WWE Friday Night SmackDown Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Official Discussion

JandSman

[221]Oct 27, 2010
    • level: 32
    The Game is really good. It's really hard with the new AI, the online is so much better (expect for Online Royal Rumble, and the Universe mode is pretty cool i will have a full review on my blog soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[222]Oct 27, 2010
    • level: 52

Excellent. I plan on getting it either this week or next week.

TwistofFate14

[223]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 15
    I still have to earn like $40 more bucks, so I should get in in a month. I forgot 2 try and convince my dad to get it for me on WWEShop.com when it was 10% off.

lightning_kf

[224]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 36
    I'm still working on my copy of 2010 so I can't purchase 2011 until I'm done. By November should be the time that I fully finish.

TwistofFate14

[225]Oct 28, 2010
    lightning_kf wrote:
    I'm still working on my copy of 2010 so I can't purchase 2011 until I'm done. By November should be the time that I fully finish.

I'm going to sell some of my old games to earn money.

lightning_kf

[226]Oct 28, 2010
    TwistofFate14 wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

Same here. I have 2 fighting games for both my Wii and PS3 that I'm gonna get rid of eventually.

telvisnostic

[227]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 52

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 video game designer discusses enhancements in the new game, Royal Rumble now available for online play, downloadable character possibilities

The changes and improvements that THQ made from last year's game (SmackDown vs. RAW 2010) to this year's game (SmackDown vs. RAW 2011) and why the Hell in a Cell Match, from a game designer's perspective, was focused on the most: "Where do you start? We've added so much new content to 2011, which is a major feat, because SmackDown vs. RAW 2010 had a wealth of content as well. We added dynamic physics into the game for the first time and added it to all the objects in the game: tables, chairs, and all the objects that reside under the wrestling ring.

"It makes all the matches, like TLC or Chairs Match, or any match involving weapons that much more lifelike and representative of what you see on Pay-Per-View or weekly television. We also revamped the Hell in the Cell Match. Fans have been asking us for years to update that experience and for good reason. It was the match that needed the most attention. We enlarged the cell and made it more of the scope of the structure."

Taking the Royal Rumble Match online for the first time ever: "We redid the Royal Rumble match in 2010, and this year we brought it online
    . You could have up to 12 human players in the match, and I gotta tell you, it's fun as hell. Even if you get eliminated, you'll still be able to control a Superstar coming in from the 30, so you never have that feeling like you're just watching the match and waiting to play."

The feedback THQ has received from SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 thus far from the WWE superstars and which ones in particular will go as far to play the game as themselves: "Yes, they play as themselves. That's why they get so upset when their attributes are on the lower side of things. There's a couple of guys that I know for a fact play the game, Kofi Kingston plays the game a bit, Dolph Ziggler plays the game, Evan Bourne plays it. Those are the guys I know for a fact plays the game, and Kofi is pretty good at it."

Which potential additions could be made as part of the DLC (downloadable content) for SmackDown vs. RAW 2011, in addition to what's being released later this fall and which one superstar he would love to see sooner vs. later into the game itself: "I can't really say. There has been some talks about maybe doing another one, but a decision hasn't been made one way or another. I think what we're gonna do is take a wait and see approach and see how the first couple of packs do, and if there's success, and we get a lot of people downloading the DLC's, I think that will definitely help and urge us to do a fourth pack. I would like to do another so we could get Daniel Bryan in the game, but all these decisions are not mine to make. I could only voice my decisions and hope and pray."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10014904.shtml

TwistofFate14

[228]Oct 29, 2010
    lightning_kf wrote:
    TwistofFate14 wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

Same here. I have 2 fighting games for both my Wii and PS3 that I'm gonna get rid of eventually.

I have some old sports games from 03, 04 and 05, im selling those at gamestop.

GoofyGoober88

[229]Oct 30, 2010
    • level: 16

WWE Universe mode is so realistic...Its always the same 5 guys getting World title shots ...How do you get new guys in the rankings? Because Orton is on like his 5th rematch for the WWE title and Sheamus always seems to be Number 1 Contender for the US title.

Edited on 10/30/2010 5:00pm

TwistofFate14

[230]Oct 30, 2010
    GoofyGoober88 wrote:

WWE Universe mode is so realistic...Its always the same 5 guys getting World title shots ...How do you get new guys in the rankings? Because Orton is on like his 5th rematch for the WWE title and Sheamus always seems to be Number 1 Contender for the US title.

Money in the Bank and Royal Rumbles I guess.

lightning_kf

[231]Oct 31, 2010
    GoofyGoober88 wrote:

How am I not surprised?
    I want all of my CAWs dominating those title pictures.

TwistofFate14

[232]Oct 31, 2010
    I'm even more eager to get the game because my 2010 game's been messing up recently.

Deadnight-Majin

[233]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 18

I played it for the first time today, in HMV. It was the Xbox360 version, and I had 2 matches.

1) Edge (me) vs Undertaker - Hell In A Cell

The Cell looked great and the wrestling was really smooth. Nice to finally be able to have weapons in a HIAC match too. The spots with the Cellinitiallyseemed easyto trigger, but I only worked out how to do 2.

I couldn't figure out how to get out of the cell, I couldn't find a door. I remember seeing a trailerfeaturing the Spear-through-the-cell spot, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

2) Evan Bourne (me) vs Chris Jericho - TLC

Wow. It was beautiful. Being able to hit any move onto any object was fantastic, landed quite a few cool ladder spots. Jericho put me through a table, but I never got round to returning the favour. The way the ladders fell and everything like that has been improved so much. My only issue was I couldn't work out how to do diving moves off a ladder. I only had the chance to attempt that a couple of times though.

The system for taking the title off the hook has been vastly improved as well.

Also, with the exception of one Bret Hart edition, every copy of the game in the city featured the Orton cover, as did all of the posters.

Edited on 11/01/2010 2:41pm

TwistofFate14

[234]Nov 1, 2010

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

How so?

Deadnight-Majin

[235]Nov 1, 2010

TwistofFate14 wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

How so?

Now I've said that, I can't remember what it's like on 2010, I haven't had a ladder match on there in a while.

TwistofFate14

[236]Nov 1, 2010
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

TwistofFate14 wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

How so?

Now I've said that, I can't remember what it's like on 2010, I haven't had a ladder match on there in a while.

You had to move the right/left analog sticks up to grab the thing and wait for the meter that looks like a title belt/briefcase.

Deadnight-Majin

[237]Nov 1, 2010

TwistofFate14 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

TwistofFate14 wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

How so?

You had to move the right/left analog sticks up to grab the thing and wait for the meter that looks like a title belt/briefcase.
    On the new one there is no meter, you have to grab it then pull it off, but you do have to wrestle for it a bit. So it's not as ridiculously quick as it was on the older games, but it doesn't take as long as the more recent games.

TwistofFate14

[238]Nov 1, 2010
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

TwistofFate14 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

TwistofFate14 wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

How so?

On the new one there is no meter, you have to grab it then pull it off, but you do have to wrestle for it a bit. So it's not as ridiculously quick as it was on the older games, but it doesn't take as long as the more recent games.

I'll have to do a ladder match when I get the game tomorrow.

lightning_kf

[239]Nov 1, 2010
    I'm curious on how this WWE Universe mode and title confrontations work.

Is it true that the SAME guys occupy the top spots for the main titles?

spideynerd3

[240]Nov 2, 2010
    • level: 29

lightning_kf wrote:
    I'm curious on how this WWE Universe mode and title confrontations work. Is it true that the SAME guys occupy the top spots for the main titles?

I've heard that it changes from time to time, but it's usually the same few guys. I also hear that it is rather hard to climb the polls to earn a #1 Contender shot. The top titles can only be defended at PPV's apparently as well. But other than that, I've heard great things about Universe mode.

Also, here is the cover to the game that you won't find anywhere else: