Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Steriod Investigation

telvisnostic

[181]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 52
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Actually, Orton doesn't have the body of a juicer. Batista and Masters on the other hand.... Those guys are the only ones I can think of that had massive losses in mass and weight.
    But you know as well as I do that you don't have to be huge to be a juicer. I.E. Micheals (SOMA), Bret Hart, Funaki...etc.

And Tista actually looks smaller in the boobs area, he and Trips. And for some reason Morrison looks solid in the abs area again. But then again, I don't check everyone out meticulously.

Oh, I know. I was referring to the massive weight loss aspect. If/when Orton juices, it's probably for faster recovery and not for mass like Masters and Batista.
    Point well taken...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Randyspeeps

[182]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 34
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    Actually, Orton doesn't have the body of a juicer. Batista and Masters on the other hand.... Those guys are the only ones I can think of that had massive losses in mass and weight.
    But you know as well as I do that you don't have to be huge to be a juicer. I.E. Micheals (SOMA), Bret Hart, Funaki...etc.

And Tista actually looks smaller in the boobs area, he and Trips. And for some reason Morrison looks solid in the abs area again. But then again, I don't check everyone out meticulously.

Oh, I know. I was referring to the massive weight loss aspect. If/when Orton juices, it's probably for faster recovery and not for mass like Masters and Batista.

He does have Hypermobile shoulders.

lightning_kf

[183]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 36

sylent_asassin wrote:
    Actually, Orton doesn't have the body of a juicer. Batista and Masters on the other hand.... Those guys are the only ones I can think of that had massive losses in mass and weight. Damn system won't let me quote.

Sometimes you can't really tell if someone is on the stuff just by looking at them.......sometimes. Steroids have a different effect on whoever consumes them.

As for Batista and Masters, heh. I remember all too well my reactions from seeing how small they went back in 2006.

telvisnostic

[184]Dec 18, 2007

Mike Johnson posted a link to an interview today done with Superstar Billy Graham and Eric Gargiulo. In the interview, Graham speaks out about Ken Kennedy calling Graham a hypocrite only to get suspended by WWE for violating their Wellness Policy. Below is what Superstar Billy Graham had to say:

[quote]"That blindsided me Eric because I have always taken the heat for my own steroid use and never blamed anyone except myself. Except for a period of time when I did file a fictitious lawsuit against Vince McMahon over the steroid issue. I was very saddened by Kennedy's remarks because I had actually told him in person when I was having my book tour, one of the towns, he was coming off of an injury that he was so talented that he should never consider using steroids to enhance his physique because of his natural talking ability. I told him that I thought he could be another Roddy Piper-type character, and my wife was sitting there with me when we had this hour long discussion. It seemed like he did have a lot of respect for me and I felt sad. I counseled with Jim Ross over that Kennedy reaction and Jim Ross told me that he felt that Kennedy being the great guy that he is, "just needed more time under the learning tree," a young guy, had not really matured. I sent an email directly to Kennedy through John Laurinaitis' secretary and my first interview that I did, it was on CBS' Katie Couric, national news on CBS and before I went on the air Linda McMahon called me here in Phoenix from Stamford to thank me about going on the air and distancing the Benoit tragedy from steroids. I did that in my first interview and I got a personal phone-call from Linda McMahon and I reminded Ken Kennedy of that, and every interview that I did I distanced Benoit's tragedy from the use of steroids. I was very disappointed in Kennedy because he was such a nice guy to me and he probably still is a nice guy, but then to make that stand and then to be exposed. Honestly Eric and I am going on record right now, I am disappointed that Ken Kennedy has not sent me an apology email. I have been waiting for that apology and you know what, it has never come. I am going on record and I am extremely disappointed in Ken Kennedy and his character. His character should have automatically said, "Alright let me re-evaluate this situation and let me go back and do some research on all of the interviews that Billy Graham did." I was out there you know that, I was on a lot of television stations. I am very disappointed and honestly I am going to tell you right now, his failure to reach out to me and make amends was the final blow as far as me recognizing wrestlers as really good, honest, human beings that most of them are. It just crushed me that the guy didn't have the decency to send me an apology and has let me down in the quality of character in professional wrestlers."[quote]

telvisnostic

[185]Dec 19, 2007

The Associated Press released the following:

State commission delays decision on regulations for wrestling

ATLANTA -- In the face of opposition from the industry, the Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission has delayed a decision on whether pro wrestling should be regulated.

About 70 current and former wrestlers and their promoters voiced their opposition to the proposed regulations at the commission meeting Tuesday. The board decided to delay consideration of the issue for 60 days.

The proposed regulations, such as having paid medical personnel on hand for all events, would apply only to smaller wrestling operations such as Clarkesville-based NWA Anarchy Wrestling. The board also wants to increase inspection of wrestlers and their organizations as well as banning physical or verbal threats toward the audience and the use of too much grease lotion or foreign substances on a wrestler's body.

"Asinine," is what NWA Anarchy wrestler Eddie Chastain called the proposed measures.

The commission already regulates the state's boxing and mixed martial arts, as well as ticket brokers. Professional wrestling also falls under the group's jurisdiction, but Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment has been exempt due to a 2005 statute that excludes groups with total assets of more than $25 million.

NWA Anarchy owner Jerry Palmer said the new rules would put financial strain on small wrestling organizations. Furthermore, Palmer and others said, the proposed regulations would endanger wrestlers who would resort to performing in outlaw shows under no constraints.

"I think it went positive," commission chairman J.J. Biello said after the meeting. "We were looking for feedback. We're open to looking at the rules and changing some things as long as it fairly represents the interest of the state and the fighters, or entertainers in this case. Our main concern is the health and safety of the performers."

WWE representative John Taylor also was pleased.

"It's good they listened to people who know the business," Taylor said. "These rules they proposed are ridiculous."

The WWE would not be affected by the new proposals, but said earlier this week that it would pull all events out of Georgia if it's exemption were rescinded by the Legislature.

The pro wrestling industry has come under increased scrutiny after wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife, son and then himself in their suburban Atlanta home in June.

Investigators have not given a motive for the killings, but the question of whether steroids played a role has lingered. Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home and tests showed Benoit had roughly 10 times the normal level of testosterone in his system when he died.

Some experts believe use of testosterone can contribute to paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage." Benoit's father, Michael, believes years of head trauma his son suffered in the ring contributed to the killings.

GoofyGoober88

[186]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 16
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    Actually, Orton doesn't have the body of a juicer. Batista and Masters on the other hand.... Those guys are the only ones I can think of that had massive losses in mass and weight. Damn system won't let me quote.

Sometimes you can't really tell if someone is on the stuff just by looking at them.......sometimes. Steroids have a different effect on whoever consumes them.

As for Batista and Masters, heh. I remember all too well my reactions from seeing how small they went back in 2006.

Well early this year you could Tell Orton was on roids....Orton is a natually Lanky person & he started to get all puffy & bigger then in bout may he went back to his nomaly lanky self

foofyman

[187]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    Look at my sig and tell me that the WWE pressures men to do steroids

GameWiz1000

[188]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 25

foofyman wrote:

I'd think Khali is big enough, even without steroids.

Randyspeeps

[189]Jan 4, 2008
    foofyman wrote:
    love the sig. Worst thing about it they are displaying that on their website as it's centerpiece.

foofyman

[190]Jan 4, 2008
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

foofyman wrote:

I know, he is a freaking beast, he should flex more often, he sucks, but it impressive

Hurricane1123

[191]Jan 4, 2008
    foofyman wrote:
    Is that your myspace address with a picture of you and your dog?

foofyman

[192]Jan 4, 2008
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:

Possibly

android1000

[193]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 21
    foofyman wrote:
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:

Possibly

He took it out now.

Hurricane1123

[194]Jan 4, 2008
    android1000 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:

Possibly

He took it out now.
    Don't worry, i got to see his picture, and I'm proud to say that I'm still the reigning champion when it comes to being the most handsome guy on this forum.

android1000

[195]Jan 4, 2008
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    android1000 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:

Possibly

He took it out now.
    Don't worry, i got to see his picture, and I'm proud to say that I'm still the reigning champion when it comes to being the most handsome guy on this forum.

OK, I'm sure you'll inspire another person to reveal themselves to the internet wrestling world.

android1000

[196]Jan 4, 2008
    foofyman wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

foofyman wrote:

I know, he is a freaking beast, he should flex more often, he sucks, but it impressive

So Khali has a fitness regimen.

telvisnostic

[197]Jan 5, 2008

wrestlezone.com:

Dr. Phil Astin III has been slapped with another charge - Violating the Conditions of his Bail. It is expected that new charges will be filed against Astin, including overprescribing pain killers to Chris & Nancy Benoit.

More details:

The following is a press release from the Associated Press that has made the media rounds all over the Internet today. Apparently, the legislature in Atlanta has finally allowed Phil Astin to work during weekdays while awaiting his trial on the Chris Benoit case. Astin had financial problems due to his license being suspended, and his judge forbidding him to perform any kind of labor. This also caused his original lawyer to drop out of the case. Here's the release in its full:

Judge eases bond conditions for doctor of late wrestler Benoit - ATLANTA -- A federal magistrate judge has granted a request by the personal doctor for the late wrestler Chris Benoit to be allowed out of his house weekdays to work. The doctor, Phil Astin, faces charges of overprescribing medication to two patients other than Benoit, who killed his wife, 7-year-old son and himself in June. More charges against Astin are expected. Astin is under house arrest while awaiting trial, but asked for permission to be allowed to leave his home to work during the week. A towing service in Carrollton, where he lives, has offered him a job. A spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office said a judge Friday granted the request, but kept in place other conditions that restrict Astin to his home except under certain circumstances. A trial date for Astin has not been set. Authorities said Benoit, 40, strangled his wife with a cord, used a choke hold to strangle his son, placed Bibles next to the bodies and hanged himself on a piece of exercise equipment the weekend of June 22 in their Fayetteville home.

Edited on 01/05/2008 2:10pm

lightning_kf

[198]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 36
    All I can say to that article, telvis, is good grief.

sylent_asassin

[199]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 26
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    android1000 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    foofyman wrote:

Possibly

He took it out now.

telvisnostic

[200]Jan 9, 2008
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to a well placed source in the company, WWE will only test their superstars for marijuana once per year. If a superstar fails a marijuana test they will be subject to a $1000 fine but it will not result in a suspension or count towards their three strikes as part of the Wellness Policy.

Bryan Alvarez claims that drug testing in WWE has already become much less stringent than it was earlier last year. Apparently the feeling is that when it was realized that there were not going to be Congressional hearings and the chances of hearings taking place anytime in the future are slim to none, that everyone took a deep breath concerning the Wellness Policy.

It will be interesting to see if physiques change in the coming weeks as traditionally in WWE, superstars reach their peak in time for WrestleMania. Another thing to watch will be the physical signs of steroid use as with WWE programming airing in High Definition, things such as back acne will be as clear as ever to see.