Orton's first suspension was more of a conduct violation in WWE's eyes, rather than a Wellness Policy violation because it didn't involve law enforcement like in the case of Rob Van Dam. Orton doesn't appear to be danger of being terminated from the company after what WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt said in a recent interview.

McDevitt stated in an interview with Newsday last night that eleven wrestlers were being suspended for violating the WWE Wellness Policy. McDevitt noted than ten of the eleven wrestlers were first-time offenders and that only one individual was a second-time offender. The second-time offender will be suspended for 60 days. He didn't say anything about a possible third-time offender who would be in danger of being fired. Of the twenty-one wrestlers named as clients of the corrupt Internet drug firm Signature Pharmacy, only Randy Orton and Chris Masters have previous Wellness Policy violations on their respective records -- at least that we know of. However, the only wrestler that has been confirmed of purchasing drugs over the Internet after the WWE Wellness Policy was implemented in February 2006 is Randy Orton. Masters wasn't listed in the Sports Illustrated article so he's not totally guilty yet. Sports Illustrated noted that Orton received Somatropin, Nandrolone and Stanozolol through Signature Pharmacy from September 2004 until the firm was busted in February 2007. Stanozolol and Nandrolone are anabolic steroids. Somatropin is a Growth Hormone drug. Considering that Sports Illustrated's findings on Orton would be a direct violation of the WWE Wellness Policy, more than likely, Randy Orton is the second-time offender McDevitt noted that will be suspended for 60 days.

Orton was in hot water last April after causing $30,000 worth of damage to a hotel room in Germany while WWE was on tour. Orton was sent home from the European tour after he was found passed out in the wrecked hotel room. He was never suspended. He was simply ordered to pay restitution for the damage he had caused.

Chris Masters - Suspended in May 2006. Contrary to popular belief, he was suspended for painkillers, not steroids. He subsequently went to rehab. Masters was listed as being a client of Signature Pharmacy on Thursday night, so he could very well be facing a 60-day suspension for a second offense if he purchased drugs from the corrupt Internet firm after February 2006 when the Wellness Policy was implemented.

Joey Mercury - Suspended in May 2006. His suspension was due to painkillers. Due to the suspension, MNM was jobbed out and broken up at the Judgment Day 2006 pay-per-view. Mercury was forced to serve a 30-day suspension, although he stayed off television for six months because he was that much of a mess. He spent a lot of time in rehab during his six month hiatus. The week before WrestleMania 23, he came to work "messed up" at two consecutive house shows. He came to work in no condition to perform again at the 3/26 Raw taping and they had no choice but to fire him. Last month, Mercury was named Ohio Valley Wrestling's new Head Trainer of the OVW/DCW Beginner's ****Program, replacing John "Tank" Toland.

Rene Dupree - Suspended twice; in June 2006 and again in February 2007. After being out for several months with a reoccurring hernia injury, but just prior to his return to WWE (for the ECW brand) in August 2006, Dupree got suspended in June of that year for failing a drug test. On the February 20, 2007 edition of ECW, Dupree reformed La Resistance with Sylvan Grenier but the team's reunion was short-lived after Dupree was suspended the very next day for violating the WWE Wellness Policy. He was also sent to rehab. Because it was his second offense, his suspension lasted for 60 days. He was released from his contract on July 26, 2007, although it is unknown if it was due to another WWE Wellness Policy violation, which would have been his third strike, which would result in a termination from the company.

Kurt Angle - Suspended in late June/early July 2006. Angle was suspended due to an expired prescription for steroids. The date on the prescription had expired, and that's why he was suspended. Contrary to popular belief, he was never once suspended for pain killers nor was he fired over a failed test.

Rob Van Dam - Suspended in July 2006. WWE suspended Van Dam for 30 days as a result of his drug possession arrest on July 2, 2006. Even though its illegal, WWE doesn't test for marijuana. Although, its technically banned in the WWE Wellness Policy, and when his arrest became public, the company felt that they had no choice but to suspend him. Sabu was arrested as well for being in possession of drug paraphernalia and nine tablets of Testolactone. He may have been fined by the company, but he wasn't taken off the road as he worked two days later.

Kid Kash - Suspended in July 2006. The reason for his suspension remains unclear. The news of his suspension circulated on July 25, 2006. His last match prior to the suspension was at the Great American Bash pay-per-view two days before. He didn't return to action until August 29, 2006. The company let him go on September 27, 2006. It is believed that his attitude was the reason for his release.

Matt Hardy - Supposedly suspended in July 2006, although this one's unclear. He was reportedly informed of his suspension at the SmackDown taping on July 25, 2006. He worked that night's SmackDown taping in a loss to Sylvester Terkay. He didn't return until August 26, 2006 at a house show in Ocean City, MD -- a little over 30 days later. That would have been the first show in which Matt would have eligible to return. Hardy claimed that he was taken off the road due to a staph infection, which was indeed true because he posted a picture online showing the infection on his chest.

Ryan Reeves - Suspended in July 2006. His suspension was reportedly due to steroids. After being a contestant for Tough Enough in 2004, even though he had never wrestled in a match, WWE signed him to a developmental contract in 2005. He was in WWE's developmental system for a little over a year, but he never made the main roster. He was released last January alongside a slew of other talent who the company didn't see much of a future in. At the time of his suspension, he was one of the most jacked guys under contract to WWE. He is 6'2" and billed as being 275 pounds -- pretty much all of rock solid muscle. Furthermore, if you type in the username he uses for his MySpace page and e-mail account (which he uses to take indy wrestling bookings) at Google.com, 'silverback247', one of the search engine listings points you to a site called www.Steroidology.com. The website is an information website on steroids and bodybuilding. Under the Anabolic Steroids discussion forum on the site, there is a post by Reeves. A person under the username 'supergirl' talks about going to one of those Fitness conventions. Reeves does a post asking the girl if she can send him her picture. He uses the same e-mail address he takes wrestling bookings with, so it's obviously him. The post took place three years ago this weekend, just before he did Tough Enough 4. As if that isn't enough, just after his suspension, Reeves formed a tag team in OVW with Jon Bolen (who has since been released) called "High Dosage." It is unknown if Reeves is still wrestling as his name hasn't come up on any indy wrestling shows to my knowledge.

Ryan O'Reilly - Suspended in September 2006. There were plans to call O'Reilly up to the ECW roster in October of last year, but those plans were nixed when he failed a Wellness Test. He was going be in a tag team with with fellow DSW wrestler Derrick Neikirk. The two worked a few ECW house shows that summer as a tag team. O'Reilly is still under contract to WWE and is currently in WWE's Florida developmental territory.

Balls Mahoney - Suspended in September 2006. Mahoney was suspended for 30 days following a failed drug test. According to reports, the ECW wrestler had indications of the painkiller, Demerol, in his system. Despite the suspension, Mahoney wasn't completely taken off the road as he continued working television, just not house shows. After the liver enzyme deal broke out, which ruined a number of matches for the Great American Bash in July 2006, Vince McMahon made the decision to dock pay from all Wellness Policy violators for however long the suspension would last, while keeping them on the road in the meantime. McMahon wasn't fond of the suspensions ruining ongoing storylines, so that's why he made his decision. Violators would continue to work television, but be kept off house shows.

Drew "Festus Dalton" Hankinson - Suspended in October 2006. Hankinson, who is better known as Festus Dalton these days, was suspended last October for failing a Wellness test. He was a developmental wrestler in Deep South Wrestling at the time.

Andrew "Test" Martin - Suspended in February 2007. Martin was suspended for failing a Wellness test -- pretty much due to steroids. WWE actually held his suspension off for a little over a week so that he could wrestle in his scheduled ECW title match with Bobby Lashley at the Royal Rumble. Martin was released from his WWE contract on February 27 over some sort of disagreement with the company. In a recent post on his MySpace page, Martin argued that steroids shouldn't be an issue in pro wrestling because it isn't a sport. He also compared taking steroids to getting a tattoo. Martin has since surfaced in TNA under the name "The Punisher."

Chris Kay (referee) - Suspended on at least two occasions. Chris Kay was a referee on SmackDown. He was fired in July 2007 due to repeated drug test failures. In the spring, he was under a 60 day suspension for his second drug test failure. Presumably, he failed a third test, which calls for an immediate dismissal from the company.

Jeff Hardy - Suspended in July 2007. He was definitely suspended, although it is unknown if it was due to failing a test. The reasons behind this suspension remain unclear. The story with the most truth seems to be that he was suspended due to behavior/maturity issues. The webmaster of his website said on Jeff's behalf that he was taking time off due to a neck injury. He may have suffered a neck injury -- he suffered a stinger in his last match (with Mr. Kennedy) before the suspension -- but that wasn't the reason he was taken off the road.

Starting with Hardy's suspension, he was completely taken off the road, even if it ruined his ongoing storyline with Umaga. On the heels of the Benoit tragedy and Congress looking over their shoulder, WWE's going to be a whole lot harder on violators when it comes to doling out suspensions, even if it means ruining ongoing storylines. Hardy was actually eligible to appear at SummerSlam because his suspension had ended a few days prior to the event, but they wanted to show to him and other wrestlers that they mean business by making him miss his huge pay-per-view payoff. It was estimated that Hardy lost $100,000 during his suspension because he's out of all his house show money, his downside guarantee for 30 days, and of course the SummerSlam payoff -- which can be tens of thousands. The idea is to send a message to talent that if you get suspended, not only are you out for 30 days, but you're off TV and the PPV build-up as well, even if you are eligible to appear on the PPV by that point.

wrestlezone.com

Edited on 09/01/2007 11:07pm

atanner

[33]Sep 1, 2007

They are about to start Smackdown. Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio in an "I Quit" match plus The Great Khali and Finlay vs. Batista and Kane were announced for the show.

So Chavo, Rey, Khali, Finlay, Batista, and Kane are not suspended

Oh and Orton isn't suspended either.

lightning_kf

[34]Sep 1, 2007
    telvisnostic wrote:

Yeah. Now would not be the best time to say anything like that.

camatzotz

[35]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 63

Nick Dinsmore "Eugene" has just been released. I know he was suspended once before for taking soma.

telvisnostic

[36]Sep 2, 2007

lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    What I meant was that shold have stopped talking about roids in teh iinterviews. They could have passed on it.

Andthey've just put a ban of talking to the media on again.

Maybe someone will be stupid like Kennedy and rant and rave and then get caught.

Edited on 09/01/2007 11:08pm

lightning_kf

[37]Sep 2, 2007
    telvisnostic wrote:

lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    What I meant was that shold have stopped talking about roids in teh iinterviews. They could have passed on it.

Andthey've just put a ban of talking to the media on again.

Maybe someone will be stupid like Kennedy and rant and rave and then get caught.

Yeah, that was awesome. Kennedy got BUSTED!!!!!!!!

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

lingley

[38]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 6
    camatzotz wrote:

Nick Dinsmore "Eugene" has just been released. I know he was suspended once before for taking soma.

Oh no not Eugene!
    Looks like Chavo is one then.
    Umaga is listed for Raw this monday too so maybe he isnt one after all?

atanner

[39]Sep 2, 2007
    lingley wrote:
    camatzotz wrote:

Oh no not Eugene! Looks like Chavo is one then. Umaga is listed for Raw this monday too so maybe he isnt one after all?

No he's one of them, that's why he has a title defense against Hardy where he will most likely lose,

jord15

[40]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 21
    Helms and Kennedy took roids for injuries didn't they?