TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

the cruiserweight title.

  • Avatar of lighting101

    lighting101

    [1]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 10/22/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 490
    you know what i think that gregory helms needs to start defending his title. yeah he is the longest title holder but the reason why is beucase there isn't hardly no cruiser weights. i think he should lose the title soon. i like to see the cruiser weight fight. but now that gregory helms is the top one. he needs to leave or do something to the title. like jimmy wang yang. he should have won the title. and also what happen to the cruiser wieght divison.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [2]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    I think he needs to lose the belt.  He stated he's beat all that the can, so now he wants to go the heavyweight side.

    JWY, Hardy could have a good title run with it, btu sadly they seem to care not what goes on with the CW belt.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Govvy

    Govvy

    [3]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 04/24/04
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 385
    Hardy is a Light Heavyweight, he is ineligible. frankly I think Helms should retire the belt and go after the US title.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of seinfeld111690

    seinfeld111690

    [4]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 08/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 19,951
    I saw the title of this thread, and I thought to myself whatever happened to the Cruiserweight Championship.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of megaman1092

    megaman1092

    [5]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 03/10/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 278
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    I saw the title of this thread, and I thought to myself whatever happened to the Cruiserweight Championship.


    Same here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [6]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    Govvy wrote:
    Hardy is a Light Heavyweight, he is ineligible. frankly I think Helms should retire the belt and go after the US title.
    So why was he challenging Helms for the belt?  I guess creative wanted tus to root for Hardy and as always, have him lose.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TimWidhalm

    TimWidhalm

    [7]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 10/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,369
    telvisnostic wrote:

    Govvy wrote:
    Hardy is a Light Heavyweight, he is ineligible. frankly I think Helms should retire the belt and go after the US title.
    So why was he challenging Helms for the belt?  I guess creative wanted tus to root for Hardy and as always, have him lose.

    He wasn't he was just feuding with Helms, Light-Heavyweights can win the title because the limit for a cruiserweight is under 200 lbs but Helms is about 205 give or take a few pounds even though the WWE calls him a crusierweight.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [8]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982
    What's the point anyways?

    The WWE already killed the damn title, yet they have Tony Chimel calling Helms the longest reigning champion in sports-entertainment.....which is pure stupidity right there. I would like to beat the holy hell out of those guys for ruining a great division as well as rubbing Helms' undeserving, long reign in our faces every damn time he comes out.
    Edited on 01/30/2007 5:31pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DemonSlayerZea

    DemonSlayerZea

    [9]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 05/30/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,668
    Who cares about the Cruiserweight Division. It's dead. They aren't all that daring and highflying anyways.

    Besides, who needs the Cruiserweight Division so long as TNA has it's X-Division? The X-Division is far more exciting than what the Cruiserweight Division will ever be. Quite frankly, the WWE doesn't even have the man power to compete with the X-Division.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of superman8119

    superman8119

    [10]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 09/04/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,943
    They need to bring it back.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [11]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    DemonSlayerZea wrote:
    Who cares about the Cruiserweight Division. It's dead. They aren't all that daring and highflying anyways.

    Besides, who needs the Cruiserweight Division so long as TNA has it's X-Division? The X-Division is far more exciting than what the Cruiserweight Division will ever be. Quite frankly, the WWE doesn't even have the man power to compete with the X-Division.
    It's sad that it's dead.

    I agree, The X-Dision owns!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [12]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    TimWidhalm wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

    Govvy wrote:
    Hardy is a Light Heavyweight, he is ineligible. frankly I think Helms should retire the belt and go after the US title.
    So why was he challenging Helms for the belt?  I guess creative wanted tus to root for Hardy and as always, have him lose.

    He wasn't he was just feuding with Helms, Light-Heavyweights can win the title because the limit for a cruiserweight is under 200 lbs but Helms is about 205 give or take a few pounds even though the WWE calls him a crusierweight.

    I see.  It was a good fued though, a very good one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of superman8119

    superman8119

    [13]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 09/04/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,943
    telvisnostic wrote:

    DemonSlayerZea wrote:
    Who cares about the Cruiserweight Division. It's dead. They aren't all that daring and highflying anyways.

    Besides, who needs the Cruiserweight Division so long as TNA has it's X-Division? The X-Division is far more exciting than what the Cruiserweight Division will ever be. Quite frankly, the WWE doesn't even have the man power to compete with the X-Division.
    It's sad that it's dead.

    I agree, The X-Dision owns!

    yea it is pretty good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamerboy190

    gamerboy190

    [14]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 05/11/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 6,292
    megaman1092 wrote:
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    I saw the title of this thread, and I thought to myself whatever happened to the Cruiserweight Championship.


    Same here


    Me Three. Should be on Jamie Noble or someone else, IMO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Govvy

    Govvy

    [15]Jan 31, 2007
    • member since: 04/24/04
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 385
    Okay, here is the belt rules, you need to be 220 lb or below to qualify.

    Matt Hardy doesn't qualify unless he looses weight!

    Matt is currently 225 lb. Light Heavyweight.
    It was just a feud!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of enervator

    enervator

    [16]Jan 31, 2007
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 10,169

    Govvy wrote:
    Okay, here is the belt rules, you need to be 220 lb or below to qualify. Matt Hardy doesn't qualify unless he looses weight! Matt is currently 225 lb. Light Heavyweight. It was just a feud!

    Although admittedly they can list anyone at any weight they want.  If they really wanted him to have the belt, he could magically go down to 220, and unless they try to pass someone like Umaga off as a cruiserweight then it's unlikely anyone would challenge it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [17]Jan 31, 2007
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982

    superman8119 wrote:
    They need to bring it back.

    Bring the cruiserweight division back?  Not a bad idea.  There's just one problem..  High-flying moves as well as daredevil tatics have been banned by the WWE because they are too risky and too dangerous.

    I say Baloney.  The cruiserweights would make Batista, Lashley, "McMahon's idea of a Superman" Cena, Umaga, Khali and the rest of those bodybuilding rejects look bad.  Vince knows that, he loves muscles over talent, so he banned the moves and fed them to the gorillas so they would look good when they clearly do not.

    That's my theory on their high-flying ban policy.

    Edited on 01/31/2007 7:38am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [18]Jan 31, 2007
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    Govvy wrote:
    Okay, here is the belt rules, you need to be 220 lb or below to qualify.

    Matt Hardy doesn't qualify unless he looses weight!

    Matt is currently 225 lb. Light Heavyweight.
    It was just a feud!


    I thought that the crusierweight limit is 225. And MAtt wieghts more than 225, like 232 or something like that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [19]Jan 31, 2007
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Govvy wrote:
    Okay, here is the belt rules, you need to be 220 lb or below to qualify. Matt Hardy doesn't qualify unless he looses weight! Matt is currently 225 lb. Light Heavyweight. It was just a feud!
    I thought that the crusierweight limit is 225. And Matt wieghts more than 225, like 232 or something like that.
    Govvy's right.  You need to be 220-lbs or less to be a Cruiserweight.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of seinfeld111690

    seinfeld111690

    [20]Jan 31, 2007
    • member since: 08/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 19,951
    lightning_kf wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Govvy wrote:
    Okay, here is the belt rules, you need to be 220 lb or below to qualify. Matt Hardy doesn't qualify unless he looses weight! Matt is currently 225 lb. Light Heavyweight. It was just a feud!
    I thought that the crusierweight limit is 225. And Matt wieghts more than 225, like 232 or something like that.
    Govvy's right.  You need to be 220-lbs or less to be a Cruiserweight.


    I guess Hardy has gained some weight because he used to be the Cruiserweight Champion
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.