WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Official Discussion

Nickylucas

[1]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 23

Well, this was around the time I created this thread last year for the 2010 game, so I figured I'd make another one. SvR2010 has the highest scores for years by critics, and I am beginning to wonder about next year's edition. So what are some of the things you want in the next years game? Here are some of the things I would like:

Season Mode - Bring back Season Mode from SvR 07 and 08, but with unrepeating storylines and a differentone for every superstar.

Create a Story Mode *Improved*- Make it less limiting to pre-made animations. Make it so we can actually MOVE the characters, as well as putting in the location andall that stuff, this way it can truley be are own story. Also make it so that we can actually fill up the entire 10 years of that calendar so it doesn't just look exciting, it is actually filled. 50 Promos per story is kind of sad, considering there are 13 shows a month and people tend to have 4 to 5 a show if they fill them all up.

Highlight Reel *Improved* - I tried to make a highlight reel of the Taker/HBK match from WM26 and put it on youtube, but the music didn't play and it turned into 2 videos because they couldn't fit more than10 on1 reel. I was pretty upset because I worked hard on getting the highlights right and making it look like the actual match. The overall concept of the HR is cool, but make it even better.

Make Legend HARD!!! - Seriously, I beat Undertaker on legend, as SANTINO MARELLA. No offense to him, but in WWE Undertaker would have to poke Santino (like Hogan did back in WCW to win the title) to beat him.

Bring back Create an Arena!! - Nothing much is needed to say here.

Make created Submission finishers available - Nothing to say here either.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

So those are just some of the things I would like to see in our next edition of Smackdown vs. Raw series. What do you all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 52
    I want every venue used ever, every PPV and every single gimmick kind of match on here.
    Also if they didn't have it in 2010, a Season Mode for your CAW male and female.

lightning_kf

[3]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 36
    There was a season mode for CAWs, only males though. And it was incredibly cheesy.

The only things I really want is Create-A-Story to have extra animations, that way I don't have to repeat the same scene over and over again. THEN quit with the CAW limitations in there, cause having to use all 10 slots just so I can make cutscenes with my CAWs are annoying. Check my channel and see what I mean by that.

And finally, Create-An-Arena. That's the only thing we've yet to create since WWF Attitude. At least let us make our own arenas instead of wrestling in the same old arenas all the damn time.

Deadnight-Majin

[4]May 1, 2010
    • level: 18

Predictive text in create a story.

Harder difficulty without having to tweak all of the different settings. But still keep that feature available, you can actually make it ridiculously difficult with it!

Also, while the overall wrestling has vastly improved, I think the gimmick matches need an overhaul. When people fall off HIAC, they should be crippled! And it should be possible to have a MITB ladder match that lasts lesst than 3 hours.

And I know the wii doesn't have graphics of the same caliber as ps3 or 360, but thats no excuse just to use the same graphics as the PS2 version!

telvisnostic

[5]May 5, 2010
    Some news:

Gamespot wrote:
    In an investor conference call after the announcement, THQ president and CEO Brian Farrell said the company had made a "significant turnaround" during the year. He pointed to the launches of UFC, Darksiders, and Red Faction as specific success stories, noting that UFC shipped 4 million units over the year. Farrell said that matched the 4 million shipped for WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010.

Speaking of the pro wrestling franchise, THQ said it plans to release its WWE Online game in Korea this year and will announce a new WWE branded game at next month's Electronic Entertainment Expo. The long-in-development massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on Warhammer 40,000 is also scheduled to debut at E3, according to the publisher. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6261324.html
    So we won't be getting just one game we'll be getting 2. We'll have to wait until June for this. E3 is a great thing to watch.

telvisnostic

[6]May 6, 2010
    I was on IGN and the new game will be all on the PC.

lightning_kf

[7]May 7, 2010
    While apparently SmackDown 2011 will be PS3 and 360 only.

Sucks for those that only have a PS2.

telvisnostic

[8]May 7, 2010
    I went to IGN and it states it will be on the PS2. Hurrah!
    Edited on 05/07/2010 5:48am

wdprince

[9]May 7, 2010
    • level: 21

lightning_kf wrote:
    While apparently SmackDown 2011 will be PS3 and 360 only. Sucks for those that only have a PS2.

what about wii and psp?

telvisnostic

[10]May 7, 2010
    wdprince wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    While apparently SmackDown 2011 will be PS3 and 360 only. Sucks for those that only have a PS2.
    what about wii and psp?
    Appaerently it's on those two according to IGN- Also on: iPhone, DS, PS2, PSP, Wii, X360.

lightning_kf

[11]May 7, 2010
    Funny. The E3 list had it slated for the PS3 and 360 only.

Guess I was wrong.

telvisnostic

[12]May 7, 2010
    That's probably for what system they will be showing the game footage on.

Nickylucas

[13]May 7, 2010

I enjoy playing SvR10 on the PS3 better, mainly due to free online, but I suppose it makes no difference anyways. I really hope for a Create an Arena mode so we can make highlight reels of matches on recent PPVs, or perhaps an Edit mode where we can make it all look more modern, like the Raw Arena have white ropes instead of red.

telvisnostic

[14]May 12, 2010
    I read on some sites that the online game is not the new one, apparently the second game is going to be brand new.
    What happened to Legends of the Wrestlemania part 2?
    Edited on 05/12/2010 10:34am

lightning_kf

[15]May 13, 2010
    Nickylucas wrote:

I enjoy playing SvR10 on the PS3 better, mainly due to free online, but I suppose it makes no difference anyways. I really hope for a Create an Arena mode so we can make highlight reels of matches on recent PPVs, or perhaps an Edit mode where we can make it all look more modern, like the Raw Arena have white ropes instead of red.

For some reason I preferred SmackDown 2009 more. If the highlight reel was slightly better and Story Designer was there then 2009 would've been my game of choice.

Oh yeah, NO CAREER MODE and simulate all CAW matches to level them up quicker.

Nickylucas

[16]May 13, 2010

lightning_kf wrote:
    Nickylucas wrote:

For some reason I preferred SmackDown 2009 more. If the highlight reel was slightly better and Story Designer was there then 2009 would've been my game of choice. Oh yeah, NO CAREER MODE and simulate all CAW matches to level them up quicker.

2010 is everything that 2009 was just with those things.

telvisnostic

[17]May 29, 2010

It's a rumor for now:

:
    WWE will be adding a new concept to the Smackdown vs Raw 2011 game in that it will feature old school ECW, WCW, AWA and other promotions now in the WWE library. There will be legends associated with these brands as well as arena likenesses and so on.
    http://svrseries.com/

lightning_kf

[18]May 29, 2010
    Arena likenesses? No generic looking arenas this time?

Well all right.....I hope.

telvisnostic

[19]Jun 1, 2010

Has anyone seen this yet?

Hurricane1123

[20]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:

Has anyone seen this yet?

Saying something is one thing, but actually going through with all those promises is another. :S