WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Steriod Investigation

sylent_asassin

[141]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 26
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Morrison is about the same size as guys such as Edge, Orton, and Kennedy.

Sorry. Not even close:

Edge- 6'4" 240 lbs.
    Kennedy- 6'2" 243 lbs.
    Orton- 6'4" 245 lbs.

Morrison- 6'0" (he's probably closer to 5'11") 219 lbs.

That's an average of 3" of height and 23 pounds.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[142]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 52
    Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

:
    An updated WWE Wellness Policy is expected to be released soon. The revised policy would theoretically close some of the loopholes in the program. There will be some changes made to the policy besides having provisions for marijuana being tested and that all names of failures will be listed on the company's website. Regarding that, the hope is that the threat of names being publicly released will scare them into not violating the policy due to the embarrassment it causes. They are also doing this because the belief is that the wire services and national media -- not just the wrestling media -- will write about the drug failures, which would be a huge deterrent to test failing. The drug suspensions of Harry "DH" Smith & Chris Masters got national coverage last week as it made the AP wires and even got a mention during a Fox News broadcast.

lightning_kf

[143]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 36
    One thing for sure, Orton and Batista's names aren't gonna be on that list. Despite the fact that they WERE on the initial list. And if they do appear, I'll be shocked as hell.
    Edited on 11/15/2007 12:55pm

telvisnostic

[144]Nov 15, 2007

http://timesunion.comand pwinsider.com:

Former cop tied to Albany steroids probe arrested in Fla.

Anthony Forgione had a loaded handgun, fake ID when picked up by state Health Dept. investigators By BRENDAN J. LYONS , Senior writer

Last updated: 1:05 a.m., Thursday, November 15, 2007

-A former Suffolk County police officer whose Florida wellness clinic has been accused of supplying illicit steroids and other drugs to professional athletes was arrested in South Florida Wednesday on a felony complaint tied to an Albany-based steroids investigation.

Anthony Forgione, 43, had a loaded handgun, a forged NYPD retirement badge and suspected evidence of widespread drug distribution when police and New York state Health Department investigators raided his Delray Beach office Wednesday afternoon, according to a law enforcement source in Florida.

Forgione is scheduled to be arraigned in Albany County later this week pending his extradition from Palm Beach County. Forgione also is a former Boca Raton police officer who was fired in April 2003 for allegedly using anabolic steroids, according to Florida State Department records and a story published in the Palm Beach Post that year.

Dr. Gary Brandwein, a Florida physician who is currently free on bond under a felony indictment for drug-related charges in Albany County, was briefly handcuffed during Wednesday's raid when he was found at Forgione's office by law enforcement officers, authorities said.

Brandwein was released and not arrested.

Forgione's clinic, Infinity Longevity, emerged as a target in the sprawling investigation two years ago as law enforcement agents in Orlando and Albany began building a case around Signature Pharmacy in Orlando. The Central Florida pharmacy was raided in February. It's been described by authorities as the central target in an ongoing investigation involving a maze of pharmacies, doctors, pharmacists and wellness center operators accused of exploiting laws to sell steroids and other drugs to patients without medical need.

Signature's owners, Robert ``Stan'' and Naomi, Loomis, who are husband-and-wife pharmacists, have pleaded not guilty to felony indictments in Albany.

Infinity Longevity allegedly once supplied drugs to Christopher Benoit, a pro wrestler who hanged himself after strangling his wife and suffocating his 7-year-old son in their Georgia home, according to law enforcement sources.

The prescriptions were filled by Signature Pharmacy, Albany prosecutors confirmed earlier. The clinic also is suspected of supplying drugs to other athletes, including Major League Baseball players, according to sources in the case.

Sealed wiretaps that were conducted by Florida law enforcement, and reviewed by the Times Union, indicate Infinity Longevity may have routinely steered business to Signature pharmacy.

The wiretaps showed at least one instance last year in which law enforcement officials were listening in on Signature's telephone calls when there was an exchange involving Infinity Longevity.

A transcript of that call recounted a man calling Signature pharmacy and saying he was ready to make a purchase after finding their Web site on the Internet. Tony Palladino, a corporate account manager at Signature, fielded the call and explained to the man that they only filled prescriptions. He advised the caller to contact Infinity Longevity.

``Just ask for Anthony,'' Palladino told the caller. ``He's the only one there. They'll tell you everything you need to do.''

It just seems to get worse buet better at the same time. These guys get raided and hopefully put injail and maybe some lives will be saved or at least more babies made.

Edited on 11/15/2007 1:35pm

lightning_kf

[145]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 36
    The only thing I can say about this whole ordeal is, wow.

Hurricane1123

[146]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 34
    I never knew that so many physicians were so closely linked to giving their patients steroids.

telvisnostic

[147]Nov 15, 2007
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    I never knew that so many physicians were so closely linked to giving their patients steroids.
    I didn't either until I started searching and stuff. It' smind boggling.

GameWiz1000

[148]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 25

sylent_asassin wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Sorry. Not even close: Edge- 6'4" 240 lbs. Kennedy- 6'2" 243 lbs. Orton- 6'4" 245 lbs. Morrison- 6'0" (he's probably closer to 5'11") 219 lbs. That's an average of 3" of height and 23 pounds.

Sure, if you compare their weights (which may or may not be accurate), Morrison would seem like by farthe smallest one. But if they stand side by side, Morrison would look much more like the stereotypical wrestler than Edge McFlabby does.

Hurricane1123

[149]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 34
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Sorry. Not even close: Edge- 6'4" 240 lbs. Kennedy- 6'2" 243 lbs. Orton- 6'4" 245 lbs. Morrison- 6'0" (he's probably closer to 5'11") 219 lbs. That's an average of 3" of height and 23 pounds.

Sure, if you compare their weights (which may or may not be accurate), Morrison would seem like by farthe smallest one. But if they stand side by side, Morrison would look much more like the stereotypical wrestler than Edge McFlabby does.

Edge: Oh Yeah! Well you should shut up!

I never get tired of that quote!

telvisnostic

[150]Nov 15, 2007
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    That has got to be one of the funniest thing's i've read on this board in a while.

gamerboy190

[151]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 18
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    That has got to be one of the funniest thing's i've read on this board in a while.

Comical indeed.

telvisnostic

[152]Nov 16, 2007
    Chris Mordetzky (formerly Chris Masters) was a guest on the November 15th edition of The Shoot. He came on after JJ Dillon at about 30 mins into the show. He was welcomed by Hosts Gary Cantrell and Justin Bailey and they jumped right into his suspension turned to release. He confirmed being one of the 12 wrestlers suspended from the Signature Pharmacy scandal. Said that he spent the 30 days getting healthier and ready to come back to action. He said when he came back, he was tested again 3 other times in a matter of a week and a half. One out of the 3 he tested positive for a substance not allowed with the Wellness Policy, he said he was very surprised by this. He got the call from John Laurinatis saying that he was gone for 60 days. Chris brought up the CNN special and how a lot of heat was being placed on Vince. He said he had a strange feeling he might get another call and be released. He stated that the very next day he got a call from Laurinatis stating that he was being released from WWE.

About 9 minutes into the interview, Justin asks Chris if he thinks Vince should take any responsibility at all for anything. Chris begins to reply that he doesn't think Vince should be completely on the hot seat meanwhile his cell phone begins to ring and to everyone's surprise its WWE Champion Randy Orton. "RANDY ORTON" he says in an enthusiastic voice. "Dude, i'm doing an interview for The Shoot right now" He then pauses to listen, followed by laughter. "Randy says hello and goddamn" They talk for a moment and Chris tells him he'll call him back. Before the interview resumes he mentions that this is the first time that he's spoken to Orton since his release. "I don't think you can put the complete blame on anybody. We all make our decisions, there's alot of stuff that i regret and i can look back on and i made some mistakes." He goes on to say that you really have to live the life they live to truly understand what they go through.

sylent_asassin

[153]Nov 16, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby

Comical indeed.

I don't get it.

telvisnostic

[154]Nov 16, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    Comical indeed.
    I don't get it.
    McFlabby...it'sfunny.

sylent_asassin

[155]Nov 16, 2007
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    Comical indeed.
    I don't get it.
    McFlabby...it'sfunny.

If Edge had a gut and was known for frequenting McDonalds for McFlurries, yes. *shrugs* (Sound of plane flying over my head)

telvisnostic

[156]Nov 16, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    Comical indeed.
    I don't get it.
    McFlabby...it'sfunny.
    If Edge had a gut and was known for frequenting McDonalds for McFlurries, yes. *shrugs* (Sound of plane flying over my head)
    He jiggles a bit when he runs. You don't always have to have gobs of flab or even a big gut to be McFlabby.

gamerboy190

[157]Nov 16, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby

Comical indeed.

I don't get it.

Just think on the interpretation of the name and perceive it through Edge. Just comical.

android1000

[158]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    Comical indeed.
    I don't get it.
    McFlabby...it'sfunny.
    He jiggles a bit when he runs. You don't always have to have gobs of flab or even a big gut to be McFlabby.

Do you have to get it for it to be funny? I still think it's funny I'm with you GameWiz. You people are now bagering Morrison. Let's see the list is, Batista, Orton, Moorrison. Anyone else I forget?

gamerboy190

[159]Nov 16, 2007
    android1000 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    Comical indeed.
    I don't get it.
    McFlabby...it'sfunny.

Do you have to get it for it to be funny? I still think it's funny I'm with you GameWiz. You people are now bagering Morrison. Let's see the list is, Batista, Orton, Moorrison. Anyone else I forget?

Unfortunately, my King Booker and others.

android1000

[160]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    android1000 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Edge McFlabby
    Comical indeed.
    I don't get it.
    McFlabby...it'sfunny.

Unfortunately, my King Booker and others.

King Booker? I thought they critisized his King angle.