WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Steriod Investigation

hardyzangel

[41]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 5

jord15 wrote:
    Helms and Kennedy took roids for injuries didn't they?

yes,but its still breaches the wellness program i believe

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lightning_kf

[42]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 36
    hardyzangel wrote:

jord15 wrote:

And it also doesn't help Kennedy when he opened his big mouth about the wellness policy getting him off steroids, only to be one of the wrestlers to be suspended for buying them.

King_CGF

[43]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 4
    Hopefully Batista is suspended.

lightning_kf

[44]Sep 3, 2007

King_CGF wrote:
    Hopefully Batista is suspended.

He was cleared........apparently.

Hurricane1123

[45]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 34

Batista has something to say.

DemonWrestling wrote:
    To my fans and friends: I categorically deny a report on ESPN.com, and repeated by other media outlets, that I am or ever have been a customer of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, an on-line pharmacy company that is a target of an investigation by the Albany, New York District Attorney's Office. I am being tested regularly by the WWE, and I am in full compliance with the WWE Wellness Program. I regret the inaccurate reporting, and I will do all I can in the future to stop any publication or anyone from making such false accusations.
    Oh brother!

atanner

[46]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 8
    lightning_kf wrote:
    hardyzangel wrote:

jord15 wrote:

And it also doesn't help Kennedy when he opened his big mouth about the wellness policy getting him off steroids, only to be one of the wrestlers to be suspended for buying them.

Well they did help him get off them just not in time, they found the list from Februray so Kennedy most likely stopped after WM.

lightning_kf

[47]Sep 3, 2007
    Hurricane1123 wrote:

Batista has something to say.

DemonWrestling wrote:
    To my fans and friends: I categorically deny a report on ESPN.com, and repeated by other media outlets, that I am or ever have been a customer of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, an on-line pharmacy company that is a target of an investigation by the Albany, New York District Attorney's Office. I am being tested regularly by the WWE, and I am in full compliance with the WWE Wellness Program. I regret the inaccurate reporting, and I will do all I can in the future to stop any publication or anyone from making such false accusations.
    Oh brother!

Aw pucker up, Bleh-tista.

telvisnostic

[48]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 52

I was reading my sites as usual and this is what I found. It does contain spoilers, so if the spoiler tags don't work, well I warned yah.

SPECIAL BONUS SECTION: ALL OF THE FACTS IN THE WWE SUSPENSION-GROWTH ENHANCEMENT STORY, FULL COVERAGE FROM THE BEGINNING
    by The PWInsider.com Staff @ 9:53:15 AM on 9/4/2007

WITH TV TAPED AND WWE'S MOVES MADE, IT'S TIME TO LOOK AT THE PLAYERS IN THE GROWTH ENHANCER SCANDAL AND WHERE THEY STAND
    by Dave Scherer @ 3:00:50 PM on 9/3/2007

Note: This article contains spoiler information from this week's TV. If you want to be surprised by TV, stop reading now.

In the wake of the WWE growth enhancers story that broke last week in Sports Illustrated (and other news outlets), I did a piece looking at the names mentioned and what the implications of them being tied to the Signature Pharmacy investigation were. While WWE has not confirmed who was actually suspended, the feeling around the company was that by the time TV was taped, we would have a pretty good idea who was going to be missing the next 30 days (and in one case 60 days).

The one big question going in was how would WWE deal with the suspensions from a storyline standpoint? It appears that those questions were answered over the past two days as talent were apparently able to work one last TV shot to tie up loose ends in their programs. Personally, I think that is only right for WWE to be able to do, for a few reasons. For one thing, they have a product that they need to produce and continuity is important. More so than that however is that all of these violations happened more than six months ago. There wasn't an urgency to act on them, as long as action was taken. Obviously, that is the case since 11 people have been announced as being suspended.

So, let's take a look at how the people who were named fared as well as our best guess as to what it means going forward. Luckily, starting on November 1 the company will finally start doing the right thing and release the names of people who test positive and the guess work will no longer be an issue. But for now, it's just educated guesswork. Let's get to the lists.

Sports Illustrated:

Chavo Guerrero. Chavo got laid out in an injury angle at the hands of Rey Mysterio, giving Rey a revenge win and putting Chavo on the storyline shelf. This one seems pretty obvious to me.

Best guess: See ya in 30 days.

Shane Helms. He is out rehabbing an injury so there is nothing definitive here. If he is on the list, we probably won't ever know unless he were to have a later suspension and be sent home for 60 days instead of 30.

Best guess: See ya when the injury heals.

Randy Orton. This was one of the most interesting names on the list. Some people even speculated he was the one guy who would get 60 days off. Instead, he's in the main event of Unforgiven against John Cena. While this is not confirmed, I have been told by a few people that Orton either already told WWE about this or already served a suspension for it, so he was off the hook here.

Best guess: He's in the clear.

John "Morrison" Hennigan. Dave Lagana probably cried in his coffee for the past few days as his pet project hit a serious bump in the WWE road. Hennigan lost the ECW Title to CM Punk on Saturday night, ironically enough a man who does a "straight edge" gimmick. In truth, Punk should have already won this belt and now the right thing has happened for the wrong reason, at least for a month.

Best guess: See ya in 30 days. The way they took the belt off of their boy here tells you it's not much of a guess either.

Ken "Kennedy" Anderson. Ah, the "company man" was all set to be Mr. McMahon's storyline son and get the push of his life. Not so fast there Ken, it's been alleged you have done some things in the past that you swore you stopped doing. After last night'sRaw taping, creative had to change plans and someone else will now get the plum role of Vinnie's kid.

Best guess: See ya in 30 days. Like John Morrison, this one isn't much of a guess either.

Shoichi Funaki. He didn't get any TV time but what does that mean really? He's so far under the radar no one will miss him either way.

Charlie Haas. He took the pin in last night's tag title number one contenders match. The writing seems to be squarely on the wall there. WGTT's loss is Brian Kendrick and Paul London's gain and now Shelton Benjamin has bleached hair for nothing.

Edward "Umaga" Fatu. Umaga lost his IC Title to Jeff Hardy last night, ironically enough after Hardy had just spent his own month away from the WWE rings. This one seems as cut and dried as it could possibly be.

Best guess: See ya in 30 days. Like John Hennigan before him, when titles don't change hands on the biggest PPV of the summer but do on free TV a few weeks later, there isn't much guessing being done here.

Darren "William Regal" Matthews. His plum spot as Raw GM was taken from him and put on the always resilient and always dependable Coach last night. There is no reason that would have happened in that manner if WWE wasn't forced to do it.

Best guess: See ya in 30 days. This is another one that couldn't be more obvious. On another note, let's hope Matthews finally learns. I can't believe he was listed here, I really can't.

Adam "Edge" Copeland. He's in the Shane Helms boat. Losing a month's pay when you are rehabbing sure has to be considered a lot less embarrassing than getting sent home.

Best guess: See ya when the injury heals.

Suspension List Update: If you assume that the injured Copeland and Helms were suspended, that is nine of the 11.

New York Daily News:

The News had many of the men listed on Sports Illustrated's list so let's look at the other names that they had.

Robert "King Booker" Huffman: He didn't work Saturday's house show and did not appear on Raw last night. That seems very telling. The Raw workers are headed to South Africa, where Booker and his wife Sharmell were set to get married again. If he is indeed on the list, it will be interesting to see if he goes to Africa anyway.

Best guess: If the rumors are true and Booker chooses to walk away from WWE if he was told he was going to be suspended, I would be shocked. I think in the end, a cooler head would prevail. So I say, see ya in 30 days.

Anthony "Santino Marella" Carelli: He didn't fare very well at TV last night, that's for sure. But, he wasn't totally written out either. So, this could be going either way.

Best guess: This one is 50/50.

Suspension List Update: This brings us up to at least 10, and maybe all 11 of the list.

ESPN:

Dave "Batista" Bautista. He is in the Smackdown main event next month and was very angry to have his name mentioned in this scandal. He has threatened legal action. It sure looks like ESPN got this one wrong to me.

Best guess: He should have never been mentioned in the first place and that isn't a guess.

Chris "Masters" Mordetsky. It would appear that the last suspension would be either him or Santino Marella. He didn't get any TV time so it's hard to say either way. Since ESPN seems to have erred in listing Batista, it's possible that they did with him as well.

Best guess: This one is 50/50.

Suspension List Update: Masters is either number 11 or not on it.

source: pwinsider.com

--------------

Batista's angry and Orton is not suspended. I'm wondering about Masters, Booker T and Santino. They've been implicated, yet nothing has come from it.

Edited on 09/04/2007 9:42am

lightning_kf

[49]Sep 4, 2007

telvisnotic wrote:

Randy Orton. This was one of the most interesting names on the list. Some people even speculated he was the one guy who would get 60 days off. Instead, he's in the main event of Unforgiven against John Cena. While this is not confirmed, I have been told by a few people that Orton either already told WWE about this or already served a suspension for it, so he was off the hook here.

What in the blue blazes? He got cleared because of that? Come on now, that looks suspicious as hell in my eyes.
    Edited on 09/04/2007 2:29pm

JLe1223

[50]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 20
    Orton should've been suspended.
    Edited on 09/05/2007 5:20am

lingley

[51]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 6
    Seems Orton can get away with anything.

telvisnostic

[52]Sep 5, 2007
    lingley wrote:
    When you know the right people you usually can and he does.

gamerboy190

[53]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 18
    lingley wrote:

Friends in high places.

Stonecold61

[54]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    how long untill they come back

telvisnostic

[55]Sep 8, 2007
    Stonecold61 wrote:
    It's to be 30 days and 60 for repeat offenders and firing for the thrid strike.

telvisnostic

[56]Sep 8, 2007

I remember I told lightning that the gals would be next and yup they are. There are no names yet though.

source: wrestlezone.com:

:
    A number of WWE sources reportedly expressed surprise over the fact that no WWE Divas have shown up on the Signature Pharmacy client list. While there is no evidence linking the women to that particular pharmacy (or any online pharmacy), sources, as reported by The Torch, say that some do use banned substances that can be purchased over the Internet. The alleged drugs of choice for some of WWE's Divas are Clenbuterol, an asthma drug similar to ephedrine (but stronger and longer lasting) that helps burn fat (it also has anti-catabolic properties), Cytomel, a synthetic version of the T3 thyroid hormone that burns fat very rapidly, and Anavar, a mild anabolic steroid that appeals to women based on its reputation of producing very minimal side effects (both masculine and general).

And Victoria is the first to respond on her blog yesterday:

From Victoria MySpace :

September 7, 2007 - Friday

Two Rumors...

I'm sick to my stomach about a couple of things, and I want to address them. First, I get some emails today asking me if I'm one of the WWE Divas that "a number of WWE sources" claim are using drugs. Where did that information come from? Where did that quote come from? Wrestling websites. So I want to address those wrestling websites...

My mom is a wrestling fan. My nieces and nephews are wrestling fans. I have many girls and young women who look up to me. I do not, and have not ever violated the wellness program, even before it existed. For those who do not know, I used to work in the medical field. I know that the drugs that unnamed WWE Divas are accused of taking can cause anything from sudden death to organ failure to serious lifelong medical conditions. It's irresponsible to suggest to young women that they need to take drugs to look like a WWE Diva. We all have serious diet and training regimens. My trainer has trained over 100 professional athletes, and I train as hard as any of them. That's what it takes to look like a Diva. So I am giving three options to any website that suggested that any of the WWE Divas have violated the wellness program.You can choose any one:

1)Print a retraction and apology to the WWE Divas.

2) Produce any of your "number of WWE sources"

3) Contact WWE. Pay my WWE appearance fee. I will take a polygraph test saying what I have just previously stated. And if I fail, not only will I reimburse you for the WWE appearance fee, but I will donate $10,000 to your favorite charity.

And to any website that made that false claim that doesn't either want to apologize, pony up your source, or put your money where your mouth is, I say this...I will never grant an interview with you. I will go out of my way to make sure that no other WWE talent ever grants an interview with you. And I will make it my mission that should any indepedent worker ever grant an interview with you, should they make it to the WWE, they will get the most brutal "welcome to the bigs" in the history of sports entertainment.

android1000

[57]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 21
    It was only a matter of time before the Divas were involved. Ofcourse the spotlight is on the strong Divas. Beth Phoniex, Victoria, maybe Melina, maybe Mickie, and maybe Michelle McCool.(doubt the last three)

atanner

[58]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 8

telvisnostic wrote:
    Stonecold61 wrote:
    It's to be 30 days and 60 for repeat offenders and firing for the thrid strike.

Everyone is 30 days except Masters who is gone for 60 days.

lightning_kf

[59]Sep 8, 2007

Well Telvisnotic, you know what I'm about to say. And it involves 2 'G' words.

GOOD.........GRIEF!!!!!!!!!

This whole steroid bust is like weeds. Just when you get rid of them, a new one comes out of nowhere and it's deja vu all over again.

First it was guys that we would never suspect were on them (Chavo). Then we had Flair quitting right before his name appeared on that list. NOW THE WOMEN ARE ON THEM?????? I got absolutely nothing to say. I'll be happy to hear that Victoria, Mickie, Jillian, Michelle and Beth are not on them. As for everyone else, I don't care.

Man. What next, the midget was on steroids? The referees? The announcers? The creative staff? The hell is this, a wrestling/entertainment empire or a pharmacy?

Edited on 09/08/2007 6:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Hurricane1123

[60]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 34
    lightning_kf wrote:

Well Telvisnotic, you know what I'm about to say. And it involves 2 'G' words.

GOOD.........GRIEF!!!!!!!!!

This whole steroid bust is like weeds. Just when you get rid of them, a new one comes out of nowhere and it's deja vu all over again.

First it was guys that we would never suspect were on them (Chavo). Then we had Flair quitting right before his name appeared on that list. NOW THE WOMEN ARE ON THEM?????? I got absolutely nothing to say. I'll be happy to hear that Victoria, Mickie, Jillian, Michelle and Beth are not on them. As for everyone else, I don't care.

Man. What next, the midget was on steroids? The referees? The announcers? The creative staff? The hell is this, a wrestling/entertainment empire or a pharmacy?

Next thing you know people will accuse me of being on steroids.

HURRICANE MAD! HURRICANE SMASH!