WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Steriod Investigation

gamerboy190

[81]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 18

That's unbelivable.....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[82]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 52

lightning_kf wrote:
    Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    :
    It is being reported that Randy Orton wasn't suspended being linked to the Signature Pharmacy since he admitted to purchasing steroids from an online pharmacy last August, when he was suspended for failing a drug test. Ironically, Orton's last package from Signature came just before the government raid. Given this could have been Orton's third violation and as written in the WWE Wellness policy it would have meant termination.

Given the current state of WWE, they obviously are not going to fire one of their biggest draws. It does seem strange that unlike the other superstars linked to Signature; he was not punished for this violation.
    Aw what the frickin' hell? Orton is so lucky that he's friends with the politician HHH and that TNA is around, or he'd be shown the door. Just like Monty Brown was, from what Wounds told me.
    What's that old saying? "It's now WHAT you know, it's WHO you know".

Sad isn't it?

No wonder noone wants to work on RAW anymore.

lightning_kf

[83]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 36
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

And if the WWE continues down this path, they might as well kiss their butts goodbye.

Top draw or not, you're getting suspended. And if you're Orton's case, released. I don't care, the top guys must learn a lesson and if I have to use someone as an example, then so be it.

What they're basically saying is, oh this guy is a bigger name than you so he gets off the hook over you (sounds familiar to TNA and the former WWE talent, doesn't it). Each guy is treated the exact same way in my eyes. As unfair as this is, if they wanna go through this then go right ahead. Just remember one thing:

Edited on 09/19/2007 5:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Cadefan22

[84]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 28
    telvisnostic wrote:

Cadefan22 wrote:
    There is a rumor that Umaga is comming back at No Mercy to face against Triple H. When did Umaga got suspended?
    He was suspended after he lost the belt to Jeff on RAW.

Date: September 2, 2007
    Show: Monday Night Raw Tapings
    Defeated: Umaga

And if i'm not mistaken, the match is listed for No Mercy on their site.

So he will be back at No Mercy. Great.

telvisnostic

[85]Sep 19, 2007
    Cadefan22 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Cadefan22 wrote:
    There is a rumor that Umaga is comming back at No Mercy to face against Triple H. When did Umaga got suspended?
    He was suspended after he lost the belt to Jeff on RAW.

Date: September 2, 2007
    Show: Monday Night Raw Tapings
    Defeated: Umaga

And if i'm not mistaken, the match is listed for No Mercy on their site.

So he will be back at No Mercy. Great.
    It sur elooks that way.

telvisnostic

[86]Sep 19, 2007
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

And if the WWE continues down this path, they might as well kiss their butts goodbye.

Top draw or not, you're getting suspended. And if you're Orton's case, released. I don't care, the top guys must learn a lesson and if I have to use someone as an example, then so be it.

What they're basically saying is, oh this guy is a bigger name than you so he gets off the hook over you (sounds familiar to TNA and the former WWE talent, doesn't it). Each guy is treated the exact same way in my eyes. As unfair as this is, if they wanna go through this then go right ahead. Just remember one thing:

That's why i'm all about the indies more so than before.

lightning_kf

[87]Sep 19, 2007
    telvisnostic wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

I feel ya.

Man, mainstream wrestling has gotten so corporated over the years.

gamerboy190

[88]Sep 19, 2007
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

I feel ya.

Man, mainstream wrestling has gotten so corporated over the years.

Who you tellin'? Anyway, i wish I can turn back the hands of time and go back to the days of true technical wrestling.

sylent_asassin

[89]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 26
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

Maybe this is why Jericho has been stalling. Working on Raw is like working in WCW all over again. The talent doesn't get pushed because the big names have the power and are clogging everything up. I remember Jericho complaining about that in "Monday Night Wars". Kind of ironic that WWE has pretty much become the new WCW.

Hurricane1123

[90]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 34
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

Maybe this is why Jericho has been stalling. Working on Raw is like working in WCW all over again. The talent doesn't get pushed because the big names have the power and are clogging everything up. I remember Jericho complaining about that in "Monday Night Wars". Kind of ironic that WWE has pretty much become the new WCW.
    Nah! I would actually give TNA nowadays the moniker of the new WCW.

gamerboy190

[91]Sep 21, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

Which makes Vince is a hypocrite. He criticized WCW for what it was, now Raw is the epitome (or even worse) of the crap that represents Raw.

zombieKILLER25

[92]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 14
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Sad isn't it?

what the hell are you talking about?

lightning_kf

[93]Sep 24, 2007
    Hurricane1123 wrote:

Both of them have some of WCW in them.

First we have the backstage politics of WCW on Monday Night Raw, AKA Triple H.

Then we have the inability to push your own talent over the other talent that you get from other promotions in TNA, and wasting money on the rival talent over your own and not utilising for other things, such as advertising.

Edited on 09/24/2007 3:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

gamerboy190

[94]Sep 27, 2007
    lightning_kf wrote:
    Hurricane1123 wrote:

Both of them have some of WCW in them.

First we have the backstage politics of WCW on Monday Night Raw, AKA Triple H.

Then we have the inability to push your own talent over the other talent that you get from other promotions in TNA, and wasting money on the rival talent over your own and not utilising for other things, such as advertising.

The decline of WWE is nigh....

telvisnostic

[95]Sep 30, 2007

So the dudes are coming back this week:

source: Ryan Clark of Wrestlezone.com

:
    WWE announced the suspensions of eleven wrestlers on Thursday, August 30. If the suspensions started on the very same day of the announcement, then the 30-day suspensions should have ended on Friday. The wrestlers on 30-day suspensions should be eligible to return as early as today. Although, they're not holding any Raw house shows this weekend, so it's moot point, but the Raw wrestlers should be able to return to the ring this Monday at the Raw taping in Cleveland. WWE's holding a SmackDown/ECW house show tonight in Peoria, Ill. and another one tomorrow night in Hammond, Ind. Anyway, two of the eleven suspended wrestlers are definitely not returning this weekend.

King Booker is currently serving a 60-day suspension, so he's still got another month before he is eligible to return. Had he not a failed a Wellness test earlier in the year, he would only be serving a 30-day suspension for his involvement with Signature Pharmacy. The other wrestler not returning this weekend is Chavo Guerrero. It doesn't appear that he was suspended for 60 days, but they're holding off his return a little bit longer due to the "I Quit" stipulation in his write-off match with Rey Mysterio a few weeks ago. They're going to be holding off Chavo's return to the ring until early November.

The status of Chris Masters is still unclear. He was one of the eleven suspended wrestlers, but it is unknown as to how long his suspension is going for. If he returns sometime within the next month, then him being put in rehab in May 2006 doesn't count as a drug issue and that Masters never actually failed a Wellness test. But if he isn't back within the month, then that issue he had last year counted against the Wellness policy. There would then be two strikes against him. One more violation of the Wellness policy would result in an automatic termination from the company for Masters.

The other wrestlers that should be able to return to the ring this weekend include Charlie Haas, John Morrison, William Regal, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga and Funaki. Edge and Gregory Helms are still out with injuries, though Edge should be returning to action soon.

One more wrestler to watch is Gene Snitsky. It's interesting to note that Snitsky hasn't appeared on a WWE show since the last Raw show before the Signature Pharmacy scandal story broke out. His last appearance in a WWE ring was on August 27 at a Raw/Heat taping. We haven't heard anything about him suffering some sort of injury or dealing with a non-wrestling related matter. It would seem really peculiar if he suddenly returned to television this week along with the other guys. However, it should be noted that Snitsky's name didn't come up in a single media report regarding the Signature Pharmacy drug scandal, so this could all just be a mere coincidence and the creative team just doesn't have anything for him at this time, but this is definitely something worth pondering about.

Let's hope these guys have learned their lessons (which they probably haven't or won't.)

lightning_kf

[96]Sep 30, 2007

telvisnostic wrote:

Let's hope these guys have learned their lessons (which they probably haven't or won't.)

I know a certain someone does. Now remember, Ken Anderson, the moral of this lesson is to never make yourself look like a complete idiot in front of the media. That's what Vince McMahon is for .

Edited on 09/30/2007 8:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

android1000

[97]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 21
    Finally, Morrison, Kennedy and Umaga are back.

gamerboy190

[98]Oct 1, 2007
    android1000 wrote:

Kennedy hasn't been good in his last couple of matches like he should be, just saying. Umaga is improving, and Morrison is good.

Randyspeeps

[99]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 34

gamerboy190 wrote:
    android1000 wrote:
    Kennedy hasn't been good in his last couple of matches like he should be, just saying. Umaga is improving, and Morrison is good.

I agree Morrison is just simply good and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers.

android1000

[100]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 21
    Randyspeeps wrote:

gamerboy190 wrote:
    android1000 wrote:

I agree Morrison is just simply good and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers.

Same here. Morrison is good and is going higher on my favorite wrestler list.