WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Wade Barret INJURED *update*

  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [1]Feb 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288


    Wrestlezone wrote:
    As reported earlier, Wade Barrett suffered a dislocated elbow in the main event battle royal match on RAW. An MRI is being done to to get more information on his injury but it is possible that this could keep Barrett out for at least 6 to 8 weeks.


    A more specific time frame will be known later in the week when more information comes from the MRI.

    I hope all heals right.


    Edited on 03/03/2012 9:15am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [2]Feb 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    I feel sorry for him. He deserves to be on the Wrestlemania card. He's done some great work this past wrestling year.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [3]Feb 21, 2012
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,283
    Such a travesty.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SkinsFan2189

    SkinsFan2189

    [4]Feb 21, 2012
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,303
    Wade Barrett needs to come back after his injury and challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [5]Feb 22, 2012
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,477
    Heal up well, Wade!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLe1223

    JLe1223

    [6]Feb 25, 2012
    • member since: 03/04/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,930
    Get well soon Wade! Sad to see injury bug strike when it's close to Wrestlemania.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [7]Feb 27, 2012
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982

    Ouch. In a sense, this is a big blow for SmackDown.

    Edited on 02/27/2012 6:12pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [8]Mar 3, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    PWinsider wrote:
    Wade Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week. Unfortunately for Barrett, the injury is said to be far worse than originally diagnosed. After the surgery, he is now not scheduled to return to the ring for 3-4 months, so Wrestlemania is absolutely out of the question for him.


    Barrett's injury will have a major ripple effect on the Mania card. Multiple sources have indicated that there were plans to have a Money in the Bank match at the PPV with Barrett getting the briefcase. With Barrett out, the match has been scrapped.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [9]Mar 3, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    telvisnostic wrote:

    PWinsider wrote:
    Wade Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week. Unfortunately for Barrett, the injury is said to be far worse than originally diagnosed. After the surgery, he is now not scheduled to return to the ring for 3-4 months, so Wrestlemania is absolutely out of the question for him.


    Barrett's injury will have a major ripple effect on the Mania card. Multiple sources have indicated that there were plans to have a Money in the Bank match at the PPV with Barrett getting the briefcase. With Barrett out, the match has been scrapped.

    That's terrible.

    At the same time, the WWE is stupid. Why not keep MITB and have someone else win it. There are plenty of deserving talent on the roster (Ziggler, Rhodes?). To think there is only route to take is stupid.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [10]Mar 3, 2012
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,477
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

    PWinsider wrote:
    Wade Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week. Unfortunately for Barrett, the injury is said to be far worse than originally diagnosed. After the surgery, he is now not scheduled to return to the ring for 3-4 months, so Wrestlemania is absolutely out of the question for him.


    Barrett's injury will have a major ripple effect on the Mania card. Multiple sources have indicated that there were plans to have a Money in the Bank match at the PPV with Barrett getting the briefcase. With Barrett out, the match has been scrapped.

    That's terrible.

    At the same time, the WWE is stupid. Why not keep MITB and have someone else win it. There are plenty of deserving talent on the roster (Ziggler, Rhodes?). To think there is only route to take is stupid.


    Just more proof that the WWE sucks at Plan B's. Poor Wade. I hope he recovers well from this.

    What the hell is going on with half the roster getting injured anyway? I know it's a dangerous job, but dang, there are like ten people on the shelf, both storyline and for real.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [11]Mar 4, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

    PWinsider wrote:
    Wade Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week. Unfortunately for Barrett, the injury is said to be far worse than originally diagnosed. After the surgery, he is now not scheduled to return to the ring for 3-4 months, so Wrestlemania is absolutely out of the question for him.


    Barrett's injury will have a major ripple effect on the Mania card. Multiple sources have indicated that there were plans to have a Money in the Bank match at the PPV with Barrett getting the briefcase. With Barrett out, the match has been scrapped.

    That's terrible.

    At the same time, the WWE is stupid. Why not keep MITB and have someone else win it. There are plenty of deserving talent on the roster (Ziggler, Rhodes?). To think there is only route to take is stupid.


    Just more proof that the WWE sucks at Plan B's. Poor Wade. I hope he recovers well from this.

    What the hell is going on with half the roster getting injured anyway? I know it's a dangerous job, but dang, there are like ten people on the shelf, both storyline and for real.
    I think it spreads. Once someone goes down, everyone starts feeling it. However, I don't remember it being this bad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [12]Mar 5, 2012
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982

    Someone obviously forgot 2007.


    Remember when Cena, HHH, Taker, Edge, Rey Mysterio and Bobby Lashley were all injured? A midcard guy being injured is bad enough. SIX of the guys that are bringing in the dough for your company going down throughout the year combined with several other fiascos that riddled them for so long?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [13]Mar 6, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    lightning_kf wrote:

    Someone obviously forgot 2007.


    Remember when Cena, HHH, Taker, Edge, Rey Mysterio and Bobby Lashley were all injured? A midcard guy being injured is bad enough. SIX of the guys that are bringing in the dough for your company going down throughout the year combined with several other fiascos that riddled them for so long?

    THAT'S RIGHT! That was rough.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [14]Apr 1, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    He did an interview over the weekend and confirmed he'll be out for 4 months.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [15]Apr 2, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    telvisnostic wrote:

    He did an interview over the weekend and confirmed he'll be out for 4 months.

    That sucks. He was developing very nicely.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [16]Apr 2, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    He did an interview over the weekend and confirmed he'll be out for 4 months.
    That sucks. He was developing very nicely.
    I agree there 100%. He was coming into his own.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [17]Apr 6, 2012
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982

    telvisnostic wrote:


    He did an interview over the weekend and confirmed he'll be out for 4 months.



    4 months?!?! Sucks. Talk about a rotten way to get sidelined.


    And to think, as Telvis said, Wade was slowly getting away from the Nexus and Corre fiascoes.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.